Chapter Twenty-Six

Tori and Gwen had taken two of Tyler’s men hostage, but they had no way of knowing how many were left. Tori paced back and forth anxiously - she had sent Jack in after Becca almost an hour ago. Gwen was nervous too, “What could be taking so long?” she asked.

            Tori just shook her head, “Becca.”

            “What?” Gwen asked, confused.

            “I should have gone in myself,” Tori mumbled, scolding herself, “Becca doesn’t trust many people, and I’m pretty sure she doesn’t trust Jack - she must be giving him a hard time.”

            Gwen didn’t say anything more.

                                                                             - - -

            “Dammit Owen!” Tosh grumbled in frustration as she set her phone down, “He won’t answer his mobile or his house.”

            “Maybe he’s out drinking,” Brendan interjected.

            “Maybe,” Tosh sighed as she looked at Ari.

            Ari, Tosh, and Brendan were up in reception, and Ari was typing away furiously on her laptop, trying to get the Hub’s power back on so Jack and Becca could get out.

            “Anything?” Tosh asked.

            Ari shook her head with an angry look on her face, “Nothing. You give it a try,”

            Tosh took the laptop away from her and began typing away.

                                                                              - - -

             Finally, Becca spoke, “What do we do?" she said quietly.

            Jack licked his lips and continued, “Well, like I was saying, Tori and Gwen should be taking out Tyler’s men as we speak. Meanwhile, I sent Tosh, Ari, and Brendan up to reception to work on getting the power back.”

            “And how do you plan to escape?” she said, holding her head up.

            “Well,” Jack said, taking a deep breath, “We’ll have to get into the Weapon’s Room and—”

            “Fight our way out?” Becca interjected in horror.

          Jack said nothing and Becca groaned, throwing her head up against the wall again. Suddenly, she had a flashback - Ianto.

            “Where are Ianto and Jeff?” Becca paused, “And where the hell is Owen?”

            Jack looked choked up as he answered, “I don’t know where Ianto and Jeff are….”

            “And Owen?” Becca asked, slightly worried.

            Jack sighed again, “He’s been AWOL ever since you told him off.”

            “I did not tell him off,” she said defensively.

            “Oh don’t even try,” Jack said, an annoyed frown coming over him, “Unfortunately, I’ve known Owen for awhile and I know the look he had on his face as he left. Right now he’s probably drunk in some bar, unreachable for the next day or so.”

            Becca shifted uncomfortably and rubbed her arms, turning away so she wouldn’t have to look at Jack’s accusing eyes. It wasn't her fault Owen was used to getting every girl he lusted after.

                                                                          - - -

            Tori paced rapidly until she finally had to desert her post, two hours later.

          “Where do you think you’re going?” Gwen piped up.

          “Your Hub. Are you coming or what?”

          “I’m going to stay here. I’ll keep you covered.”

          “Thanks,” and she dashed to the Hub using the secret sidewalk entrance.

          The piece of cement started to sink into the base of Torchwood Three’s Hub, and suddenly there were gun shots echoing to the point of deafness.

            “Oi! Come at me assholes! How about a taste of some American class shit?” Tori shouted into the sudden quietness. She hopped off the landing and from there; she reached over her shoulder where her personal stock of weapons were slung over her back. Her favorite by far was the bow. It was a sleek black with a simple string that connected one end of the bow to the other. She quickly grabbed the bow and an arrow from the quiver then shot into the distance.

            Tori heard a successful thump of striking someone in the gut. She repeated the process, as more gunshots fired at her. A sudden fifteen-foot explosion occurred right next to her, blowing her up into the nearby Amory, where heavy guns fell onto her.