Chapter 48

Don't forget to Vote and Follow me!! (ps we are almost to chapter 50! How crazy is that?!)

~

Derek remained pretty silent as we walked back home after dinner with my parents. I knew it would all go bad, that my mother would figure out a way to make things worse! Now here we were- and I'm pretty sure Derek is thinking about everything she said!

I'm sure now he believes her when she basically spelled out in front of him that I'm a horrible disrespectful mate! Now I just wanted him to say anything!

I hated when he was silent, it meant I had really probably fucked up!

The sun had already gone down and it was almost 9. I felt exhausted from the night I had. Not to mention that this morning Derek had made me feel super awkward with our little make-out session in his office. I made a mental note never to kiss him in there again though I doubted I'd follow that.

"Can I ask you a question?" I ask suddenly. I would make up just about any question just to have him speak to me again! I wasn't sure if he willing wasn't speaking or if he just had nothing to say.

"Uh yeah-" I seemed to have broken him out of his thoughts. The way he had responded to me talking basically told me he had forgotten all about my presence.

"Well- it's not so much of a question, more like a favor." I point out. He nods, motioning me to go ahead and ask it.

"Can I see your wolf?" I ask.

He stopped, turning towards me with narrowed eyes."What?"

"Well, I've never seen your shift before. I'm curious." I had always imagined that his wolf was big and black- his eyes wide and his fur soft.

"If you really want to." He starts walking another way, away from the house and more towards the trees.

I hesitantly follow him. The woods were dark and quite scary- yet I felt safe with Derek here with me.

After a few feet, he stopped in the middle of a small clearing. "I uh- don't want to rip my clothes." He says, taking off his hoodie and handing it to me. With that, he walked away behind a thick tree to shift.

I patiently waited, holding onto his hood. I had always wondered what it felt like to shift. I heard the first few times were painful. But after your bones adjust to shifting, it gets easier.

I remember back at my old pack I was with my best friend when she first shifted. Her father had chained her into the basement and left her to shift. I had snuck in to watch and keep her company. She was very scared and I never understood why her parents weren't there to help her and comfort her through the process.

When she began to shift, she screamed in agonizing pain, she seemed to even forget about my presence all together as her bones broke from under her. She would scream about how much it burned and hurt. I got so scared I ran away back to my house where I had nightmares all night.

Back then I figured my time was coming, that I would shift eventually, but it never happened. I was relieved then that it hadn't happened to me yet, now it just feels like well, sad.

If I could have it another way I would choose to be a wolf. I know being with Derek would be so much easier, I would willingly accept my life as is. I would accept Derek and I'd be Luna without a question.

I stared down at my feet, still lost in my own thoughts when I heard the sound of leaves crunching. I look up, taking a step back when I saw Derek in wolf form.

His wolf was a dark chocolate color, his eyes black and hidden. He was quite big and his muscles seemed to pop out. He was what I always imagined what a strong alpha would look like in wolf form, big and intimidating.