Chapter 58

This chapter was a fun one to write! Don't forget to VOTE and FOLLOW me!!!
Enjoy~~

4 months later~~~

"So how was your experience in your last pack?" I asked the couple in front of me. I leaned back in my office chair, biting the top of my pen as I stared at them. Felix shifted uncomfortably next to me

"No... it looks horrible you look like an idiot." Felix had said after I showed him how I'd look intimidating to the werewolves I'd interview. I had leaned back and bit my pencil starring very intensely at him. He shook his head at me and continued to go on about how it just didn't seem genuine.

I said that Derek did basically the same thing and managed to look intimidating while he was at it!

Despite his protest about doing it at all, here I was doing it.

He cleared his throat next to me, I gave him a side glare before looking back at the people in front of me.

"It was uh very different... our alpha was something else." The man in front of me shook his head. He seemed to be 30 or so. He looked uncomfortable talking about it but these were questions Derek had instructed me to ask!

He'd been so nervous about allowing me to conduct these interviews that he insisted Felix was there with me and that he wrote all my questions.

"Different how?" I ask, writing down on my notebook. Also another way of being intimidating. I wasn't really writing down anything important but I did want it to seem as if I was evaluating them.

"Our alpha was a pig basically. He didn't know how to run the pack. He rejected his mate and managed to sleep with any un-mated she-wolf." The girl rolled her eyes in disgust.

The guy nudged her as if to tell her something without actually saying it. I eyed them suspiciously. Something felt off about them.

"Alrighty, I think I've asked all I can," I say after I've asked a few more questions.

"Thank you for coming. Felix show them out?" I ask. he nods before assisting them out of my office.

The door closed behind them and soon I was left stunned.

They definitely didn't feel like they fit in- though what would that even consist of? What was considered enough for them to fit in?

I mean they were a bit weird but they're rouges, probably nervous about getting in or not!

"Hey. How'd it go?" I look up from my notebook. It was basically useless to look at it. I hadn't really written down anything important or useful.

Derek walked in, shutting the door behind him.

"Great!" I open my desk drawer stuffing the notebook inside. If he saw my notes he'd definitely stop allowing me to take these interviews.

"So.... did you like them?" He walked around grabbing my hand and pulling me up out of my chair. He was quick to put his hands on my waist and pull me close to his chest. I sucked in a breathe trying my hardest to resist him.

"Liked them? Not really." I shook my head feeling a wave of disappointment radiate off of Derek.

He probably thought I was too picky or I didn't even know what I was looking for!

"Oh okay... well it was the first people you interviewed. Plenty more for you to interview and get to know." I bite my lip nodding.

Maybe interviewing these people was a bit too personal for me. The fact was that whoever I accepted would be moving into my parent's old home. The house was empty and we could bring in some new members, why wouldn't we? But it was hard looking at two people and seeing them and knowing they'll be living in my parent's house. Sure my parents had only lived there for a year but a lot could happen in a year... and a lot did.