♡ 30

Aaliyah P.O.V

This week was slow and easy, although there was minimum interactions between Keith and I because Briana rushes him off before he can even get out a full hi to me. School breezed by, I honestly feel like I had a nice week the nicest week I've had in such a long time. I could still feel Keith's lips pressed against mine as if they never left. Thinking about our lips touching again gives me chills and butterflies. I have never wanted him to be all mine this bad. I roll over in my bed looking at the picture that Keith had drawn of me. It was so beautiful. I still have his journal but I haven't told him about it. I read it ever single night and it makes me feel warm inside every single time I read his deep words. I sink deeper into my bed thinking about how things could be if we were together officially. Us graduating together and going to prom. Us both getting accepted into the same university although he already applied and got into Howard and I was yet to apply. I have it already to be mailed I just need to send it and I don't know what I'm waiting for. I'll send it tomorrow. I hope I get in, that's one of my biggest dreams getting into Howard university. Its my way out of the hood and off to bigger and better things for me. Maybe things can be different for Keith and I. I'll be a successful college woman and not another hood girl stereotype. Keith and I will can be together maybe. Maybe He'll leave Briana..

What am I thinking that's kind of dumb of me she's perfect, she already got accepted into HU as well. She's beautiful and they look picture perfect together. I doubt that things could ever be real between Keith and I, but that kiss... That kiss felt so real like Keith and I were the only people in the entire world and our love was implement.

"Liyah!" I hear Mya scream as she burst through the doors of my room. Her eyes were wide and full of tears. I jump out of my bed and rush over to her.

"What's wrong baby girl what happened?" I ask her frantically.

"Ruby died Liyah, she died." Mya screams and crys throwing herself onto me.

"Oh my gosh, baby girl I'm so sorry, I know you cared about her so much. How did you find out." I question her and she tries to catch her breath.

"I-I was on the phone with her and she had to get off because something happened and I heard screaming and loud notices and Algee was freaking out in the back ground." She cries.

"Mya, she might have just had a little emergency, we will go see her right now okay."I tell her and she nods.

I slid on my shoes and a jacket and go into the teen room. I pick up the phone on the magazine table and dial Keith's home number.

"Hello?"Keith voice says after three rings.

"Hi Keith, um do you think you can come pick up me and Mya and take out to the south side hospital?" I ask him.

"Yes of course I can what happened?" he questions.

Keith's P.O.V

I quickly grab my keys after I get off the phone with Aaliyah, I didn't even know Mya had a friend. Liyah and I used to know every single thing about each other, I hate how distant things have been lately I want us to go back to the way we were with each other. no secrets untold the only one being about my feelings for her.

I get into my car and head to the foster center. My pager soon begins to go off and I'm not even halfway down the street. It was Briana's number, I'm not going all the way back there, so I decided I'll just call her back later.

Aaliyah's P.O.V

Once Keith gets here Mya is still in a panic crying very hard. Keith gives me a sympathetic look. I decided to sit in the back seat with Mya letting her lay her head on my lap. The drive to the hospital wasn't extremely long. Mya and I get out the car first Rushing into the building. I ask for Ruby's room number, I was told she was in the ICU and children under the age of 13 were not allowed in and they would have to sit in the waiting room outside of the actually hospital room. Mya and I rush to the evavator takining it up to the 5th floor were Ruby was. 

Once we get to the room I am frozen when I see Algee sitting outside on the floor sobbing extremely hard into his shirt. Tears immediately form in my eyes, I can't even imagine how he feels right now. I slowly walk over to him and take a seat right next to him placing my arms around him. He doesn't even look up to see who I was he just sinks his head into my shirt and cries even harder. 

"She's gone."He says his voice cracked. 

"I'm so sorry Al."I say my voice cracking as well. I try to keep my calm and not break down because he needs someone to be strong for him. He slowly looks up at me with a confused look on his face. He looks as if he wants to say something but he doesn't. 

Keith's P.O.V 

Mya tries to look in the window of the room but a nurse wouldn't let her. 

"I just want to say bye bye,"She cries as she tries to run pass the nurse into the room, she's not fast enough as the nurse grabs her, Mya lets out a loud crying scream begging to just see Ruby one more time and it breaks my heart. 

"Come on Mya it's going to be okay sweety,"I say as I pull her away from the nurse and pick her up. She cries into my shirt wrapping her arms tightly around my neck. I look over at Aaliyah she had her arms tightly wrapped around the guy sitting on the ground that I assumed was the young girls brother. 

*******

I think this has been one of the saddest things I've ever experienced in my life seeing my little sister break down so hard and have to go through something like this, losing someone so special to her. Seeing Algee like this hurt me too he was such a sweet and kind guy, He walked her to school every single day until she got taken even though it made him late, He would do anything for  his sister, I admire him for that he loved her so much. Algee would put up 10 dollars of his pay check up every week just so that he could do something fun we Ruby every other saterday, like taking her to see a movie or going to an amusement park. He was such a good brother and good person and I hate that this is happening to him. 

Mya is asleep in keiths lap and I'm sitting next to Algee as he just stares at the white wall not saying a word. 

"Liyah.."Algee says softly turning his head looking at me.

"Yeah?"

"I thought you were Nae sitting next to me until you spoke.. I called her but she didn't even show up.. but you're here with me and I really appreciate that."He says looking me in my eyes. My heart breaks so much as he looks at me he looks so heartbroken and sad. 

"Don't worry Al, I'm always going to be here for you."I tell him truthfully. 

"Thank you."He says simply looking back at the wall. 

I didn't edit this chapter yet im just going to post it and edit it later I hope you enjoy or not enjoy lol. ~Lisa