Chapter 6

Today was my first day back at school. I was utterly nervous, I never did well at new schools, like at all! Like the time I went to a new school, I sat alone at lunch for about 3 months into the school year! Which is really bad!

But Derek had somehow calmed my nerves, he said that this town was pretty small and half the school was the teens from his pack, so I didn't have much to worry about. Although for some reason my brain kept telling me to panic!

I had woken up and changed into the best "casual" outfit I had. Which included my favorite light jeans, some short high heel boots, and my Metallica t-shirt.

I didn't think it was really casual, actually it kind of seemed slightly, perfect for school. I wasn't going in anything uncomfortable. 

My parents had offered to drop me off this morning, but luckily Derek had also offered. I'd rather have Derek drop me off than have my parents. It felt slightly less embarrassing. 

I made up an excuse that a bunch of teens from the pack carpooled together, and I'd be going with them. They seemed to buy the lie. I left around 7:40 to the pack house. Derek was waiting for me. "Nervous?" He asked as I walked with him towards his car.

"Super," I mutter, shaking my head.

"Don't be. When I went to this school, I loved it! I made friends almsot immedietely." He shrugged. "Yeah but that was 7 years ago! And everyone loved you because you were the future alpha of their pack!" I point out. He nodded, probably figuring out that I was utterly right.

~~

We got to school in no time. I mentally cursed Derek for being such a fast driver too. A part of me kept wanting to try and seduce him into not making me get out of the car and go. I know Derek is somewhat attracted to me, so it shouldn't be hard to seduce him, right?

"Do I have to get out?" I ask in a whining tone. "Yes, you do." He nods, smirking at me. "But I want to spend the day with you." I gave him my best seductive smile, although he didn't seem to buy it.

"I know you, and I know although you're head over heels in love with me, you don't show it. SO get out." I frown. "Fuck you." With that I grabbed my backpack and hopped out of the car. I watched him drive away. I shook my head and turned around to my personal hell. Lately, my whole life seemed to be hell.

I walked into the front office, waiting in the long line of students. I wasn't going to get my schedule anytime soon. I sighed and took a seat on one of the chairs, figuring I'd just wait until the line died down. I had no problem being late for my first class. "Bunch of students got into a huge fight this morning in the parking lot."  

A random guy said, taking a seat next to me. He had brown hair and hazel eyes. He wore glasses, and he was dressed in a maroon beanie and some jeans. He was actually pretty cute. The glasses didn't make him look nerdy at all, actually, they probably made him look more attractive.

"Is that why there are so many students in here?" I ask. He nods. "Yup. Usually, they have the alpha deal with his pack members that get in trouble, but he called and said he was busy today." He shrugged. 

"You're a part of Derek's pack?" I ask, arching my eyebrow at him. I found it kind of odd that he just randomly brought up the pack, weren't they suppose to keep it on a down low in public spaces like school?

"Yeah. I actually saw him drop you off, are you guys related or something?" He asked, narrowing his eyes at me. "Yeah, something like that." Actually, he was pretty far off.

But I didn't want to tell him what I was to Derek. In all honesty, I don't know how everyone would react around me if they found out who I really was, which was the fucking luna of their asses. 

I still hated the word and I didn't even like referring myself as "their luna"

Because I wasn't, even if I technically was. 

"Cool cool." He nods. "I'm Eric." He says, putting his hand out for me to shake. "Allison." I shook it, giving him a smile. "You know this may seem straight forward, but this line probably won't die down with fucking Veronica attending it. The slowest person I've ever met. So do you want to like ditch with me?" He asked.

I was really surprised. Ditching on my first day sounded splendid! And God it would really be awesome not to have to face the school as the "new kid"

"Hell yeah." I nod eagerly. "Really?" He asked, surprised by my response. "Yeah, really." He grins, standing up. "Lets go then." I smile, standing up and following him out of the office. Well that wasn't hard to make a friend. Not to mention a pretty good looking one too *wink wink*

~~~

School was finally over and I hadn't attended one of my classes. Actually I had a great time with Eric and his friends. First we sat under my bleachers, drinking. Although I only drank one beer because I didn't want to get drunk off my ass.

After that, we went for frozen yogurt and chilled, walked around town a little. Just really waited for time to pass.

I got back at school just in time for Derek to pick me up. "How was the first day?" He asked as soon as I got in the car. "Great! Really fun!" Well, I wasn't technically lying, it was really fun. I had a lot of fun with Eric and his friends! Sue me! "Oh really, what did you learn?" He asked as we drove out of the parking lot of the school. "Just you know, school stuff." I shrugged, I can barely think of anything to say!

I could've just said history or science, or some really hard math homework I couldn't quite figure out!

"Mmm interesting because I did get a call from the school that a few of my pack members ditched, and your name happened to be on the list." My eyes went wide.

"What?! How- wait aren't they suppose to call my parents?!" I hiss. He shrugs. "Well yeah but I changed it." He mutters.

"Okay well, so what I ditched? It's none of your business." I stood my ground. I wasn't about to let Derek get mad at me for ditching, he hardly was anyone to me. He isn't my alpha and I refuse to call him my mate! So was he a friend? Was he a boyfriend? Well no, not a boyfriend. Can't be! Not when he hasn't even asked me- although technically he did ask me on a date and I stupidly said yes!

Shit! Was Derek about to become my boyfriend! I can't let that happen because then I'd be accepting that I'm his mate and I'll have to do the whole luna thing where everyone pretends like I'm a very important part of the pack when in reality the word "luna" meant nothing.

I didn't want to be that, I will not be that! At all. And it's not like I have any feelings for Derek but apart of me is attracted to him, so although a part of me really wants to act on that, I can't. I won't.

I couldn't give Derek the wrong idea, that would just be mean, but nor can I just straight up tell him that this wasn't going to be anything because I didn't want to be his mate. I didn't sign up for this!

"Well, it kind of is my business. You're my mate and I want you to have the right education." I cringed at the word "mate" 

I didn't like it because then it brought up more shit that I didn't want to talk about.

"If I'm your mate and my future is to be your 'luna' or whatever, why am I going to school? We're just wasting time here!" I point out. 

Okay so maybe I used the word "luna" and "mates" to my own advantage but honestly, dropping out of school sounded fantastic! It made everything feel a billion times better in my mind!

I felt more than willing to drop out.

"Well if you told your parents we were mates, you can drop out of school. But you won't so you're stuck with going." He tried to hide the smirk that was playing on his face, but I noticed it almost immediately. Jerk.

I sighed, leaning back on my seat. 

I knew I wasn't about to drop out of school, I knew it would just ruin everything if I had. But I knew what I had to do, though. I needed to talk to Derek about this whole "mate" thing, tell him the truth which was that- well in a way, I was rejecting him.