♡ 9

Pretty brown eyes you know I see you,  It's a disguise the way you treat me you keep holding on to your thoughts of rejection if you're with me you're secured.

~ Mint Condition 1991

December/31/1992 

For some reason,  my nerves were going crazy as I stood outside of my house waiting for Keith to pick me up. I tried my best to look decent I had on a pair of light blue faded jeans and a Tommy Hilfiger crop top that Keith's mom got me last year for my birthday. I've only worn it twice because I don't really like wearing crop tops. My hair was in a high bun and I had on my bamboo earrings. I had scrubbed my sneakers so that they could look neater, I put on a few coats of mascara and my cheery blossom clear lipgloss. I felt like I looked nice but at the same time, I felt self-conscious. Keith is usually always on time but tonight he wasn't, He told me he would be here at 7:00 he's only 30 minutes late but it's really not like him. I rub my arms to try to keep warm as I wait.

A few minutes later an unfamiliar black car pulls up to the front of my house. My heart starts to pound a little and I prepare myself to duck and or run not knowing who the fuck was in that car or why it was in front of my house. The tinted car windows slowly roll down until the person driving the car is revealed a sigh of relief leaves my lips as I see Luke looking at me. 

"Hey Aaliyah, Keith send me here to pick you up for the party,"He shouts as he waves his arms for me to come over. 

Okay now I see why Keith was late.. well Luke. I walk over to his car and walk to the passanger side opening the door and getting it I felt a bit awkward getting his car, he looks over at me and smiles so I smile back. 

"You look very beautiful,"He tells me making my heart warm. I don't get that alot. 

"Thank you,"I smile and he starts his car

"My pleasure,"

His radio is playing softly Give Him Something He Can Feel by Envouge was playing, I love this song so much. Music is something very dear to me I've always loved music every since I was a little girl, I sway my head back and forth to the beat of the song, it's a habit that I've always had. Every time I hear something I like I can't help but sway to the beat. 

"I see you like that song."He laughed. 

"Yeah,"I giggled. 

"Hey can,I take you somewhere before we head to the party," Luke asked me so suddenly. 

"Where exactly?" I questioned 

"It's a surprised,"He says simply. 

"I don't very much like surprises," I explain to him. 

"It nothing bad I promise,"He assures me and I hesitate. 

"Okay, I guess," I sigh and he smiles widely as he pulls out from in front of my house. 

"So who's your favorite singer?"Luke ask me 

"Um I have plenty but I really like Prince and Micheal Jackson," I tell him and he looks impressed. 

"Hmm Mike and Prince, you have good taste, what rap do you listen to?" 

"I like Ice Cube, Mc Lyte, NWA,"