Chapter Eighteen

Blinking, Becca awoke to blackness. She was dazed, confused, and aching. “T-Tyler?” she whimpered, unsure of what else to say.

            “I’m here.” Tyler walked over to Becca and pulled a bag off her head. He smiled at her and then slapped her across the face, again. She whimpered and looked around. Becca was in the center of a large warehouse, tied to a folding chair. Tyler pulled out a camera and put it on a tripod directly in front of her.

            “Now,” he said, “You’re gonna be making some videos for your friends.” He repeated over and over what Becca should say, and when she said something wrong he hit her. Finally, Becca did everything perfectly. Tyler recorded it, placed the bag over her head again, and then walked out of the room.

            For hours, Becca sat there, in the dark, praying for Tori. Really nobody else in Torchwood Four fully believed in a religion except her, and in Torchwood Three she wasn’t sure. Jack probably doesn’t believe, he just has that air about him.

            Tyler arrived again, this time with a folding chair and a digital recorder. He took the bag off Becca’s head, unfolded the chair, and sat on it.

            He smiled a toothy grin, “Now Rebecca, I just have some questions I’d like you to answer.”

            Becca was confused, “And you want to record me? What if somebody finds it?”

            Tyler brushed his hair back, “Now Becca, I, like the Nazis, am going to record everything. The only difference between them and what I'm doing, is that, well," he chuckled, then looked at her with an animalistic fierceness that struck her down with fear, "I will not be stopped by an American with a gun.” He winked and continued, “Okay, what’s your full name?”

            “Rebecca Dove.”

            Tyler slapped her.

            “Doctor Rebecca Lynn Dove,” Becca spit out her middle name.

            “When’s your birthday?”

            “March 30th, 1990.”

           Tyler opened his mouth, but Becca cut in, “Making me twenty-one,” Becca said before he could ask.

            “And do you know why I’m keeping you alive?” Becca looked at her lap and nodded, “Yes,” she thought in vain about what Tyler had made her say - it made her stomach churn. She just hoped they got and understood her message.

(A/N)- Thnk you all for the positive feedback on Ch. 17, I really appreciate it! ;D

And because I love you guys, I'm going to post another chapter today since this one is so short.... c: