Chapter 4

"Mom! I need to go out real quick!" I say, running downstairs. "Now? It's 11." She points out.

I looked over at the clock and she was right, it was 11. But that stupid alpha had made me "pinky promise" him that I'd go over there tonight. And he hadn't told me why he wanted me to come either, nor did he really give me a warning to what he'd do if I didn't.

I mean yeah, he can tell my parent's that we're mates but if he wants his "mate" to be a good mate, he won't do that.

So in a sense, I really don't have any reason to go see him. A small smirk appeared on my face, my mom gave me a weird look. "I was just craving a soda, but I'll wait until tomorrow. I'm actually quite tired now." I say, giving her a smile.

I honestly wanted to dance and fly with unicorns over rainbows, I was so happy that I had somehow found a way out of going over there tonight.

"I'm pretty sure we have soda's in the fridge, but if you're tired you should go to bed." My mom nods. "Okay, night! Tell dad I said night too!" With that, I skipped back upstairs into my room where I begin to continue unpacking my clothes and shit.

~~

I woke up with the sun very bright, shining in my eyes. That would've upset me but for some reason, I felt a little overly happy today. I had planned to go out to get a coffee today and explore the town. It sounded like a plan.

I had done a lot of unpacking and had a lot more to do, but I really needed a break. My arms and hands were sore from packing and unpacking over the course of the week.  I just really felt like I needed to get out of here. I got up and did my makeup, changed into some skinny jeans and a nice hoodie and then went downstairs.

I was halfway down the stairs when I heard some alarming voices in the kitchen. "It's so nice of you to stop by today, alpha Derek." I can hear my dad say suddenly. "Eh, no problem! I just wanted to see how my new pack members are holding up." Derek says although he had a weird tone in his voice. I can already tell he knew I was near him. He was probably mad, pissed actually that I hadn't come over last night when I had "pinky promised" him that I would.

Which still felt very stupid to me. But now I somewhat regretted it, because he was here, and he might do the opposite of what I want him to do. 

I sighed and finished walking down the stairs. I arrived in the kitchen, eyebrows arched when I saw my mom and dad on the kitchen table, enjoying a cup of coffee with their new alpha.

"Uh, morning-" I murmur, pouring myself a cup of coffee. I had a feeling I wasn't about to go out and "explore" the town today.

"Morning! Say hi to alpha Derek! He came to visit!" My mom says, giving me a look the was just a warning not to be rude. "Hey." I glared at Derek as I pretended to sound polite. "Morning." He smirked back.

"So I actually also came here to tell you guys something." Derek suddenly announced as I realized what he was about to say. I sat down my coffee, looking at him from the kitchen counter, giving him a look that practically said I'd go down on my knees and beg for him not to tell my parents that we're mates. 

He looked at me with eyes slightly narrowed. He gave out a small sigh. "I'm having a bunch of our teen pack members train this morning and I'd think it would be good for Allison to come." He says. "But Allison isn't a wolf." My dad said.

That hurt. I frowned, looking down at my coffee. He said it in a disappointing way. I knew he was disappointed that I wasn't a wolf. "Doesn't matter. I think it's good for her to have some sort of combat training. She may not be a wolf but she is a part of this pack." I looked up at Derek, slightly flattered my his words.

I bit my lip.

"Sounds like a good idea." I murmur out, unwillingly. I was so flattered by his words that I probably would've agreed to anything he wanted me to do. "Yeah, it does." My mom says. 

"Great! If we want to make it, we should probably go now, though." He says. "You look dress sweetheart, you should leave now." My mom says. I sighed and nodded, mentally cursing myself for agreeing. I'm so stupid. 

"Okay."  with that I gathered my bag and phone and followed Derek out the door. As soon as we walked far enough away from the house, Derek turned to me, no longer having his polite fake smile on. "You didn't come." He says.

I knew exactly what he was talking about. "My mom wouldn't let me leave the house," I mutter, shrugging. "Bullshit." He saw right through me, also I was a pretty bad liar so that probably didn't help.

"I'm sorry." I shrug.

"It's fine, come on." He grabbed my hand in his, starting to drag me away with him. He walked too fast I felt like I was practically gliding on the dirt. 

"SO I'm guessing the whole combat training was fake, right?" I ask him. "Yup." I nodded, figuring so.

"Where are we going, and can you please slow down?!" I beg. He stops, turning towards me. "I'm already walking as slow as I can for you." He points out. I frown.

That was slow?! In what fucking world?!

He sighed. "Fine." "Gre- woah! What are you doing!" I yell as he suddenly swooped me up in his arms, bridal style. "You walk too slow for me." He mutters as he begins walking faster than before. I sighed, deciding there was no point in arguing with him, he was too persistent.

"Thank for not telling my parents." I murmur. "I don't understand why you won't tell them, they'd be happy." He points out. I knew he was right. "Yeah because they aren't happy with me now." 

"They should be happy. I mean they have a gorgeous, and I'm guessing, stubborn daughter." He says. "Thanks," I say sarcastically. 

"Is that not true?" He asked I looked at him, not answering because it probably was. "Can you please let me down now?!" I ask, changing the subject.

"Do you really want me to put you down?" he asks, smirking. I was unsure of how to answer because I was a terrible liar and his arms felt good to be in. I mean really good. They were all muscular and he's so hot as is! Ugh.

I don't answer, looking anywhere but at him.