Chapter 37

Guys don't forget to vote!! I'll update soon, promise! I've been just very busy I can't even update my other books but whenever I have the time, I promise I will try an update! 

Enjoy

~~~~~~

Lately, I had been trying to stay away from Derek as much as possible. I had a feeling that I would give in and just fully forgive him for everything and I wanted to be stubborn about this whole situation!

He doesn't deserve my forgiveness just yet. So I was finding new places to read. I had an office now but my new couch wasn't that comfortable yet so reading on it wasn't very fun.

Besides I missed bothering Derek when I read in his office. He would kinda get annoyed with me but every time I threatened to leave, he'd apologize. I missed that! I just needed more time with everything.

So I found myself sitting on our bed, reading a book that I had stolen from his bookshelf. Although I'm sure he wouldn't mind. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one that reads any of those books. He never touches them!

It was around ten at night, I was reading more up on Luna's. I wanted to figure out what I should be doing with all my spare time. Every book said the same things. That I should be planning pack events and be doing what one would consider "meet and greets" with the pack members. That sounded boring!

I wanted to do big things! Like form alliances with other packs! Plan a  war!

Although I'm very positive that alphas don't just plan wars between packs! In fact, I'm one hundred percent positive that they try to prevent wars as much as possible!

But still, I wanted to be more important and do more important stuff!

"Blah, blah, blah.." I mutter to myself, flipping through the book pages at all the same boring shit I had read in other werewolf books.

That's when one page kinda caught my eyes.

On the top of the page in very bold letters read; "The Importance of being a Luna"

It immediately sparked my interests.

It was exactly what I wanted, to be important.

"A good luna honors her pack, stands by it through thick and thin.." I shake my head, it sounded like freaking wedding vows. "A luna stands for her pack, defends it, and would give her life for it." I laugh out loud at that.

Bullshit, I wouldn't give my life for this freaking pack! That's crazy!

I glance up from the book when Derek suddenly walks in. He gives me a forced smile, clearly looking exhausted from whatever day he had. Felix had told me that he went and met with a few packs, one of them being with an alpha that he despised. I wasn't sure why, Felix hadn't gone into detail.

I smile at him before looking back down at my book.

I was in the middle of still reading the same page, it said things that didn't really peak my interests when I decided to glance and see what Derek was doing.

To my surprise he was standing in front of his dresser, taking off his clothes and changing into his sweats. He usually wore a shirt to bed but for once he seemed like he was leaving it off.

It only made me slightly nervous because he looked very hot without a shirt on. I couldn't even dart my eyes away. It's so hard to ignore him when all I want to do is talk to him all day, be around him 24/7, it's legit crazy.

I was trying not to be too obvious, clearly checking him out, but it was hard when I was basically drooling.

I quickly look away when he turns towards me, walking towards the bed and tucking himself under the covers. I look down at him as he laid on his side, immediately closing his eyes.

I shut my book, sitting it on my side table before switching off my lamp. I position myself into bed, facing away from Derek.

Sleeping had been by far very awkward. Although I'm sure it didn't seem awkward. I just felt uncomfortable because up to this point, usually, I'd wake up in Derek's arms. But since we started fighting he hadn't dared to touch me.

Which I was both glad and mad about. Apart of me wanted him to touch me, the other part of me wanted him to back the hell up because he hadn't earned that privilege yet.

But trying to fall asleep so close to him was hard. Most nights I would be just restless.

I sigh, turning over to look at him, he had his eyes closed and he faced me.

His face looked so soft. He was adorable when he slept. I can honestly admit that Derek was the most gorgeous guy I had ever laid my eyes upon.

He had been nice looking since the day I met him.

It was weird knowing that even with everything happening at this moment, he'd technically always be mine. If he doesn't cheat again!

That thought scared me. The only thing that ever played in my head when I thought about Derek cheating was that saying "once a cheater, always a cheater"

But he didn't actually cheat on me! I don't think I'd consider it cheating if I were seeing someone else at the time.

Was it really fair of me to treat him so mean like he did the worst thing in the world when he thought I was doing the same thing behind his back? He had every reason to.

Maybe I was being too hard on him. I felt like I was.

I sigh, attempting to close my eyes and try to sleep.

Of course, it didn't work, I did not expect it to.

"Derek?" I question, kinda hoping that he was secretly awake.

"Yes, Allison?" To my surprise he was. He kept his eyes closed but he was clearly awake.

"I can't sleep." I murmur out. He opens his eyes, looking at me in the very dim lighting that showed through the curtains.

He reaches over, running the back of his hand along my face.

I knew he knew what I was saying when I was pointing out that I couldn't sleep. It was hard sleeping when we weren't basically cuddling.

"Come." He whispers, opening the blanket and motioning me to scoot closer to him. I hesitate. "Allison.." He sighs. I bite my lip before moving over, cuddling close to his chest.

He wraps his arms around me, holding me tight. I take a deep breath smelling his scent.

It felt amazing to be this close to him.

I look up, running my hand along his cheek. "I've been thinking.." I whisper. "What have you been thinking?" He asks, sounding a little amused.

I shrug, looking away from him. "I-I mean not permanently, b-but maybe you can mark me- just for when you introduce me as your Luna." I point out, emphasizing the fact that it would just be for the event.

"Really?" He asks. I nod, looking back at him. My hand was still on his cheek, slightly messaging it.

He grabs my hand, taking it off his cheek and bringing it to his lips where he placed a kiss on it before cuddling me closer to him.

"Okay." He whispers before closing his eyes.

I smile, closing my own eyes and probably falling asleep within no time.