Chapter Sixteen

(A/N) - And finally, the long awaited Chapter Sixteen! ;D

SPOILER ALERT, but my collab writer and I have already begun a sequel to TMT...  want me to post it on here too? (; Comment, fave, vote, fan, or just have fun reading...

Either way, be sure to enjoy! xx =]

        Becca and Tyler swam for a long time, and Becca knew that an inexperienced swimmer would have passed out a long time ago. She closed her eyes and silently thanked herself for putting herself through all that pain. Pain. Oh God.

        They finally reached a sandy spot that was littered with large rocks. It was still dark, but not even the early morning joggers were out yet.

        When Becca reached the sand, she crawled out on her hands and knees, coughing out bay-water. Her nose and throat burned from it, and her head tingled from Tyler dragging her by her hair.

        “Oh Becca,” Tyler said with a sigh as he stood over her, “You’re so weak!” Tyler picked Becca up and threw her against a rock.

        She screamed out in agony as she hit the rock. She heard and felt a few of her ribs crack. She coughed up blood and rolled onto her hands and knees again. One of her arms curled around herself to put a hand on her wound.

        “P-Please,” she whispered, “Please stop…”

        Tyler smiled, bent down, and looked Becca in the eyes. He growled in her ear, “No.” Burning anger filled his gaze and he kicked Becca full force in her broken ribs, throwing her into the rock.

          "I'm stronger than you think," Becca spat blood at his feet.

        “Move!” he yelled, kicking Becca so she was farther up the beach, “Stand up!” he pulled on her hair until she stood up.

        Becca glared at him, she got into a fighting stance, balancing on her heels. Tyler swung a punch at her, but Becca dodged it with a wince. Becca tried a roundhouse kick on him, but he was too fast. He grabbed her foot and spun her hard, almost causing her ankle to break.

        “GET UP!” he screamed at Becca, kicking her yet again< "IF YOU'RE SO STRONG, FIGHT ME! PROVE IT!"

        Becca warily stood on her feet, coughing up blood once again. This time she lashed out with her fist, slamming Tyler right in the face. His head jerked to the right and he seemed surprised that she had actually hit him. Not letting Becca’s happiness last, he punched her right in the jaw and then swept her legs out from under her with a swift kick.

        She fell to the ground once again, but Tyler’s strange tenderness returned. He helped her up and then helped her limp along. Suddenly though, at no apparent time for no apparent reason, Tyler would push her down and beat her again. When Becca was no longer able to walk from his constant beatings, he would carry her.

        At one time, Becca awoke to find herself sitting on a rock with the water licking at her feet. She saw a shadow streaking through the early morning waves of Cardiff Bay. Squinting, Becca saw it was Tyler. Then, a wave of tiredness hit her. She groaned and laid her head against the sharp rock.

        Tyler walked up from out of the ocean and he used his shirt as a makeshift towel. Walking over to Becca and kneeling next to her, he laid a hand across her forehead, “Sweet Becca? Sleep love. Sleep…” His soothing voice made Becca feel bubbly.

        “No,” she whimpered.

        “Yes love,” he brushed her hair back and kissed her forehead.

        “Don’t touch me!” she growled quietly, weakly pushing Ty away with her hand.

        Tyler just laid his hand on her stomach, and whispered gently in her ear, “Sleep.”