Chapter 41

Hi guys! Enjoy this chapter! And don't forget to vote! (Ps this chapter isn't fully edited so sorry for any grammar/spelling errors!)

~~~
I didn't expect that where the ceremony was being held at, would be so big.

Inside crystal chandeliers glistened from above, underneath people talked, danced, and ate appetizers and drank champagne that was served on silver platters.

It was actually very breathtaking. If I didn't know what this event was for, I'd assume it was for some type of royal wedding.

It felt like there were endless amounts of people here.

I literally was greeting an endless line of people, or pack members.

Everyone seemed to be super nice though. I guess I didn't expect that everyone would be so nice to me.

As soon as Derek and I walked in, we were immediately greeted by different pack members that somewhere along the way, I had lost him.

I attempted to search around for him well talking to some of the pack members.

"Will you excuse me?" I ask the lady that was talking to me about how great the pack was, as if I didn't know.

Everyone had been so nice to me thus far! On top of that I've never heard of any problems the pack had given, so it leads me to believe that Derek's pack is actually really good! In my old pack you'd always hear of pack members fighting or wanting to go rogue. I've yet to hear anything like that here.

"Of course! I'm sure you have plenty of people to talk to." The lady smiled and patted my shoulder before walking off.

I seriously thought she'd never stop talking! Don't get me wrong, I enjoy talking to pack members but sometimes you just need a break!

I searched around for Derek for awhile, getting stopped often by different members, but I finally found him by the bar getting a drink.

"Hey." I smiled upon seeing him. "Hi, how's it going?" He asks, turning towards me. "Umm.. there's a lot of people here." He laughs, nodding slowly as he looked around us. "Tell me about it. It's hard to believe that I lead them." He murmurs. "No idea how you do it- but whatever you're doing, your doing it right." He gave me a look that read he didn't expect me to say something so nice at the moment, but then quickly replaced the look with a warm smile.

"Anyways, I wanted to apologize about our conversation earlier." I murmur, feeling uncomfortable just bringing it up.

But it had been on my mind for the majority of the night.

I felt bad about it. I know Derek doesn't deserve to be treated like a bad guy because he seriously isn't. I feel like he deserves an honest apology.

"I know eventually I have to stop telling myself that this is wrong, because it isn't wrong. That trusting you isn't wrong." I look down at my hands, taking in a deep breathe.

"I trust you Derek, I always have. It was just that moment when I found out everything that I felt like I couldn't. But I forgive you for everything- and I hope you'll forgive me too." I watched him intently, hope probably in my eyes, waiting for his response.

"You don't have to apologize Allison, most if not all of this was my fault, and I'm sorry for that. At this point I think we just need to start fresh and forget about everything."

I totally agreed with that. I wanted to forget about everything with Kelly and him, all the lies, everything! Because for the first time since I've met Derek, I wanted to be with him without feeling like I couldn't because it'd be betraying myself, or because it'd mean that I was accepting everything. I wanted to accept him as a mate, I wanted to be okay with us being together.

"Okay, lets start over." I put my hand out for him to shake. He narrows his eyes. "I didn't mean like from the beginning." He chuckles slightly.

"Just shake it." I demand. He sighs before grabbing my hand.

"I'm Allison, you're very stubborn mate that will for sure get on your nerves." I smirk.

"Derek, your mate that'll forever be possessive of you, because I don't share what's mine. And there will be days where you hate me, days you'll want to slap me, but there will also be days where I'll be sure to make you feel like the only girl in the world because you're the only girl in my world." I couldn't help but blush. "That sounded very cheesy and cliche and I'm sorry about that." He laughs, suddenly looking nervous.

"No it doesn't, it was nice." He nods, eyeing me, looking like he didn't believe me. But it was the truth.

"Derek!" Before we can speak any further, or do anything else, we were interrupted by an older lady that was tapping on Derek's shoulder. She had a warm welcoming smile on her face.

Derek turns around, dropping my hand from his.

"Veronica!" He took the older lady in an immediate hug.

"I thought you were going to be out of town?" He asks. "You know David, he doesn't follow through with anything. Guess it's what I get for accepting him as a mate. I swear the moon goddess paired me up with the wrong man." She jokingly says.

"Now who is this young lady?" She asks before Derek can respond, looking around him at me.

"Oh I'm Al-" before I can finish introducing myself, she speaks over me.

"Allison, our new Luna." She smiles happily at me. I smile back, nodding.

"I'm Veronica, Derek's aunt." She says, putting her hand out for my to shake.

"Nice to meet you." I say, slightly nervously well shaking her hand.

It was the first time I was meeting someone from Derek's family. I didn't even know he had family left!

But then again he barely spoke of himself.

"I'm sure you're enjoying yourself tonight, after all this whole event is for you!" I nod. "I know, it's amazing! It's crazy to believe I get the privilege of being the Luna to this pack." I say, glancing around us.

"Well it took you awhile to accept it, but I'm glad Derek got you there." I frown at her sudden comment, unsure how to even respond.

"I see you guys haven't started the mating process either. You should get on it as soon as possible! You don't want another wolf trying at your mate, do you Derek?" She asks, looking at Derek.

I immediately looked at him, wondering what his response would be to his aunts rude comments. How is any of this her business?!

"We're doing everything at our own pace, Tia." I could tell Derek was already annoyed by her by the way he clenched his jaw. He usually did that when he was annoyed with me..

"Where's Kelly? I haven't seen her in quite awhile! I miss that girl." She asks, looking around.

I was taken back at that point.

I wasn't even sure if I should retort or just walk away. But upon deciding that saying anything back would just start something, I decided to walk away.

I quickly picked up my dress so that I can walk away faster, and turned and left my spot.

I pushed my way out of the building into the cold night air.

I guess I really just needed a breathe in general. It was not only crowded in there, but everything that just happened, I really needed to leave.

"Allison?" I turn around, surprised to see Eric before me. He was all dressed up for the night. I guess I should've assumed he'd be coming, he was apart of the pack.

I give him a huge smile, it felt good to see a familiar face, not only that but someone who I hadn't seen in awhile and missed a lot.