♡ 23

If I never feel you in my arms again,

If I never feel your tender kiss again,  

Toni Braxton ~1993 

Keith's P.O.V 

My heart aches as I lay on the edge of my bed tears streaming down my face, I feel like a bitch, but honestly I don't care. Two weeks. They have been searching for her for two whole weeks and they can't find her. I don't know where he took her but I can't breath when I think about it because I just know in my heart she isn't safe. They've checked hotels and motels, all within a three-hour radius of where we live, and they're nowhere to be found. 

"Sweety,"I hear my mom's voice say softly as he walks into my room. 

"yea,"I sniff as I roll over in my bed to look over at her. The room was completely dark and I could barely see her. 

"She's going to be okay baby they will find her,"She says her tone so sweet. 

"You think so.."I ask softly and she walks over to my bed sitting next to me. 

"I know so baby, Aaliyah is a strong girl, she has been through so much, she can get out of this situation. "She assures me as she rubs her soft hand over my cheek. 

"I know you love her, and once they find her, I want you to let her know that, I'm sick of this mess with you and that Briana girl you hear me? Tell Aaliyah how you really feel she needs to understand that what she has with that boy isn't healthy and that you're the one who really cares about her." My mom tells me. 

I don't respond I just sigh, I really need to tell her, and I really need to just end things with Briana. 

Aaliyah's P.O.V 

The tears flowing down my eyes were not going to stop. I look at myself in the mirror my eye was swollen and my lip was bust open. I cry harder falling to the ground balling up and holding myself. I want to leave, I rather be at my old home with my baby sister and drugie of a mom then here with him. It's not like I have an actual home to go to. Just a foster center that i'll be kicked out of by the time I'm 18. I wouldn't even have to worry about it if I could just go to school, I won't be able to graduate and go to college if I'm never at school. I don't know why things are like this. Why was I so stupid and gullible enough to believe he actually loves me. I remember when I was younger and my mom's boyfriend would beat her bloody. I always swore that I would have a boyfriend like Prince Akeem and he would love me for me. I always dreamed a prince would come and take me away. I always dreamed he would take me away from every bad thing that has ever happened to me and I would be happy. I assumed Luke was my going to be my prince, from the words he told me and the way he looked at me and the way he touched me. When we first started dating the way we would stay at his house all day just laying in  his bed clothless, just talking randomly. He would buy me nice things and it made me feel special and pretty, but now I'm here on the floor dried blood on my lip and bruises all over my body.. 

I don't even know what love is,  I wanted love so bad that I was too blind to see that Luke is obviously not the one for me. 

"Get out of the bathroom,"He shouts as he kicks the door, my heartbeat increases and I hold myself tighter. I close my eyes tightly hoping that this was just a dream and everything is just a dream and when I open them everything will be perfect. I hope everything in my life was simply just a terrible nightmare and I will wake up to a beautiful loving mother and I will know who my dad is, we will live in a nice little neighborhood with a white picket fence, and I'll go to a private school. Keith and I would still be best friends and our friendship wouldn't be based on his pity for me. I'll already have all my college acceptance letters and in August I would be on my way to Tallahassee or Atlanta going to one of the hbcu's of my dreams. I want to open my eyes and see Keith beautiful smile. I want to wake up and somehow I never even met Luke or knew who he was.