Chapter 3

"Hey, sweetheart." My mom walked into my new bedroom, sitting down a box labeled "Allison's Junk" on it.

As soon as my mom and dad came back from meeting the alpha, we immediately got to unpacking our boxes and bringing everything in from the car. The moving truck wouldn't be here until later on this evening, which sucked for me. I had left my phone charger in one of my boxes in there, now I'd be stuck doing nothing until the evening.

"I forgot to tell you that we're going to the alpha's pack house for dinner tomorrow night." My mom says.

"What? Do I have to go?" I whine. "Well yes duh! You need to meet the alpha." I sigh. "I'm not even a wolf so technically I'm not even part of this pack." I point out. She gave me her famous warning look that read; "don't start this again" so I said nothing more. I didn't want to argue with my mother about becoming a werewolf. I never shifted into my wolf when I turned 14, which is the age you're suppose to shift at.

4 years later and I still haven't changed. It was more than obvious I never would. Not shifting into your wolf is very rare but it exists. It just means that when you were born, you weren't born with enough werewolf blood so in other words, not enough werewolf in me. It can be kind of complicated but all in all, I'll never become a werewolf.

Plain old human here.

"Just dress in something nice, we won't even be there that long. We're just going for dinner." With that she walked out of my room, probably because she knows I'd still try talking about the subject me and my parents never talked about, me not becoming my wolf.

They've barely addressed it and honestly it just makes me feel like they're ashamed to have me as a daughter, someone who can't shift and probably will never.

~~~

We drove to the pack house despite the fact that it wasn't even a mile away from our new home. We arrived in front of the pack house. My eyes immedietely darted to the spot where I had gotten pushed up against by that crazy dude. I mean I'm still very shocked that that had even happened to me. Still, who does that?!

I followed my parents out the car. I was about to start walking forward when I can hear my mom say: "Crap, are you kidding me?!"

I turn around to see my mother holding onto her broken high heel and leaning against the car. "Told you not to wear freaking 10 inch heels." I murmur, crossing my arms over my chest. She glared at me before looking back to examine her broken shoe. "Let's go back and get you a new pair." I murmur about to open my car door. "NO! We're already late as it is. Your father and I will go back just go inside and meet the alpha and tell him why we had to go back." She says as she hopped back in the car.

"What?! NO!" I hiss. She gave me a warning look. I looked over at my dad, hoping he'd have a different opinion then my mothers. "Sorry." He shrugged before getting back in the car. I glared at the car as they hurried and drove away.

"Of course she'd decide to wear heels well walking in the middle of the woods in the damn dirt," I mutter under my breath before walking towards the pack and up the porch.

I rang the doorbell, patiently waiting a few moments. No one had answered so I rang again. "Veronica open the damn door already!" I can hear a deep voice yell from inside the house. "yes sir!" I women's voice said. Suddenly the door opened to a girl wearing something a maid would wear.

"Come on in, alpha Derek is waiting in the dining room." She said. I nodded and followed the way she pointed at. I walked into the beautiful dining room. The table in here was long, with plenty of seats for about maybe a dozen and a half people, or maybe just a dozen I'm not really good at estimating.

I looked at the end of the table, seeing a very familiar guy sitting at the end of it, on his phone. My eyes went wide and just when I was about to back out unnoticed, he looked up. As soon as he saw me he stood up in a rush.

"What are you doing here?!" I hissed at him, glaring holes into him. He was the exact same guy that had pushed me against the wall, the exact same guy that kept calling me "little one" which was very odd as you can imagine.

"I'm the alpha." he shrugged, walking very closer to me. "Is there something you want from me?" I asked as he got very freakishly close to my face. "What?" He asked slowly, narrowing his eyes. "Is there something you want from me." I shrug.

He looked confused until suddenly he muttered something under his breath. I couldn't exactly hear what he had said but it sounded along the lines of "just a human"

"You don't know what we are, do you?" He asked, putting his hands on the wall behind me. I hadn't even realized I had backed up that far. "What do you mean?"

"You an I, we're mates you know that right?" He asks, looking at me concerned.

I frowned, actually I froze. My heart probably stopped beating. I didn't exactly understand what he was talking about until now.

We're mates! Fucking mates! As in alpha is my mate! The alpha!

Omg! I just-what?! I mean no! No that cannot be true! I mean yeah I have some what of attraction to him but that's because he's just gorgeous in general! Any girl would have an attraction to him! But no! We are not mates! I can't have a mate I'm a human! I haven't shifted into my wolf and I never will!

SO I'm not even apart of this damn pack-until now!

Shit.

"No! What?!" I spat. He suddenly frowned, and his frown made me want to frown even more!

"Are you upset?" He asked in a low whisper. Before I can answer I can suddenly hear the front door ring and the maid answer it. My eyes went wide as I suddenly realized what was about to happen. My parents were about to find out that I'm the fucking mate of the fucking alpha!

Shit. Shit. Shit.

"Look, those are my parents and they cannot find out about this, at least not now! So please, I'm begging you, don't tell them." I whisper. He stared at me for a second before giving me an evil look.

"Fine, on one condition." He says, smirking. "What?!" I hiss. "You have to come over tonight." He says. "What for what?!"

He shrugs. I bite my lip. "Fine!" I spat. "Pinky promise." He says, holding up his finger. "What?!" I hiss at him, ready to smack the smirk off his gorgeous face. "Pinky promise." He waved his pinky in my face. "Why?! No!" I shake my head, trying to push him away. "They're coming." He says, nodding his head in the direction of the entrance of the dining room.

"Fine!" I grabbed his pinky in mine, feeling an electric spark run through my body. At the exact second him and I caught each other's eyes, and God then and there I knew he wasn't lying, we were mates.