Chapter Thirteen

It was 1:30 A.M. Tori yawned and put her hands behind her head - feet up on the little table next to Arianna’s. Tori felt someone standing behind her, and became uneasy. Not knowing it was Jack, Tori jumped up off her chair with a knife in her hand ready to stab. Recognizing the head of brown hair and amused blue eyes, she tucked her knife back up her sleeve.

        “Jumpy, are ‘ya?” Jack teased. “So, where’s your Hub, anyway?”

        “Er…” Tori didn’t want to tell Jack the truth, but he already seemed to know.

        “You guys don’t have a Hub, do you?” He said knowingly.

        “…No… Not a proper one at all…” She said quietly.

        “Thought so… Well, we have extra beds here and stuff, so you can stay here, with me,” he said slowly.

        “Thank you,” she said to him.

        “Anytime, anytime…”

        Wanting to move around, Tori walked past Jack toward the raised center platform where the computers were. One computer was beeping - it sounded like a message. A message at two in the morning? It couldn’t be right, but Tori checked it anyway.

        It was a message addressed to her. She opened it, not sure of who it was from, until she looked at the bottom of the email.

To: Tori Sparrow

Hello Tori.

I heard you were almost hit by a bullet. Is this true? I hope dear Arianna is alright... Anyway, I would like to see you again. It’s been very long, you know. I hope you haven’t moved on or anything. Although, I did see you and a man by the name of Jack Harkness the other night…

Well how about all of us meet near Cardiff Bay at the dock or something?

Come soon.

          Ty

        Tori was in complete disbelief. Tyler was gone. Long gone. Dead. It must be a trick or something. However, curiosity burned inside her to see who it truly was. ‘Come soon’, it had said. She would come soon. Very soon.

        Jack came up behind her and read the email. He looked confused and then he remembered who Tyler was.

        “I thought he was…” he began.

       “Dead,” Tori finished for him. “Yeah. It’s probably some trick, but I want to see who sent the email… then face them…”

        “Why would you want to see who it was?” Jack asked, sitting down on a nearby chair.

        “To teach this son of a bitch a lesson,” Tori started packing her things, although she didn’t have very many. Ari was still resting.

        “Who should come?” Jack questioned.

       “You, Ianto, Bex, Brendan, Gwen, and Owen. Let’s have Tosh, Jeff, and Ari, work here at the computers and radars, yeah?” Tori said quickly. She was already heading to the door.

             “Whoa! Hold on,” Jack said reaching towards her.

          She turned around and said, “You know, I think I’m gonna go up the platform,” she then walked to the other end of the Central Room and asked Jack if he could get it working for her.