Chapter 61

Don't forget to vote!!
~~

*tick tock* *tick tock* *tick tock*

I stared at the clock that hung behind Derek's desk. The sound of it ticking seemed louder than normal.

I glance at Derek who was on his laptop doing whatever. At this point, I'm not sure exactly what he does and I don't know if I want to find out.

I'm sure it's all very boring! Probably irrelevant to me as well.

I looked down at the book in my lap. It was one I had gotten from an actual library. Derek had gotten me a library card- stating that his books were not interesting and that I might like to expand my genre selection. He was right. I'd been reading up on werewolf and werewolf culture this entire year. I needed a break!

Now I was sitting here reading some mystery novel- though it didn't catch my attention much.

This week had been a lot to handle. From him proposing to me, to me finding out I'm pregnant.

I still hadn't broken the news to him. In fact, Felix and I are the only ones that know and he promised not to say a word until I was ready to tell Derek.

Though I can't tell when and if I'll ever be ready to tell Derek! I mean I could go months without telling him! I'll get fat and he'll have no idea why I'm getting extremely fat!

But that can't happen. I have to tell him sooner rather than later!

"Come here and distract me," Derek says, leaning back in his office chair and smiling at me.

I gladly stood up, placing my uninteresting book on the sofa and walking to him. As soon as I was in arms reach he grabbed me and pulled me onto his lap. His lips found mine almost immediately kissing me with hunger.

I held onto his neck as he kissed me passionately.

"Derek I have something to tell you-" I pull away. He narrowed his eyes with concern.

"What's wrong?" He asks while rubbing his hand up and down my leg.

The words seemed to be stuck in my throat suddenly. I stared at him, lost. What was I going to say? Why couldn't it come out?

"I need to go pee." With that, I stood up and bolted out the door before he could even question it.

I probably left him a bit stunned but I found myself running away until I got outside in the open air.

My breath had hitched and I was now leaning over my hands on my knees.

It took a moment but suddenly I was barfing. I wasn't sure if it was because I suddenly felt too anxious and nervous or because I had ran the first time in a long time or also because I'm pregnant!

"Allison! Hey- are you alright?" Felix was suddenly behind me patting my back as I breathed in the air after my barfing session.

I'm sure Derek had mind-linked him to check on me.

"I tried telling him but I couldn't. I freaked out and I just couldn't." I walked away from my barf spot towards more of the open woods.

"I can't do it! I just- I'm freaking out and I keep overthinking and I just wish my mom was here so I can tell her and she'd give me advice!" I could feel my eyes burning, threatening to spill tears but I tried holding them back.

I missed my mom. I never used to go to her for any type of advice but now- well now I would kill to have her here. I needed her in my life...

"I know... I wish I knew what to do to help you but I don't. I'm here though and I know it's going to be fine. You'll find a time where you're ready to tell Derek and until then take your time because you have it." He then embraced me. The hug lasted for a long time.

I allowed my tears to spill and somehow that was helping me feel better. I'm sure it was just the pregnancy but I could feel how exhausted and emotional I actually felt.

~~~

I wasn't sure about much. I knew I was pregnant and I knew I was also getting married. But my head felt as if it were in every direction.

I needed to breathe and somehow it felt like I was being smothered with a pillow.

"Hi, beautiful." I was sitting on the couch in the living room curled up in a warm blanket. The nights were getting colder which meant winter was almost here. I was eager for cold weather and winters nights.

Derek took a seat next to me kissing my forehead and pulling me into him. I laid my head on his chest. A sudden overwhelming feeling of exhaustion came over me. I felt as if I could sleep so easily.

"I was thinking I visit my dad," I announce.

I needed one of my parents - or more so the only one I had left. I wanted to tell my dad in person about the engagement and the baby. I just felt as if it were best I do it in person besides I needed to see him.

"Oh really? I mean I think that'd be great." He seemed to like the idea.

"I umm- I was actually thinking I go alone?" He narrowed his eyes looking a bit confused.

"Sooner rather than later." I also add. I wanted to tell my dad before I told Derek about the pregnancy.

"You don't want me to go?" I saw the fear in his eyes. I wasn't entirely sure why he looked fearful.

"No it's just I need time with my dad and I don't want to pull you away from here." He nods looking away from me as he thought.

"If you're trying to run or something-" he shook his head looking lost for words.

My eyebrows twisted in confusion when I realize what he meant. He was afraid I'd run and never come back. Of course in the past, we had this problem of me always wanting to leave him but now I knew what I wanted completely. I wasn't trying to fight it anymore. I wanted Derek wholeheartedly. I didn't want another life.

"Derek I love you. I'm marrying you I'm your mate, your Luna." I turned his head to face me. I stroked his cheek with my thumb before leaning in and softly kissing his lips. Before I could pull away he placed a hand on my back and pushed me closer to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and with a swift movement he lifted me to sit on his lap and we were suddenly tangled in each other's grasp.

Our lips moved in sync with each other. I could feel my heart speed up in my chest. I could feel my hormones growing as well.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't want him right now.

I basically whimpered when he pulled away. He chuckled at me and I realized he was pulling away because I somehow forgot to breathe in the process and was completely out of breath.

I could feel my face heat up and turn red.

"Fine. You'll take Felix with you though, okay?" He moved my hair out of my face softly stroking it.

I nodded looking down as I fiddled with my fingers.

"Can we go upstairs now?" A small smile spread of his face and he nodded before basically lifting me with him.

I don't think I'd ever get used to his werewolf strength. He was way too strong for me!