Chapter 35

Guys I've been lazy, I'll admit it!

I watched The Avengers 5 times now, and have done nothing this past week. So my goal is to get at least 3 chapters publish before Thursday because I have plans for this next upcoming week, and probably won't be able to update next week. So yeah, sorry for the long wait, I apologize it really is my fault! I have no excuses!

Enjoy!
~~

"I like this couch." I murmur to Derek, handing him the furniture magazine I had picked up from that mediocre furniture store we had in town.

He shakes his head, handing back the magazine. "What's wrong with it?!" I chuckle. "It's green. That doesn't go with the room." He points out.

"Well, we're changing the whole room so it doesn't matter if it doesn't go with the room right now." He sighs. "Please choose another one. That color of green is hideous."

"Fine." With that, I went back to browsing the catalog.

Everything with Derek and I seemed to be letting up. Almost like we were mainly just getting past everything. I honestly was fine with it, I definitely didn't want to keep thinking about everything with Kelly and him. The thought still honestly hurt me.

But slowly I was getting over it. Before I couldn't even look at Derek, let alone be around him. Now here I was willingly hanging out with him in his office. Although my excuse was that we needed to start picking out his new furniture ASAP, but quite frankly it was definitely because I missed him.

Although I wasn't about to let in that easily and just forgive him. Something like that isn't really forgivable, especially this easily!

"Allison, just choose whatever you want. If you want the green couch we can go with it." Derek suddenly says. I look up, narrowing my eyes. "Why the change of heart?" I ask suspiciously. Was he using reverse psychology?

"I just want to make everything better between us, I'm the reason we're doing this, so you do whatever you want." He gives me a sad smile before looking back down at his work.

I stare at him for a second, slightly shocked. Maybe he was really trying to fix this? I mean I felt like I was.

"I don't really like the green anyways." I murmured, closing the catalog before sitting it on the desk.

I stand up, walking around the desk to him. He looks up slightly confused.

I hesitantly take a seat on his lap, wrapping my arms around his neck and hugging him.

It felt so good to hug him. I couldn't even explain the feeling if I wanted to.

He wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tight against his muscular chest. His arms were warm and tight around me, yet I felt like I wanted to be closer to him, for his arms to be tighter around me, never letting go.

I take in his scent, letting the feeling of relaxation wash over me. Something about being this close to him literally made me forget everything, everything that happened, everything that was wrong, and just sit here at the moment and love every freaking second of it.

It felt just like before. Whenever we were alone together we forgot about the outside world, forgot about all our problems and just were in the moment, together.

"Why do our lives have to be so complicated?" I ask in a low whisper, leaning away from the hug and putting my head on his chest.

He had one of his arms wrapped around me well the other grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers. His hand was much bigger then mine, yet it felt like they fit together so well, almost as if they were made for each other.

Well I mean they technically were...

"I don't know." He whispers back, shrugging slightly.

"Most, if not all of it is my doing." He murmurs, fiddling with out hands together.

I glance up at him but his eyes were on our hands.

"I don't think that," I say. He glances back at me.

"I've done things too. I mean- I think we've both had our fair share of messing things up."

"You don't know how horrible I feel, Allison. I've done so much to hurt you and I can't even take it back." He let's go of my hand to reach over and stoke my hair.

"I would do just about anything to make it up to you." He says.

I shake my head, looking down at my hands. They felt empty when they weren't holding his.

Unintentionally, I grabbed his hand away from my hair and intertwined our fingers again.

"Everything you've done, everything you did-" I sigh. "You're forgiven for." Although I felt defeated, apart of me was relieved. Relived that I was able to even forgive him, let alone sit here on his lap and still feel the way I felt before with him. Feel like we were made for each other and feel like everything would maybe just be okay with us.

I look up at him, running my hand along the side of his face.

He leans his forehead on mine, closing his eyes and taking in my scent.

I close my eyes as well, treasuring this moment, taking in the way it felt to be this close to him, to feel so vulnerable around him.

It felt like this moment wouldn't last forever, and I wanted to remember it.

~~~~

"Derek couldn't have picked a different guard to stay with me at all times?" I ask, crossing my arms and glaring at Felix. I was still a little mad at him. I wasn't as mad about the fact that he had ratted me out, I was more mad about the fact that I couldn't trust him now.

Before I felt like we were actually becoming friends instead of him just being my bodyguard that just stood there and said little to nothing, like my other guards.

"Luna, I'm sorry. I am. But alpha Derek asked it to be me." He shrugs. "Why? Because you'd rat me out again if I were to do anything against 'alpha' Derek's will?" I ask, tilting my head in an intimidating manner.

"I thought we were friends Felix!" I yell before plopping myself on the living room couch.

"We are! Please understand that I had no other choice in the matter. If I didn't come back with you, alpha Derek would've kicked me out of the pack. I'm really sorry, Luna." I roll my eyes, sighing.

"First of all, don't call me Luna. Second of all, I'm gonna let this slide, but please don't do anything like that again." He nods.

"But- alpha Derek told me to call you Luna." He points out. "And I'm telling you not to." He nods, looking like he wanted to argue about it, but thankfully he kept his mouth shut.

"Now Felix, I know your loyalty stands with Derek, but that's gonna need to stop," I say, crossing my arms over my chest.

"What do you mean, Lu- Allison?" He asks.

"You know how every alpha has a beta?" I ask, arching my eyebrow at him.

"Yeah?" 

"Well our relationship will go in the way where I'm the alpha and you're my beta," I smirk.