Chapter 12

"I have to get home.." I whisper to Eric. I was wrapped in his arms on his bed. We were making out furiously and well things felt as if they were going too fast with us. I wasn't even sure what we were. But a week after our first kiss I found myself coming back for more and more.

He was hot. Although I didn't want to go over board with him, not until I figured a few things out first. "Eh- do you really?" He asks in a whisper. I smile before leaning in again, kissing his soft pink lips. "Yup, my parents don't like when I'm out this late on a school night." Lie! Such a huge ass lie. I hated lying too!

I hated that I was going to have to visit Derek after this! I wanted to stay here, with Eric. Figure things out with him, ask him the one question I was dying to ask. Was he my boyfriend? And if so, would that mean that my first boyfriend was Eric and not Derek? I mean not that I expect Derek to be my first boyfriend or anything to me, really. But I still wonder a lot about everything with me and Derek.

It was so utterly confusing! Especially when Derek didn't bother on specifying us.

Not that I wanted him to, but it would just tell me what Derek saw me as, you know?

"Hmm- fine. See you at school tomorrow?" Eric asks. "Definitely." School wasn't that bad actually. I liked going to school and skipping classes to go and talk and make out with Eric behind the bleachers. Yeah, I felt somewhat like a whore because I hadn't even made anything official with Eric, but can you blame me? 

My situation wasn't exactly considered "easy" 

I was here making out with Eric and trying my hardest to figure out what we were well lying to him about practically everything! Like how I'm Dereks mate, his alpha! Considering me his luna, which he does not know and I don't know how I'll ever tell him.

I hate using the word "luna" but it was true, I was that even if I didn't want admit it myself. It was true and I utterly hated it.

~~

I sat in Derek's office on his couch. My legs were curled up to my chest as I read a book. Well, I wouldn't count staring at a book well I was in deep thought, reading. But it probably looked like that to Derek. 

My mind was spinning. I needed clarity. I mean, well here's all my facts! I'm Derek's mate, things are complicated there because I don't want to be his mate and I sure as hell don't want my parents finding out that I am his mate! And I like Eric. I like him a lot. He keeps my mind off Derek when I needed him to. I wasn't sure how I felt about Derek either. At times I'd look at him and feel something deep down in me, something that made me want to be with him.

I'd get butterflies sometimes when I'm around him. I didn't entirely mind his company either. But other times I was too distracted by the things I wanted and the things I didn't want to even notice him. 

"Derek?" I close my book, looking up at him. "Hmm?" He arches his eyebrow at me. I usually didn't disturb him well he did work. I'm pretty sure he just likes my presence and the fact that I usually like to read than bother him.

"I graduate this year- and after I graduate I plan on leaving," I announce. The words flew out of my mouth unwillingly. I realized what I was about to do. I was going to have "the talk" with Derek. And no I don't mean the kind of talk you have with your parents! But the talk I've been meaning to have with Derek!

"Leaving?" he asks, sounding confused. "I'm a human, Derek. Nothing more. I don't belong to this pack- literally. I don't want to be here either." I whisper. My whisper was so low I couldn't even hear it. But I knew he could with his wolf hearing. 

"But- how about us?" He asks. I saw right through him. He knew my response before I even said it. 

"There isn't a us." I didn't want to say anything more. I stood up and gathered my things before walking out.

~~

It was about 7:30 when I woke up for school. I threw my best clothes on, well the best I had to put on at 7:30 in the morning. I walked downstairs in a hurry, already slightly late for school. I walked into this kitchen, ready to grab an apple and my mother's keys and leave. But the site before me- well it made me freeze.

My parents sat at the table, in front of them was Derek. "Allison, why don't you come and take a seat?" My mom asks, her voice stern. She didn't have her usual fake nice voice she used when she was around her alpha. Derek turned slightly in his seat to look at me. He had a smirk on his face, a smirk that looked so utterly and completely evil. 

My heart was pounding in my chest. My palms felt sweaty. My mind was spinning in what felt like circles. I knew exactly what was happening the minute I got downstairs, the minute I saw all 3 of them at that table.

"You can sit by me- mate." If it was even possible, his smirk got wider, even eviler!

My mouth probably fell to the ground, shocked. I was so fucking shocked.

I didn't know what to do. My mind kept telling me to run but my feet felt compelled to just stay, stay and deal with the hell that was most likely to come.