Chapter 13

"So is there something you want to tell us?" My mom asked as I awkwardly sat down next to Derek. I wasn't sure what his plan was but why did I get the feeling he wasn't gonna let me go easily?

"Not really." I shake my head at my mother. "Well, alpha Derek gave us some news that you refused to tell us." I glanced at Derek. I was so utterly shocked that he would've done this, that he did do this!

"Okay? Your point is?" I tried my best to not show any emotion. Derek deserved to know that I didn't want anything to do with him. No matter how hard he'll try to stop me. "Allison, what is your problem?" My dad hisses, glaring at me.

"My problem is him! I don't care if I'm his fucking mate! It doesn't matter to me because I'll never love him." I stood up, adjusting my bag. "I'm gonna be late for school." I glared at Derek. He glanced at me with his eyes narrowed. I wondered what he was thinking.

But I tried not to care as I walked out of the house. "Allison! We aren't done talking!" I hear my mom yell out after me.

~~

Well, life totally and utterly sucks. Just my luck to have this happen. Why would Derek tell them? I mean I know he's mad but he can't just keep me here, can he? He sure as hell seems to have the power to do so. Which sucks. It feels like I'm stuck, trying to get out of whatever this is.

I hardly even know Derek?! Why is he being this way? He doesn't own me or anything! Ugh.

School seemed normal, I hardly paid attention, wondering what would be waiting for me back at home. I got to my last class, dreading the end of it. The bell rang signaling everyone to sit in their seats.

"Hey.." Eric took a seat next to me, giving me a weird look when he immediately noticed my bad attitude. "Sup." I nod at him. "Something wrong?" I had no idea how to explain to Eric everything, quite frankly I don't think I can. I mean how would he react when he found out that I'm his alpha's mate and that I'm his luna technically.

How would he react if he knew I was lying to him this whole damn time? It isn't fair to him but how would I tell him without him getting pissed at me?

It isn't even fair to me! Damn Derek, he's a damn jerk.

"Uh, nothing just some issues with my parents." well I wasn't technically lying. Derek had told my parents everything, getting back at me for some reason.  So my parents is the issue. I had a feeling they weren't about to let me not be with Derek. They weren't going to let me leave and move on with my life, not now that they know I'm actually literally a part of their pack.

It's actually kind of my pack now. Shit.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He asks in a low whisper as the teacher begun his lesson for the day. "Not really." I give him a reassuring smile. "Okay well, why don't we hang out tonight? The pack is having a fight night." He asks. "A fight night? What's that?" I arch my eyebrow confusingly. "Well, a bunch of pack members get together and bid on wolves fighting." He shrugs.

"Really fun especially when the guy you bid on wins." He shrugs. "Okay, yeah sounds fun." I mentally hoped that Derek wouldn't be there, though. He seems to want to just ruin my life lately! I mean I don't blame him for being mad and pissed off! But really?! Making someone stay with you because you want them to?

I don't know if this is what he thinks love is or whatever, but making someone stay with you or whatever is just plain wrong! Literally so wrong!

~~

I dreaded going home, for obvious reasons...

I knew my parents were probably waiting there, ready to scold me about everything with Derek, probably going to tell me there was no way in hell I wasn't going to be with Derek. I mean let's face it! My parents probably love Derek more than me! They praise him for God's sake!

For real, it's pathetic!

Of course, I wasn't surprised to go home and find them sitting patiently for me at the kitchen table. As soon as they saw me walk into the kitchen to grab a water bottle, they motioned me towards them. "We need to talk." My mother said sternly.

"Not much to talk about," I mutter, glaring at them. But as an "obedient" child, I did take a seat across from them on the table. "We aren't going to yell at you, we don't want to fight. But we do want to know why?" My dad says, looking at me curiously. "Why what?" I narrowed my eyes in confusion.

"Why don't you want to be with Derek? He's the alpha of this pack! He's a great guy and not to mention he's cute and seems just like your type?" My mom shook her head as if she didn't understand. "I know Derek is a good guy, I know he is- I just- I don't fit in with this pack. I don't care if I'm the 'luna' or whatever. It doesn't make me fit in! I want to be someone else, I don't want this. And I'm not going to let the fact that I'm his mate change anything."

I tried my hardest not to yell or anything. I wanted them to understand and there's no way in hell they'll understand if I'm yelling it at them.

They both looked extremely disappointed. My mom seemed more disappointed than my dad. I watched as she got up and walked away. I looked at my dad, confused, hurt. Why would they be disappointed in me for such a stupid thing?

He just shook his head and followed my mother.

I sighed, putting my head on the table. I probably would've stayed that way for awhile but my phone dinged, signaling I had a message. I looked at it, frowning. It was Derek, not asking but telling me to come to his office.

I surprisingly would rather be over there yelling at him than being in a house with my parents who seem extremely disappointed in me. As much as I wanted to be mad at them for being disappointed, I was more hurt.