Chapter 5

"So tell me a bit about yourself," Derek said as I walked around his office, looking through all the books he had. "You have a lot of books." I murmur, picking one out and examining it. It was in latin, so I couldn't exactly tell what the book was about. I pushed it back into its spot before looking at another.

"They were my fathers before I became alpha, and his fathers before he became alpha." He says.

I nodded. "Passed down from generation to generation?" He nods. "Have you've read any of these? I mean a lot of them are in different languages." I murmur, flipping through some pages on one of the old books. "They're all books about werewolves and werewolves culture in different countries." He says.

"SO you haven't read any?" I ask, arching my eyebrow at him. "I've read a few, others are harder to interpret."

I put the book I was examining away, turning to look at him. "Can I go back home?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest. He narrows his eyes at me, studying my face. Of course, I didn't want to go home! I mean come on, no ones stupid enough to believe I did, but you never know with "Derek" I hardly knew him so maybe he would believe me.

I just didn't want to be here in a sense. I felt very uneasy with the fact that I am his mate. I just don't even know how to explain it, but I didn't want to even think about it. Honestly, I wanted to go home and sleep and forget all about today. Now nothing really happened today, but my mind kept going back to when he carried me over here, how it felt to be in his arms and how I never wanted that moment to end.

And man did I hate myself for that. "Sure." He nods. "Wait, what?" I ask, confused. I cringed at myself when I noticed that I was somewhat disappointed that he was more than willing to let me go home.

"Sure you can go home, but you'll be coming back tomorrow." I frown, realizing that there was no way to actually get away from him. "I have plans tomorrow," I smirk, crossing my arms over my chest. "Great, what are we doing?" My smirk turned back into a frown. I groaned. "Fine!" I hiss. "I'm going home now." I turn to open the door when he suddenly came up behind me, shutting it.

"Don't I get a kiss, little one?" I gritted my teeth as he called me "little one"

"Why would I kiss you?" I hiss, refusing to turn and look at him. I felt him suddenly move my hair away from my neck, his finger tips grazing my collarbone, making me shizer under his touch. I felt him lean down and whisper into my ear, his lips practically touching my ear as he did so.

"Because you want to." He whispers, his hot breath fanning my ear, making me have the urge to moan suddenly. I subsided it. I turned around with a fake smile on my face. I leaned up and wrapped my arms around his neck, leaning forward, so close to his lips... and then BAM! I kicked my leg up, kicking him right where the sun doesn't shine. I smirked.

"See you tomorrow baby!" With that, I skipped out of his office, proud of myself.

~~~

Well, I woke up, feeling dreadful. I had been with this new "pack" for 2 weeks, and I completely hated it. I wouldn't say I was "with" them, though. I wasn't a werewolf so therefore I couldn't be part of a pack, even if I wanted to. Although Derek would defer from that, he says I'll be the "Luna" of this pack, one of the most important parts of a pack, their luna and God did I hate that word.

I hated when Derek would mention it. Ever since the day he showed up at my house, half ready to tell my parents we were mates, I've been going to his place every night, forced actually to go.

I knew today would be like any other day. I'd wake up with the slightest amount of hope that I'd be able to go out and do something other than staying in my bedroom and waiting until 7 to make some sort of an excuse up to tell my parents well I'd be really hanging out with the alpha.