Chapter Fifteen

Tori wasn’t expecting Tyler to be alive. She wasn’t expecting him to suddenly try and drown her, then change his mind, but she was definitely expecting him to try again. She was just hoping it wouldn’t be so soon.

        The blast threw Tori back and into Jack’s arms. She faintly heard Brendan and Gwen firing their guns, presumably at Tyler.

        “I’m right here,” Jack showed a faint smile towards her as his face filled her vision, but his eyes were glazed with terror, “You’re gonna be fine, Tori, Owen’s gonna fix ‘ya right up…”

        She was confused, “Where’s Becca?” she asked.

        Jack didn’t answer her question, he just bit his lip.

        “Is she going to be alright?” Jack looked at Owen, but Owen didn’t reply. Almost screaming, Jack’s voice cracked, “OWEN! Tell me she’s going to be alright!”

        Owen yelled back defensively, “I don’t know!”

        Owen clenched his hands into fists and the two men looked at Tori - her face was pale.

           “What are we going to do about Becca? We can’t him get away with this, Jack!”

          “We can’t leave Tori to die, either! Owen, I can’t even see them in the Bay anymore. Tyler must be a good swimmer, and we’d never be able to get them. There aren’t any boats that we can take. I’m sorry Owen, but we’ll get her back. I won’t let Becca die, alright?”

            “…Hurry, Jack,” Tori whispered.

        Jack carried her to the Hub, Owen running beside him with Ianto, Brendan, and Gwen following. They burst in and threw Tori down on the table where Ari had been operated on.

        Jeff’s eyes widened as he saw Tori coated with thick amounts of blood, so he ran over to Brendan, “What happened?” he looked around, “Where’d Becca go?”

        Brendan’s eyes were watering as he answered Jeff’s question, “Tyler took her.”

        Jeff’s jaw dropped, “Tyler? As in...?"

     "Tyler De La Garza."

       "Okay so you're telling me, somehow, Tyler De La Garza comes back from the dead, shoots Tori, and then kidnaps Becca?”

        Brendan nodded slowly.

        Jeff pulled his own hair in anguish, “Do you know where he went?”

        Brendan shook his head, “He had a gun to Becca’s head and he pushed her into the water… Then he just jumped in after her…”

        Jeff began pacing back and forth, “Not good, this is not good!” he stopped pacing and glared at Brendan, “How could you let this happen?”

        Brendan became defensive as his voice became louder, “There was nothing I, or anyone else for that matter, could have done! He pushed her too far back in the Bay. The waves were high and the current was too dangerous. It would’ve cost more lives than we can afford.”

        The two men got in each other’s faces, Brendan standing inches taller than Jeff.

        “Guys!” Gwen broke them apart, putting a hand on Jeff’s chest, “Jeff, Brendan is right. There is nothing we could have done. Tori is strong, as is Becca… They’ll be alright!”

        Jeff glared at Brendan and pulled away from Gwen, “If Tori or Becca dies, you remember it’s your fault.” Jeff’s glare deepened as he turned and walked away from them both and into the vaults where the Weevils were.

        Gwen sighed, “He’ll come around, don’t worry.”

        Brendan shook his head, “No, he’s right. If either of them dies it’ll be on my conscience.”

        “Well,” replied Gwen, “I guess we’ll just have to make sure neither of them dies.”