♡ 10

All the time I think of you holding on to someone new 

don't make me lose my mind  

~ Usher 1994 

Keith's P.O.V 

I wake up with the worst headache I've ever had, what a way to start the new year, I could barely sleep last night the only thing I could think of was Luke and Aaliyah and the way she looks at him, so needy for his attention and the way she clings to his touch. I don't even know what he was whispering to her while they danced last night but it was like every word he said had her in some type of trance. I need to write and let out all of my frustrations before I lose my damn mind thinking about them. 

I get out of my bed and walk to my dresser opening the last draw and moving the clothes aside. To my surprise, my Journal was not there. What the hell. I frantically snatch the clothes out as I search for my Journal. 

"Where the fuck is it?"I say out loud to myself as I look around my room, I walk out into the living room and begin to look there but I still couldn't find it. Where in the world would I have put it, The last place I had it was in my room. I walk outside knowing that it's definitely not out there but to be safe I have to check. My heart drops when I see my black hard Journal laying in the driveway. I rush over and pick it up, thank God it's not ruined but how did it get out here. I wasn't that drunk last night I only had one drink. 

I walk back inside and go back in my room sitting on my bed. I open my journal and take a breath as I reread the things I had wrote last year about her. 

My Cinnamon colored queen, these are words that would never be able to leave my lips and tell you to your face but they are my true feelings. You're so beautiful although you do not see it. You are effortlessly perfection. You're a mess of gorgeous chaos and I can see it in your beautiful big brown eyes, I don't think you start chaos, I just believe your life is full of disorder and confusion. You're so readable, your facial features give away everything, your emotions are so apparent whatever you're feeling your face gives it away. I look at you and I can tell that you need the feeling of being wanted and loved, you're not used to be complimented about your looks. You're so pure and graceful and that's what I love about you, it's intoxicating. I wish that one day I will be able to say these words to you, but a friendship is such a valuable thing that I don't want to ruin, until the day that I know we can be together I will keep my feelings written down my beautiful cinnamon-skinned queen. 

I look at the small sketch that I had drawn of Aaliyah late one night when I couldn't get her out my mind, It was a day we spend together Just talking and listening to music, the way she laughed and smiled. The way she swayed her head to the beat of the music. She's all I can ever think about and I hate seeing her in pain, I hate seeing her cry and hurting. Sometimes I just want to pack all her thing and my things and run away with her. I just want to take her somewhere better. The environment she lives in is so toxic and I don't want it to influence her. I look at the drawing and memories of Aaliyah and I run throughout my mind. I remember when we first meet it was at the bus stop our first day of fourth grade. I was with my usual crowd of friends we were all dressed up in our new school clothes and shoes. I remember Aaliyah walking over to the bus stop and everyone burst out laughing. She had on a raggedy faded red t-shirt and white shorts with little stains on them. Her shoes were nearly falling apart and so was her school bag. Everyone was making rude comments about her but I wasn't, despite her attire she was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen in my life beside my mama. She always had big beautiful brown eyes and a smile so bright. Her skin wasn't ugly to me and I didn't understand why everyone teased her about it. I remember us all getting on the bus when it came,  Aaliyah sat alone so I sat next to her everyone clowned me for it afterward but it didn't matter to me. When I sat next to her she was so shocked. She looked at me as if I was crazy. I introduced myself and she did the same. She smelled like cigarettes and alcohol but for some reason, I didn't question her about it or bring it up, her hair alway smelled so good though, like cocoa butter. The older we got the closer we grew. She stopped smelling like cigarettes and alcohol once we reached the 7th grade. She always smelled nice. 

I remember us staying up all night watching horror movies and not being able to fall asleep from fear, I wasn't really scared but I liked staying up all night with Aaliyah, we would talk about random things and laugh. I would wrap my arms around her waist and cuddle her so close my excuse being that I was scared but in reality I just wanted her near me. 

All I could think about was her at the moment I felt so jealous about her and Luke even though I was the one who told him to pick her up, I knew she liked him and I just wanted to make him happy, I didn't expect him to take her somewhere and stay out all night I simply instructed him to bring her to the party, but I see he had other things in mind. 

"Baby, are you up,"I hear Briana's voice say as she walks in my room I quickly shove my journal under my pillow before she can spot it. 

"Yeah I'm up wassup?"I ask her 

"Why didn't you let me stay over last night"She questions as she walks over to the bed and sits on my lap.

"I had a headache and I was tired sorry sweety,"

"I wanted to bring in the new years in a special way,"She says as she places her lips to my neck, "can I show you?" She says as she pushes me back on the bed straddling me. 

I close my eyes and take a breath letting her take control, I'm hoping this will keep my mind off of Luke and Aaliyah. Briana strips out of her clothes and begins to unbotton my pants. I close my eyes again and try my best to just focus on this. 

Okay guys I'm sure you weren't expecting a Keith P.O.V, but there are going to be alot of P.O.V changes between the main character so expect some Luke P.O.V's, Briana P.O.V's although you guys hate her lol she's important to the story. I hope you guys enjoyed sorry about it being so short, I'll be updating soon please remember to vote and comment ~Lisa