Chapter 10

Ah life, really had its own way of biting you in the butt. Right when you think everything's going smoothly, things take a turn for the worse! Without a warning either!

Now Allison, why are you so fed up with life? You're life is great! Wrong. It is not.

And no I'm not being over-exaggerating! Nor am I being your average teenager! I just have real world problems, only thing is, my problems aren't exactly "real world" at all!

I'm a mate to an alpha, meaning a werewolf! And I'm trying to finish school and break the news to him that I couldn't be who he wanted me to be. Oh and let's not forget! Stupid Allison here doesn't have the guts to tell him it! Instead she goes brain dead whenever she's around him! It's like her hormones are telling her to jump on him and make out with his gorgeous face, and then her mind is telling her to speak! Tell him what you've been trying to tell him for the last month now!

Wow, it's already been a fucking month and I still haven't even bothered on telling Derek how I felt.

But that got me thinking even more, which is a bad thing! What if the reason I hadn't told Derek about how I really felt was because how I thought I felt isn't really how I feel?!

What if I actually like Derek! Like really like him! What if I enjoy being around him! Enjoy talking about things that are meaningless with him! Like how we always manage to catch up on drama together. He'll tell me all about the scandalous stuff that goes on in his pack, and I'll tell him about all the stupid fights that happen in my school, also the constant drama girls seem to drag in.

Girls are drama. No matter what stupid ass feminist say, girls do like being in a lot of drama! They're always head over heels for guys, they make stupid decisions based on their feelings! Now I'm not saying that's just girls, I'm sure guys do the same thing! My point is, why do girls have more drama then most guys?

Hence my point.

Now I shouldn't be hating on girls, I'm a girl myself! But all the drama I'm talking about right now is exactly what I've been doing! I'm making stupid decisions based on my feelings for Derek! I barely know the dude! All I know is that he's hot, an alpha, I'm his mate and his middle name is Kendra... yeah, I got a laugh out of that one when I found his drivers license.

God he really hated me that day!

Anyways so now let's get on with my day, I'll tell you exactly why I'm ranting so much!

It all started on a normal Saturday. I had "pinky promised" Derek that I'd go spend the day meeting his pack members and he actually wanted to show me some sort of combat training.

Wasn't that interesting to me but I always felt obligated to say yes to anything Derek wanted to do. I didn't know him that well and I never knew when he would get so pissed at me that he'd end up telling my parents about the whole "mate" thing! That scared the shit out of me and I just couldn't have that happen! At all!

So that day I woke up, ready to go do whatever it was that Derek was gonna make me do. But I had some sort of well- I don't know, thrive? I wanted to tell Derek. I wanted to get it over with and tell him my feelings. I felt optimistic that he'd be okay with it, and that even though I had plans after high school, we can always still maybe be together? I know, stupid right!

Now to mention the fact that me and Derek aren't even actually together!

So I got ready, and marched my ass over to his pack house. I was ready! I was going to do it and I had every intention to do so! But then I got there, walked straight into his office without knocking, which I usually did and he never ever seemed to get mad.

I walked into his office. Derek was there, sitting on the velvet sofa that sat in his office, legs crossed. He stared up, interested at the gorgeous girl that spoke to him. She was tall with light brown, naturally wavy hair. She looked like she had all the curves I didn't have, all the perfection I didn't have..

My heart sunk slightly and a sour feeling came to my stomach, I knew exactly what that feeling was, it was jealousy.

As soon as I walked in, both of them turned to look at me. As if her figure wasn't gorgeous, her face also was. She had green eyes, pink plum lips and she did her makeup like a pro.

"Uh-" I wasn't sure what to say. "Allison, I forgot you were coming." Derek said, standing up.

I couldn't tell if he had forgotten because he had another girl that was way prettier then me, to distract him, or because he was probably planning to do something with her and I don't know! Not want me to come! Or just forgotten that I was coming because he was too damn distracted!

Shit I hate jealousy!

"You told me to.." I point out, standing awkwardly by the door. "Yeah yeah, I want to introduce you to Kelly. She's my betas sister." He says, putting his hand on the hem of my back and leading me towards the intimidating girl. "Hi." I tried putting my best fake smile on. "I'm Allison." I shook her hand.

"Nice to meet you Allison! Derek has told me so much about his little mate!" I frowned, looking up at Derek with a glare.

"Little mate" what?!?  How am I little?!

And he isn't suppose to be telling anyone about us! Oh I'm gonna kill him!

Derek gave me a nervous look back. I just proceeded to act fake-ly towards the girl.

"Eh I didn't know he bragged about me so much.." I trailed off. "Well there must be something he sees that makes him want to brag." I immediately wanted to yank this girls hair out and slap her or something! Although I knew because she was a werewolf, she'd beat me in about a half a second.

"Ya- hey Derek can I talk to you for a second, privately." I gave Derek a look that said I was gonna leave if he didn't.

"Yeah sure. Give us a second." Derek then took my hand and walked me out to the kitchen.

"You told her about us?! And what the fuck is up with that snotty attitude of hers! I mean the girl practically insulted me intentionally!" I hissed as soon as we were out of the office.

"I'm sorry, she's a good friend I'm use to telling her a lot." He shrugged. "Sure, whatever. I'll just go so you guys can continue flirting." I walked past him adjusting my bag on my shoulder.

I hadn't even caught how jealous I sounded until I started walking away. "Wait, Allison." Derek caught my hand. I turned around, giving him an annoyed look.

"She's just a friend, and you- you're my mate." He whispers, looking down at me. Behind the slight smile on his face I can see how much he was enjoying my jealousy.

"I'm not jealous of her." I point out. "Yeah, sure you aren't." He shrugged with a sarcastic voice.

"I'm serious!! I'm not jealous!" I spat. "It's perfectly normal, Allison. If I saw you hanging out with any guy I'd probably end up killing him." I gulped at that, remembering Eric suddenly.

I found it slightly confusing that the first person to pop in my head was Eric.

"Still- I'm not jealous. We aren't even a couple." I murmur, looking away from his perfect face.

"No we aren't, but I think mates is more of a intimate word then 'a couple' is." He whispers. "What's that suppose to mean?" I ask, narrowing my eyes at him.

He suddenly roughly grabbed my waist, pulling me so close to him our lips were practically touching. "It means that you're mine, Allison."