♡ 26

Keith's P.O.V 

I sit on my bed listening as my mom and dad scream at each other. My dad yells and shouts telling my mom that she's overreacting and she calls him terrible names. 

"No Terrence you cheated on me! You're a liar and I'm done, I'm done with all of this." My mom shouts. 

"Calm down Angela, it was a mistake I'm sorry, "Terrence yells back and I roll my eyes. 

I quickly hop off the bed and walk into the living room where they were arguing. 

"Mom come on let's go get some fresh air,"I say to my mom as I gently grab her hand. She doesn't hesitate to come with me.

"No you are not going anywhere, Keith let her go, go in your bedroom and mind your business,"My dad shouts and I laugh, who does he think he is. 

"My mom is my business, you're never here you don't just get to come in here and tell me what to do fuck you."I spat and his eyes widen. 

"I pay the bills here you will not speak to me like that in my own fucking house,"My dad snaps stepping in my face. 

"I don't give a fuck what bill you pay, you'r-"Before I could even finish my sentence I feel Terrence hand spread across my cheek. I felt rage building up inside me and before I could even react my mom had slapped Terrence as hard as she could. 

"Don't you dare ever touch my son again." She Shouts and Terrence hand immediately wrap around my moms neck. I grab him by the back of his suit and pull him off of my mom causing him to tumble to the ground. All the angry build up in me came out as I started to punch Terrence in his sorry ass face.

"Keith that's enough!" My mom says, I slowly get up my breathing heavy as I look down at him.

"Let's go ma,"I tell her and she doesn't hesitate to follow behind me out the front door.

She tosses me her car keys and we both get into her car. I didn't know where were going to go but I just want us out of the house with that asshole. 

I drive and drive, my mom sits quietly just looking out the window not saying at word. At a time like this I should be worried about my mom and comforting her but all I can think about is Aaliyah. Thoughts of all the things we've been through run throughout my mind. I remember the first time Terrence cheated on my mom. I was young and the arguing was so overwhelming, my mom screamed and yelled at him and he yelled back. I couldn't take it I remember grabbing my jacket and shoes and running out the house. I got on the city bus and went to Aaliyah's house. When I got there the door was cracked open. I slowly walked in saying hello but I got no answer. I walked into Aaliyah's room and she was sitting on her bed with her needs held tightly to her chest. She was crying and she looked so scared. I don't remember much of what was wrong, she just hugged me so tightly and I held her back. It was as if the presence of each other made everything better. Being with her mad my sadness and anger melt away. She was the only one who ever makes me feel better when I'm done, she doesn't even have to say much her being there is enough to brighten my entire day.

My mom and I end up at a small little diner. We just sit and not say much, especially not about the sistuatuon. She orders a chicken salade and a sweet tea and I just order a fruit punch. My mom ate her salade slow. Taking deep sighs and shaking her head. I felt so bad, but I've been telling my mom for years that I think she should leave him. I don't even see him as a father. He's never home and never there to support anything that I do. Its always just been my mom and I. I wouldn't care if she left him. All he does is lie and cheat on her. He thinks that just because he brings in most of the houses income that he deserves my respect, but he doesn't. I can get Job and take care of me and mom by myself. I don't need him, we don't need him!