♡ 6

Every step I take Every move I make Every single

day Every time I pray I'll be missing you  

   ~ Puff daddy 1997  

(Before you start freaking out because of the song I used for this chapter just know nobody died lol )

December/27th/1992 

Aaliyah P.O.V

I woke up to the soft sounds of Mya snoring on my chest. I softly move her off me and get out of the bed. It was 9am I know she'll be up soon so I'm going to make her some breakfast. I walk out of my room and head to the kitchen only to find my mom laying in the middle of the floor an empty liquor bottle on the side of her and small little plastic bags laying around. I don't even bother to pick up her alcohol bottle and empty drug bags. 

I make my way into the kitchen but before I can even open it I hear a hard knock at the door. I roll my eyes and make my way tot the front of the house. 

"Who is it?" I scream to the door. 

"Sharon Brooks of child protective services."I hear an unfamiliar females voice say. 

What the fuck, I start to panic as I run over to where my mom was frantically picking up her drugs bags and bottles. 

"One, second please,"I say as I quickly trying to straighten up the house the best that I can. 

Fuck why the hell is DCF here who in the fuck called DCF, I walk back to the front door take a breath and pull the door open. 

"Hello I'm Sharon Brooks, and I'm with child protective services, we've been getting several calls about child endangerment and a report was made a feel days ago from the hospital about a sexual assault on a minor. "The lady says with a completely straight face, Her long blonde hair sat neatly on her shoulders, She had on a black skirt suit and a clipboard in her hand. 

"May I come in?"She says as she peeks inside the house looking around. 

"Uh.. Yes ma'am, you can."I tell her as I step aside for her to walk in.

"I have to do a routine check of the home."She tells me and I shake my head in acknowledgment she walks into the living room looking around it was such a mess in here, she wrote notes as she looked around the house. She made her way to the kitchen and nearly tripped over my mother. 

"I'm so sorry um my mom had a long night she's kinda tired," I explain to the lady but all she does is flip her hair to the side writing down more notes.  She walks into the kitchen and opens the fridge only to find it completely empty for the expectation of a cartoon of eggs, the breakfast I was going to fix for Mya. She writes more note and walks over to the sink turning the knob. No water came out and I couldn't help but sigh. I didn't get to pay the bill yet I needed 40 more dollars. Sharon looks around the counter and lets out a huge gasp. 

"I think I have seen enough,"She says as she picks up a small bag full of cocaine off the kitchen counter. 

I was completely speechless, at this moment. 

"Where is Mya?"She asked me as she wrote more things down on her clipboard. 

"She's in my room asleep,"I tell her and she nods. 

"I need to speak to her by myself."She explains. 

I walk into my room, walking over the bed gently shaking Mya. She groans and slowly wakes up. 

"Yes, Liyah?"She mumbles 

"Sweety this nice lady needs to walk to you sweety," I tell her and she slowly gets up. The lady walks into the room and I leave standing by the door. I wonder what she's asking her but I'm sure I have a good idea. 

After about ten minutes of them talking they both walk out of the room. 

"I'm sorry to inform you, but I have to take Mya."She informs me with a serious tone looking me in my eyes. My heart drops to my stomach. 

"What do you mean you have to take her, take her where? You can't just take her."I say frantically. 

"I'm sorry but this environment it completely unsafe for a 5-year-old. There are drugs in the kitchen, Alcohol containers, no food, no running water and no heat. Until we are completely sure that your mother is able to care for the both of you I have to take her, since your 16 we can't take you it's the law here, I'm sorry but this is just not a safe place for a little girl."

"No, please don't take her from me please I need to watch over her I don't want her hurt again,"I plead tears beginning to form in my eyes. 

"I assure you she will be safe at the facility were placing her at, She's definitely not safe here at the home where a sexual predator stays,  Mya told me your mother's boyfriend touched her every night for two weeks did you know this?"She asked me and I couldn't believe it tears started to stream down my face. 

"Mya why didn't you tell me."I cry looking at her I couldn't believe I had let this go on for that long. 

"I'm sorry we have to go now."She tells me as she grabs ahold of Mya's hand and walks towards the door. 

"Where is she going to be I need to be able to see her."I cry following after them. 

She pulls a piece of paper from the back of her clipboard and passes it to me. 

"This is the address there are no visitors allowed for the first two weeks I'm sorry."She tells me causing my heart to sink even more. Mya looks back at me her big brown eyes full of tears and fear as they walk out the door, I fall to my knees crying. My heart was hurting my baby is gone and there is nothing I can do about it. 

Okay, this chapter was short shorter than usual, I know my chapters are short but they will get longer as the story progresses. I don't know if you guys were getting attached to Mya or not but she's not gone for good her character will definitely be back, the next few chapters may be a little intense I have so much that's gonna be going on in this story and I really hope you guys are ready.I hope you guys are enjoying, please vote and comment. I really appreciate all the people who do comment and vote it keeps me motivated... ~Lisa