Chapter 57

Don't forget to vote and follow me!! Enjoy!
~~~

A week. A week before I turned 19. My first birthday without either of my parents. I dreaded it.

I knew I'd wake up without my mother coming in my bedroom in an early hour, singing the birthday song to me to gently wake me up. She'd then make my favorite breakfast, pancakes, eggs and hash browns. And if I had plans or did something else during the night, she'd still make sure to make my favorite dinner during the week.

She'd buy me the worst gifts. She never understood my style and would always try and push the style she wanted on me. She usually adored dresses and heels that are just too hard to walk with.

But at the end of the day, I'd be happy to have a mother that cared, one that wanted to celebrate me the whole day.

I'd never get that again, I'd never be able to have my mother throw me a surprise birthday party or wake up with balloons all over my bedroom floor. Or have her make me a homemade birthday cake where she'd forget to add sugar...

All memories I have but none I'll ever make again.

"Are you gonna tell Derek?" Felix asks after I mentioned my birthday was next week.

I shake my head, knowing very well I wanted to skip over the day and forget all about it.

"There's no way you can't tell Derek, Allison!" Felix points out, taking it upon himself to lay on my bed after I've just made it. I roll my eyes at him before joining in.

Another reason why I never left Derek's room to get my own again, his bed was amazing.

"Yes there is. I'll just let the day past and then eventually I'll tell him." I gave a slight shrug as if it were nothing but the way Felix looked at me, he knew it wasn't nothing.

"Felix, you have to understand my mother just died... my dad left. I don't have any real reason to want to celebrate." I sit up, looking down at my hands.

"I know that. But Derek should at least know, you can tell him you don't want to do anything to celebrate it, but he should know. You're his mate and well he'd be pissed if he missed it." I knew Felix was right. I knew it was mean of me to just not tell him.

I really didn't see the point of telling him but I knew I should.

"I'll tell him. I just don't want him to make a big fuss out of it. I have no reason to want to celebrate it. If anything I'd like to spend the day as if it were any normal day." Felix nods looking as if he didn't completely understood.

"How about gifts? I have to get you a gift!"

I give him a glare.

"That kind of defeats the purpose of it being a normal day." He rolls his eyes at me.

"I mean it Felix! No gifts!" He opens his mouth to protest but then the bedroom door opened to Derek.

He narrows his eyes at him.

"What are you doing on my bed Felix?" Derek asks, jealousy clear in his voice. I have no idea why he'd ever be threatened by Felix. Felix is my best friend and would never be anything more! Besides I'm sure Felix will find his mate soon.

"He was helping me make it." I gave a slight shrug.

Derek looked as if he could kill Felix for some reason, but I could tell he was trying to control his sudden anger. He didn't say anything more about it.

"Why are you guys talking about gifts?" He asks, walking closer to me grabbing my hand. He pulled me up, forcing me against him where he held me in a protective manner.