Chapter 1

I hopped out of the moving truck and assisted my aunt with the boxes. Although I was so excited about the big move I still preferred to be back in my old town. This guy stood inside his or I assume it's his house starring at us suspiciously as if we didn't belong. Which we didn't. His blinds suddenly closed and I walk into the house with my box in hand as if I wasn't just being watched and sat the box down.

I could hear my aunt talking with someone outside. "Sure Aria would love to have your daughter show her around."

After a long day of unpacking, I walked up to my new room and noticed my mirror reflecting my neighbor's house. I step back as that same boy stands in the window shirtless, his still and chocolate brown eyes laid on me, burning beneath my skin's core. Suddenly his quirking smile arises from the corner of his mouth.

I raise an eyebrow, profounded by his chiseled muscular abs I try not to stare. I turn away shortly after my aunt calls my name, "Aria!"

"Here I come!" I yell, rushing off to see what she needed from me.

The next day I take my schedule from the guidance office, focusing hard, I try to find my first class.
"Hello." I stop walking and look around.
"Hi."
I gaze upon this quirky princess-like cheerleader. She waves at me. Her straight hair all bundled in a bun. Her brown eyes still she smiles.

"hi."- I awkwardly say.

"I remember my first day." She says as if she attended high school already.
"Excuse me who are you?" I ask.
"Oh...I'm sorry I'm Vanessa. Nice to meet you." She says holding out her hand.
"I'm Aria," I respond to her by shaking her hand.

"Now that we know each other...I can help you out." She gestures for me to follow her.

"Hey, Nick did you see the new girl?" Jake asks as he approaches him.
"Yea...I saw her when I was over at Sara's place." Nick laughs.
"When are you gonna settle down?" Jake asks.

"When I'm old and grey."
Jake sighs at Nick's response.
"Oh look your girlfriend is coming....with the new girl," Nick says surprised by my presence.
"Hey guys....this is Aria, this is my boyfriend Jake and his annoying best friend Nick."
Nick salutes me with a wink.
"Hi." I shyly say looking away from him. "Anyway, thanks for the tour but I must be on my way before I'm late to class."

"Wow, she sounds interesting," Nick says sarcastically under his breath as I walk away. "I will have her...by the end of this school year though." Nick confidently says.
"You're such an ass, Nick," Vanessa says in a scolding manner.

Once the third period hit I instantly felt the need to get up out of there. now, don't get me wrong I enjoy sports just playing them with my peers, and what's up with the whole locker room thing? I mean I'm not ashamed of my body or anything but I don't see myself in a locker full of half-naked girls, just waiting to judge you on how you look. After I got dressed I walked out onto the track field and waited for the teacher to give their instructions.

"Three laps around the whole track and if you don't you get an automatic U, I'm talking to you, Ms. Jackson."
My eyes instantly roll as I begin to start my jog. Not even five minutes into my jog I could hear someone coming up behind me huffing and puffing.
"Hey...you."
I ignore the voice.
"Hey...you know you hear me." I begin to speed up.
"Come on don't be like that." He says.

"Sorry...but please talk to me when you actually know my name," I said.

At lunch, I was uncertain about where I wanted to sit. Me, Aria Tyler uncertain, who would've thought? Just a few months ago I would've known where to sit.
"Hey, Aria over here." Vanesa gestures for me to come over and sit. Once I had sat down I felt someone slide their ass onto the bench beside me.
"Hey, guys." I roll my eyes.
"Nick, don't chase my new friend away." Friend? I say more like associates. We're not on the friend level yet.
"Yeah dude, be cool you don't have to pounce on every girl you see."
Nick flashes a quick and utterly annoyed face at Jake. "Do you always have to agree with your girlfriend?"
I begin to eat my burger. "Wow, you eat like a pig." Nick jokes while making pig noises.

"Oh, I'm sorry I'm not one of those bitchy modeled type girls you fuck around with." I snap.
He leans back, "wow, how degrading you are to women."

"You're one to talk, I'm sure you waste their time by saying how cute they are just so you can get all in their pants."

"So Aria where."-

"Oh, it's not my fault that they want me." I laugh vigorously.
"Alright, that's cute."

"Guys."

"What?" We both snap back at her. I slowly tucked my bang behind my ear before getting up and walking away.
"That escalated quickly," Jake says.
"Yup...but she so digs me."

Nick says turning to watch me leave.

As soon as school ended I walked through that large parking lot. "Hey, you!"
I stop walking and turn my head. "Nice car."

I said observing the beautiful red coating of his Ferrari. "Thanks."
I nod, "Okay bye." I said.
"Wait, don't you want a ride?" He drives his car at the same pace that I'm walking at.
"Hey, Nick I wanna ride." A random girl pushes me aside.
"There you go...now have fun." He bites his lips. I watch as the girl hops in.
"Bye Nick."

"Bye New girl."

I shake my head as he pulls off.

Once I've gotten home I immediately dropped my book bag onto the floor.
"Hey, Aria how was your first day?"

I sigh, "unexpected...I got into an argument with an asshole."

"Aria."
I giggle, "sorry but he was. Anyways I'm just gonna go to bed I'm tired."

She sighs, "alright...there's some food in the fridge if you want something."
I laugh, "thanks, Ester."

I race upstairs to my room eager to get changed. And once again I see him standing across the street staring back at me as if he was waiting for me. I smirk, contriving plan that executed through my mind. I play as if I'm about to take off my shirt until I notice a girl raising up to kiss him. I swiftly move to my blinds and close them.

I laugh a bit at the thought of his reaction. I lay down and fall asleep.