Chapter 22

Don't forget to Vote guys! Thanks for the reads! 

~~~~

I was a little nervous to sit in on Derek's meeting. He did say it was just a simple meeting between him and his main guards that would usually guard the whole territory. 

So I shouldn't be this nervous about this meeting. But I think apart me was nervous because I can't even really wrap my head around this lifestyle now. I just- I don't feel like myself. I feel like I've given up such a huge part of who I am to become this. It isn't easy.

Then again when has my life ever been easy? The last pack my parents were in was a little easier to live with though. And also this pack isn't just my parent's pack, it's actually mine now.

I just feel like I'm changing myself just to be this. But this was my deal with Derek, a deal that would probably never end. 

I walked beside Derek to the "meeting room" or whatever. I didn't even know the room existed in the house, but I guess I should've figured. Also I never really bothered exploring his pack house. Guess now that it was my house, I probably should eventually.

Derek held the door open for me, allowing me to walk in first. Upon walking in, there was a long table with about 20 seats surrounding it. There was already a few men in here. They all looked very big and intimidating, I suddenly got uncomfortable. It was just weird, me a human, being a luna of a pack of werewolves. It just felt like it should never work or be a thing.

But it is, and I guess I'll find out if it ever does work.

I walked behind Derek towards the two seats at the end of the table, taking a seat next to him. 

My hands felt clammy suddenly, and I felt slightly on edge. It wasn't easy sitting here with a bunch of wolves that were big and buff.

When we sat down, Derek leaned back and looked at them, his stare completely intimidating and although I didn't expect the group of men to be intimidated by this, they looked like they were. "Okay. Why am I here?" Derek asks after a long pause of complete silence.

The men looked at each other before one of them finally spoke up. "Sir, alpha, umm we think we need more guards to help guard the territory. We go out for miles and we've had 4 rouge attacks just this last week." The man says. He looked very tan like he was constantly in the sun. He was very buff at the shoulders, and he looked to be around maybe 35 to 40.

"How many people do we have guarding the territory on a daily bases?" Derek asks, arching his eyebrow. "About 40 sir." One of the men speaks. "It sounds like a lot of people sir, but my men can only cover so much territory." The guy that had spoken first said. I assumed he was probably in charge of all of the men that would guard the territory. 

"Correction, they're my men. I also don't appreciate your lack of confidence in them." Derek says, leaning forward, putting his elbows on the table, staring at the man with a deathly glare. 

As for me, I slight giggle escaped my lips, I turn to the side, trying to contain my laughter. 

He had called them "his men" and I don't know but it just sounded odd and funny.

After I managed to stop silently laughing, I turn my head back towards them, only to realize they had all fell silent and were all staring at me.

"Excuse my mate." Derek murmurs, and I was slightly afraid that he'd be super mad at me when we left the meeting.

Now I was mentally praying the meeting would go on longer than needed.

"Okay so how many more men do you want out there?" Derek asks, changing the subject, thank God.