Chapter Twenty-Four

When Becca blinked the sleep out of her eyes, she immediately regretted it. She was sitting in the vaults, and across from her was a Weevil. Trying to get up, Becca realized she was chained to the wall. Rough iron shackles were clamped around her wrists, but, at least she could move her legs. The Weevil across from her was asleep, but Becca knew that once it awoke she would be in for one hell of a fight.

            “Help!” she screamed weakly. Her throat was dry.

            There were a few shadows standing outside of her cell, and she leaned toward them, yelling and pleading.

            Then, Tyler stepped forward and into the faint light, “Well, well, well, Rebecca! Fancy meeting you here!”

            She froze, “Why are you doing this?” Tyler wasn’t supposed to be going after her. Its Tori he wanted. Wasn't it?

            Tyler shook his head, “Oh sweet Becca, you got away, and your silly friend shot me.” Acid crept into Tyler’s voice and anger shot through his eyes like streaks of lightning.

           Remembering that look, Becca winced and turned away from him, surprised when pain didn’t shoot through her. Swallowing hard, Becca looked at him again, “Go to hell.” Tyler smirked again and chuckled.

            Glancing back over at the Weevil, Becca’s heart stopped. It was waking up. Whimpering, Becca pulled her feet up and struggled against her bindings, “PLEASE!” she cried, “SOMEONE! HELP ME!” The tears in her eyes spilled over, and hot streaks ran down her face.

            The Weevil began to sit up, but Becca looked over at Tyler again, she just had one more question before she died, “Why me?”

            Tyler crossed his arms, “Well sweet one, you see, your friend Tori got away from me,” Tyler’s eyes narrowed, “She seems to like you, so I figured killing you would just be the next best thing.”

            Becca’s breathing quickened, “Then why not kill me yourself, you coward!” Becca spit at him.

            “Oh no,” Tyler said, sounding almost surprised, “This will take longer… Cause you more pain… Plus, it’ll be so much fun to watch.”

            More than one laugh echoed through the vaults now, was Tyler the only one there? Who else was waiting to watch her die?

            Becca screamed as the Weevil lunged at her. Kicking it in the head, Becca vowed she wouldn’t go out without a fight. The Weevil got up and bit deeply into Becca’s hip and she let out a tortured shriek of terror. Tyler was right, this was more painful then anything he could have ever done to her. Becca threw her body against the Weevil and it slammed its head against the wall. It got up and went for her throat. Fangs sunk into the right side of her neck and she screamed so loud she was surprised the bullet proof glass of the cell didn't break. Pummeling it with her feet, the Weevil was thrown back and became unresponsive.

            Slowly beginning to loose her grip on reality, black spots filled Becca’s gaze. Had she really just fought off a Weevil, by herself, with her feet? Blood loss was dragging her down, and Becca realized that if she didn’t get help she would die within two minutes. "Oh God," she laughed quietly to herself, "I really... should have... beome an ER doctor..." Blood was dripping down from the gaping holes the Weevil had left in her leg, neck, hip and lower stomach region.

            She leaned her head against the hard wall, one minute left. As death’s cold hands wrapped around her, she was surprised as the cell’s door opened. Figuring that Tyler had come to taunt her before she slipped away, she was even more surprised as Jack rushed in.

            “Becca!” Jack ran over and knelt down beside her.

            A thin smile spread across Becca’s lips, “Mmm, Jack… Never have I been so glad to see you.” Then her head slumped against the wall as the darkness took her.