Chapter Twenty-Seven

“…I know that Tyler’s got a team of six, counting himself.” Jack said in the darkness.

          “But there were more people at… that place I was at…” Becca contradicted.

          “That makes a good point…” he agreed.

          Jack and Becca were able to move more freely without hearing loud bangs, something they were weary about.

          A fiery storm of red and orange overtook a section of the Hub. They could feel the heat and energy coming from it. Becca stumbled back, but grabbed Jack’s shirt and managed to steady herself.

          Jack looked back at her, “You stay here!” Jack ordered Becca. She didn’t complain.

          Jack dashed through the Hub and saw bodies lumped around the perimeter of it with arrows in their hearts. Jack made a mental note of this, and continued to where small fires were. He put them out easily and looked around, then noticed the lights had flickered on.

          Arianna, Brendan, and Tosh came through from a doorway leading to the lower areas of the base then looked around.

          “Oh my God.”

          “What happened in here?”

          “Small explosion… I think it was caused by Tyler’s men, who all have arrows in their hearts…” Jack trailed off.

          “Tori’s got a bow… and you know, arrows…” Ari noted. Jack acknowledged this, and glanced around, taking everything in. He noticed Tori’s bow to the side and glass, of course that could be from anything, but it trailed to… the Amory. Jack’s eyes lay upon the place.

          The Amory usually had giant glass windows that stretched from the floor to the ceiling with the official Torchwood logo, but it was now completely shattered. Two metal racks of guns had tumbled inward on the second row.

          “Oh wow…”

          “That’s going to be fun to clean up, eh?”

          Jack walked to the ruins of the room. The guns shuffled, just what Jack had feared. He raced toward the damage.

          Tori’s arms popped up, and she roughly shoved guns and rifles away from her face.

          “UGH…. SHIT.” She moaned.

          Jack dug her up. She was cover in soot, cuts that were slightly bleeding, and had some burns, but nothing severe that couldn’t be healed.

          Tori got up, declining Jack’s help, and staggered over to Ari and Jeff, who looked at her warily.

          “Stop lookin’ at me like that…” she mumbled. Tori snatched her phone and dialed for Owen. He didn’t answer. Tori made a face at the phone and looked at Jack, “Where’s Becca? Maybe Owen’ll answer her.”

            Jack looked around the corner, but he didn’t see her. “God dammit!” Jack frowned, “Becca?” Walking around the corner, Jack saw Becca with a gun pointed at a man’s heart.

            Quickly, the man reached for something in his pocket, but Jack saw that Becca was incapable of finishing the job, so he pulled out his own gun, aimed, and shot the man in the head. Becca spun around, a pained look in her eyes, “You didn’t have to do that!” she growled, walking over to Jack, “You didn’t have to kill him!”

            “Yes Becca,” Jack said, grabbing her arm as she began to bring her gun up, “I did.”

            Tears welled up in Becca’s eyes as she got closer to Jack than she really cared to be, “You are a terrible man,” she said, voice shaking in anger, “You strut about like your better than everyone else, but at the end of the day, I’d venture to say that you’re worse than Tyler,” Becca spat at him.

            A burning fire roared in Jack’s eyes as he pointed a finger at Becca, foolishly releasing his grip on the gun she was holding. Becca smiled faintly, then brought the gun up and whacked him in the head with it. Jack stumbled backwards, clenching his jaw, and Becca ran over and kicked him so he fell back.

            “Jack?” Tori said, coming around the corner. She gasped, “BECCA! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?”

            Becca walked over and pointed the gun at Jack’s head, “I bet you don’t have a heart, do you Jack?” Becca’s hands were shaky, but Jack didn’t move, knowing better than to test her now.

            Tori ran over, but Becca simply brought the gun around and pointed it at her. Tori stopped mid-step and threw her hands up, “Becca, calm down. Put the gun away.”

            Shaking her head, Becca looked at Jack, then back at Tori, then once at Tosh, Jeff, and Ari, “No,” she whispered almost inaudibly, then she turned on her heel and swiftly ran off into the darkness.

(A/N- :O There are only TWO chapters left!!!! Do you guys want me to post the sequel on here?? COMMENT, VOTE, AND FAN! :D xx ♥)