Chapter Twenty

TWO DAYS LATER

            “We’re making the trade.” Owen said quickly and to no one.

            Tori was resting in her little room. Owen moved swiftly towards the table on the side and got a needle. She opened her eyes wide, staring at the ceiling.

            “What is it, Owen?”

            He then stepped over to Tori’s bedside and injected tranquilizer into her arm.

            “OWEN!” She screamed and struggled, but Owen had a tight and hard grip on her.

           “Owen… don’t do this… We’ll find… a way…” Tori felt dizzy. Her head seemed light and panic-stricken, and her tongue wasn’t working properly. The effects of the tranquilizer responded quickly, and Tori went limp. Owen threw her over his shoulder and set off.

            He entered the Central Room where no one was to be seen. Owen looked around and still saw no one. He forgot to look in one certain spot. Upstairs, by the windows, Jack Harkness watched Owen leaving up the platform.

            “Oh, no you don’t…” Jack said. He grabbed his coat behind him and ran after him.

            Owen had reached the docks at Cardiff Bay. He held Tori in his arms and looked down at her. She was very still. Suddenly, two silhouettes appeared, just what Owen had been waiting for.

                “Hello, Owen,” Tyler said smoothly. Owen glared at him then shifted his gaze to Becca. She was also unconscious.

            “Give her here,” Owen said loudly.

            “…At the same time,” Tyler decided. He held Rebecca out and threw her to the cement. Owen held Tori out, but someone behind her snatched her.

            “It won’t happen, Owen.” Jack pointed a pistol at Tyler. “Go. NOW.” he said to Tyler.

            Tyler stepped forward. Jack pointed his gun to Tyler’s chest. Tyler took another step. Jack quickly shot down to Tyler’s thigh.

            “HOLY SHIT!” Tyler jumped into the water and vanished from sight.

            There was a long pause before Owen broke the silence, “Jack-”

            “Save it.” Jack said quietly and walked away with Tori.

           Owen stood there, not knowing what to do. Then, looking down, he saw Rebecca on the cement. He scooped her up and followed Jack.

          The two arrived back at the Hub, with both Tori and Rebecca. They set the girls down in separate rooms, and met in Jack’s office.

            “I want you to go home. We’ll talk about this tomorrow.” Jack stated. Owen nodded and turned to the exit, then limped off. Jack sighed and went upstairs.

(A/N) - Hey guys, I'm sorry I haven't uploaded in forever, but school's ending and everything's just crazy... I am currently fueding with my co-writer Tori, and I really don't know if I'm going to  post the sequel on here (I might if I get enough feedback and people who want it), but I will for sure finish up this story. :) Thanks for reading guys. :D

-RosiePiper♥