Chapter 9

I was in the middle of getting up and eating ready for my day. I had had a great night last night. Hanging out with Eric and a bunch of his friends was just amazing and honestly, I had needed to get away from reality for awhile.

But in the middle of combing through my hair, happily, I realized something. Not only did I manage to get away from my reality, but I had managed to cancel Derek's and I's date! Meaning I had stood him up!

Ugh! I'm such an idiot.

Derek's gonna be pissed at me! Actually scratch pissed! He's gonna be furious and I'm gonna have to deal with that! How am I going to explain to him that I stood him up for a bonfire with another guy! Although Derek and I aren't together and probably will never be, he'll still get really mad at me if he found that all out!!

And I had also stood him up, and I felt very bad for that. He didn't deserve to get stood up, it's just that- well last night was just not my night. I had so much on my mind and then getting distracted from what I really wanted to do, which was just tell Derek the truth, it just was all very overwhelming. So in my opinion, it wasn't my fault.

I finished getting dressed, deciding I'd head over to the pack house before Derek came here. I don't know what he'd do, maybe tell my parents what I didn't want them to know? Derek had ammo against me.

I got out the door, kind of happy my parents were gone for the day. It was "date day" as they called it. They spent the whole day together, doing things they both liked to do, one of those things was strangely bowling. Which I don't personally like to do.

Outside was cold, it had snowed slightly over night so there was a small frost on the trees and ground.

I got to the pack house in no time, though, determined to get all of this over with. I didn't bother on knocking on the door, I stopped doing that when I was being forced to visit Derek every night for like 2 weeks. But after I started school it died down, he knew I had homework and other priorities so he didn't always make me come over. 

I knocked on his office door. "Come in!" He yelled faintly.

I couldn't tell if he was mad or anything. His voice didn't give off a lot. I hesitated but walked inside his office. "Hey..." I say nervously. I bit my lip, waiting to see his pissed face. "Hey, what are you doing here?" He asked, looking slightly confused.

I was confused myself, he didn't sound mad. "I just wanted to talk with you." I shrug, taking a seat in front of his desk. "Yeah, I was gonna come over later. I wanted to apologize for not being here last night. There was an emergency with a pack a few towns over and I needed to leave." He murmurs.

I couldn't help but smile. Maybe life wasn't going as bad as I thought it was? "Yeah, I came and you weren't here- for like our date." I honestly was so fucking happy!

I couldn't thank God enough. Derek was gone last night because of some emergency, meaning that I was off the hook! He didn't know that I had intentionally stood him up, and he'd never find out because in a way he also stood me up!

How awesome is that?!

"I'm so sorry, Allison. I'll make it up to you, I swear." He says, sounding guilty. "No, it's fine! I actually ended up going to some bonfire with a bunch of pack members so my night was good." It was actually great!

"That's good." He smiled. 

I bit my lip, looking away. I realized what else I wanted to do today. I needed to talk to Derek about everything. But today just didn't feel like a good day to do so. I mean yeah I had a great opening now to just bring it up. Derek felt guilty for standing me up, so talking to him, he probably wouldn't be as mad. Well probably just more hurt.

But once again I couldn't find it in me to open my mouth and speak. Instead, I opened my mouth and said: "Okay well I have to go! Bye!" And with that I hurried out the door, not bothering on waiting for his response. 

Why is it that I can't actually talk to Derek about anything serious?! Is it because- well because I was his mate?

God, and here I thought life was getting easier for me! As if!

~~

School. Most kids would feel so dreadful to go back to school on a Monday after a weekend, but surprisingly being anywhere but the pack territory, sounded fantastic. I was excited to get to school. I got up and got dressed, went all out on my makeup and drove myself to school in my mom's car since she didn't have work today.

I was excited to hang with a couple of friends and even see Eric. I hadn't talked to him since the bonfire.

Things with him were great, though! He's such a nice guy! Not only is he super popular at school and in the pack, but he's nice and not arrogant, which I thought he was gonna be once I first saw him. He dressed and looked like some arrogant guy but he actually seems to have a heart. Just goes to tell you that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. Sounds cliche but so fucking true!

"Hey boo!" I was sitting at lunch when Eric approached me with a couple friends that I recognized from a few of my classes. "Uh hey?" He and the 3 other people with him sat down. "Allison, this is Amy, Natasha, and Danny," Eric says, introducing me to everyone that had sat down on my table with him.

"Hey." They all waved. All seeming super polite but that made sense, Eric was only friends with super nice people. I wondered if that made me nice, was I nice? Well, I wasn't rude or mean to anyone so obvious!! 

"Hey, I saw you the other day at that bonfire." The girl I believed the name was "Natasha" said, spotting her seat closer to me. "UH yeah, I remember how drunk you were.." I trailed off, trying not to laugh. "It's cause Natasha can't hold her liquor." Eric points out.

"Hey! I try!"  Natasha protested making everyone laugh.

"If it makes you feel any better, I can't hold mine either." Hence the reason I try not to drink.