Chapter 43

Do not forget to vote and comment on what you thought about the chapter! I really appreciate feedback from you guys! Thanks! 

(Ps fun fact: I originally planned on ending the book in chapter 25, short I know! But I was I had terrible writers-block so I had written up a whole chapter, ending the book.. but after a few weeks of debating it, I pushed it to the side and continued writing more chapters. Let's just say if I would've given up on the book then- the book wouldn't have ended with a happy ending so you're welcome! You will most likely get a good ending to this book at one point in time!) Enjoy...

*Tic-Tock* *Tic-Tock*

I starred at the clock impatiently. I chewed at my fingernails, played with the ripped part of my jeans and even started counting sheep to pass the time. Though counting sheep was something you did to fall asleep. 

I had pulled up a chair and sat it in front of Derek's office, waiting for him to get done with his meeting with his beta. 

What exactly was I waiting for?

Well, I had news. News that I knew Derek wouldn't find too exciting, but news that I found exciting!

I jumped out of my chair as soon as I heard the door open. Out stepped Dereks beta, Daniel was his name, I believe. I backed up slightly, letting him walk past. "Luna." He gave me a polite smile before walking away. I waved though he probably couldn't see it because he was walking away. I quickly ran into Derek's office, shutting the door behind me.

Derek arched his eyebrows at me, a little surprised to see me rush into his office.

"Hi? I didn't think I'd see you anymore today since you were mad at me?" He looked slightly confused. "Oh I am still mad at you because you broke my favorite mug- but that's besides the point. Felix was telling me that usually as Luna I can take over the training sessions for the amateur pack members. Basically the teens of our pack." I smile hopefully.

I can hear him mutter something under his breath along the lines of "I'm gonna kill him" which I wasn't surprised.

Derek was uncertain about giving me any responsibility when it came to the pack.

"Yeah that's not going to happen." he says, leaning back in his chair. "Why not!" I whine out. "Because you have little to no training! You try and train those pack members and something actually happens where they'll have to fight they'll die!" he spats. 

I bite my lip, thinking it through. He had a good point. "Then teach me!" I smirk.

He frowns in response. "Excuse me?" He asks. "I said teach me how to fight. Then I'll teach them." I shrug.

I watched as he thought over it for a second. "NO-but I will allow you to kinda co-train them with me every once in a while." He points out. "Fine."

All I wanted was to have something to do. At this point, I'm a hundred percent sure "luna" was just a title that came with nothing.

I take a seat on his couch, leaning back.

"Are you busy?" I ask. "I'm kinda doing some work- why?" He asks.

I shrug. "I kinda thought it would be a good idea to hang." I felt a little nervous to admit that I actually wanted to hang out with him. I felt like it'd be a good idea.

"You want to hang- with me?" He asks as if not believing it. "Well if you don't want to I can just go but I figured maybe we should." I waited anxiously for his response. 

He stared down at his work the whole time we talked. "Sure you did." He says sarcastically.

That's when I realized that he really didn't believe me. He actually thought I was lying. I understand I had a record of being rude and mean to him in thus situations but come on! Have a little faith?!

"Okay nevermind.." I stood and walked towards the door. I felt a little down. He really didn't have much faith in me. I don't think he understood that when I told him I actually was accepting the position of luna that I was actually also agreeing to give "us" a chance.

If it weren't for the fact that it's a lot to take on I would've agreed to give us a chance a long time ago. 

When first meeting Derek I did immediately feel something for him, I just never really wanted to act on it given the circumstances and the baggage that comes with him.

"You're serious?" With Derek's wolf speed he was in front of the door blocking my exit out of his office. 

I glare at him, slightly annoyed that he was able to get to me so fast. I didn't even have time to reach for the doorknob and he was in front of me. 

"I don't know..." I did know, I just did not want to admit it to him. "I just figured that after the luna ceremony and me accepting to be Luna-it'd mean that I was accepting to be mates with you." I murmur, embarrassed. 

"Yeah we are mates, but I'm not going to force you to act like one." He says, narrowing his eyes at me as if he was confused.

I stared at him for a second, half ready to act like I was relieved that he wasn't expecting me to act like a lovey-dovey mate. But before I can, realization crossed his face. 

"Unless you were agreeing to both?" He asks. 

"Hahah- as if!" I tried laughing it off as if it were the funniest suggested thing in the entire universe but by the reaction on his face, he was not buying it. "Fine... I thought maybe we can start- I don't know, getting along better. Maybe stop acting so repulsive towards each other." I admit.

He crossed his arms, tilting his head. "First of all, I've never acted repulsively towards you. You know that I've wanted a relationship with you before I even wanted you to accept your part as Luna." he points out. I roll my eyes. 

"Don't act like you never wanted to get rid of me at one point in this whole course!" I mean I'm sure he did. I was a lot to handle, not to mention I kinda still am!

"Yeah- I did find you annoying at times but I'd rather die than have you gone, you know that." I did know that. He basically has me on house arrest still because he's afraid I'd leave! But I have nowhere to go and quite frankly I don't want to go anywhere.

"Fine, whatever. Can I go now?" I ask, moving my hand slightly, motioning him to get out of my way. "What? No not after the conversation we've just had." 

"What conversation? What do you mean?" I acted dumb because honestly, I wasn't into all the sappy stuff. Also, it has been very embarrassing. "You want an actual relationship with me. Not friends but something more." He smiles making me blush in response, both in embarrassment and also because it was cute.

"Fuck you." Though it sounded rude I couldn't help but smile just the slightest.

"Come here." He pulled me into a hug, wrapping his strong arms around me. I hugged him back, taking a deep breath of his scent.

"But this doesn't mean that you get to control the relationship! We go at my pace!" I point out. "Whatever you say." I knew he was probably planning to not obey that rule but I was one hundred percent serious. I did kinda want to take things a bit slow. 

This whole thing is kinda a lot to deal with and take in. And with all the requirements that come with being a mate, I'd rather not do it all at once. I knew he'd at one point expect to mark me not to mention that his pack would probably expect us to get married at one point soon. I haven't even kissed the guy yet! Though I admittingly have fantasized about it......