Chapter Twenty-Nine

Owen walked up behind Becca, “Oh my God... Becca! What happened to Jack?” he yelled, running to check Jack’s pulse.

            Owen glanced over to Becca, but she wouldn’t make eye-contact with him. He knelt down in front of her and slowly removed the revolver from her hand. Tossing it aside, Owen embraced Becca. Tears streaming down her cheeks, she pressed her cold face against Owen’s warm body. His touch sent sparks through her, and breath caught in her throat, “Owen,” Becca said, barely audible, "don’t let go.” He didn’t, and they sat there holding each other. Then, Owen pulled back to looked at Becca. She looked at him and whispered, “I lov-“

            Then another crack exploded and a bullet whizzed past Owen’s ear and directly into Becca’s chest. Her blood sprayed back onto Owen, and he winced back in shock. Everything moved in slow motion. Blood began to trickle out of the corners of Becca’s mouth, and Owen held her up by her shoulders. Before Owen could do anything, another crack erupted and a bullet tore into Becca’s chest, leaving another gaping hole right next to the first. More blood dripped out of Becca’s mouth, and then her eyes rolled back in her head. Becca’s head slumped back, and she became lifeless in Owen’s arms.

            “BECCA!” Owen screamed. He choked tears back as he laid her down and put pressure on the two bullet wounds - she still had a faint heartbeat. Jack sat up, gasping, but Owen didn’t even look at him. The bullet wound in Jack’s head healed itself, and he sat up and crawled over to Owen, “Oh my God...” he whispered.

            Then the rest of Torchwood ran over. “BECCA!” Tori screamed, running over and kneeling down beside Owen, “Is she gonna be okay?” Tori yelled at him.

            Owen shook his head, “We need to get her back to the Hub, NOW.”

                                                                             - - -

            Tyler pulled back from the sniper rifle, a mixture of sadness and achievement glowing in his heartless brown eyes, “Sorry Jack,” Tyler mused aloud, “sorry my sweet Rebecca...”

            Then, Tyler watched as Owen held Becca in his arms, tears streaming down his face. The rest of Torchwood ran up behind him, and everyone broke down in tears. He smiled to himself as he carefully policed his brass, and then put his rifle in its case.

            He had made up his mind; he wanted to torture Tori before he killed her. Killing Becca and Jack had been the perfect way to start. Jack had been an easy kill - he strutted about waving his gun like he was invincible. Obviously, Tyler had just proved him wrong.

            Then Becca… He had waited for someone to find Becca - he wanted her death to be especially dramatic, “A fitting end,” he smiled coldly.

            He stood up and looked out, watching Torchwood rushing around Becca. Slowly, Tori turned and looked directly at Tyler. Tyler smirked, turned, picked up his rifle, and walked into the night.

                                                                                   - - - 

           Jack promptly picked Becca up and rushed her into the Hub, screaming at Gwen while he ran, “WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG?”

            Gwen was right on his heels, “One of Tyler’s men was being difficult!”

          Jack just shook his head as he burst through reception, onto the main platform and into the autopsy room. Jack laid Becca on the table, but she was shaking violently. “OWEN!” Jack screamed, “What’s happening?!”

            Owen held Becca down, “She’s having a seizure!”

            “Can’t you do anything to stop it?” Gwen yelled.

           Owen clenched and unclenched his fists, “Her brain needs oxygen,” he turned to Ari, “Ari! What’s her blood type?”

            Ari stuttered for a moment, and then replied, “AB positive.”

            Owen looked around the room, “WELL?” he prompted, “Who’s AB positive?”

       Everyone looked around, but no one stepped forward or spoke. Jack was leaning against the wall, not making eye contact with anyone.

            “Jack,” Owen said his brown eyes looking desperately into Jack's.

            Jack’s eyes widened, "Oh no...”

            “Yes,” Owen said, spinning around he pulled out a vile of Jack’s blood that they kept for DNA reasons. Under his name it said ‘AB positive’.

            Everyone looked at Jack hopefully, but he shook his head, “No.”

            “What do you mean no?” Jeff shouted, stepping forward.

            “I can’t.” Jack said defensively.

           Then Tori stepped out of the shadows, “Jack,” she said sternly, stepping down the autopsy room steps, “If she doesn’t get blood she’ll die.”

               Jack looked at her but didn't say a word.

               "Give me your fucking blood, Jack!" Tori snapped.

               "Look, I can't, alright? I can't explain..."

             Tori jumped forward, a knife in hand, and violently pressed Jack up against the wall, “You’re gonna do it.”

             Jack stared angrily into her brown eyes, but she didn’t pull away, she just pressed the knife against his throat. “Roll. Up. Your. Sleeve.” Tori growled.

             Everyone held their breath.

             Blood was seeping from Becca's body and onto Owen, his voice cracked, "Jack. Please."

             Jack looked at Owen, then once at everyone else in the room until his gaze rested on Becca, then slowly, not letting Becca's lifeless body leave his gaze, he rolled up his sleeve.

THE END

(A/N- :O It's overr!!!!!! And like I said, sorry about the random ending and cliffhanger :\ Please comment if you think I should post the sequel. (: Thanks to everyone who has read, commented or voted. I loved you guys! :D xx ♥)

(A/N- If you would like to continue reading, here's the sequel. c; Please enjoy, and please help me to keep writing. You guys are my inspirations and I thank you all♥ http://www.wattpad.com/story/3788905-torchwood%27s-revenge)