Chapter 11

Two weeks have passed since I had my first kiss, two weeks. It's October now. I've kept my distance from Nick ever since that kiss because you know, I'm crushing on him. I sat at home on my bed still starring at that stupid box as if I regretted it.

"Just open it, my aunt Ester said standing in the middle of my doorway.
"I want to but I don't want to...it's probably nothing." I set it on my desk and lay back in my chair.
"Are you even still talking to him?"
I shake my head, "so you let him steal your first kiss and now you're ignoring him?" I shrugged as I turn away from it.
"Well, at least you have that Derek guy."
I shake my head, "he dumped me."

"Ok well, that's his loss."

I nod, "I think I'm gonna go for a jog."
She laughs, "leave it to you to run away from your problems."
I roll my eyes, "it helps me think." I said as I was getting ready for my jog.
"And eating helps me feel bad...what happened that night wasn't your fault."
I nod, "yes it was! If I hadn't snuck out they'd still be here and you wouldn't have to deal with me." I said.

"Aria it's not."-

"No I'm going to go clear my head so don't wait up." As I exit the house I hear footsteps from across the street, echoing.

"Buttercup." I plug in my headphones ignoring him. I can't face him not now. Especially when homecoming is coming up and Sara is planning to be that 'power couple.'

"Let her go, Nick, she clearly doesn't care about you... Like you don't care about her. And we don't want me to tell her what you did." She cackles leaning onto his chest.
"Yeah right let's go." Sara guides him back inside the house.

As I kept pushing myself I tried to block him and the death of my parents out of my head. Slowly pumping adrenaline in my body. I stop as I heard my song, 'where's my love', pauses for a moment.

Aria- hello?

Vanessa- are you okay, you sound tired

Aria- I'm jogging

Vanessa- oh cool are you still regretting the kiss?

Aria- I think I'm getting past it

Vanessa- you getting space from him was worth it

Aria- yup

Vanessa- you're lying

Aria- yes, but it's fine because I don't need him I was fine without him

Vanessa- good girl

Aria- I'm not a dog

Vanessa- sorry I mean girl power

Aria- ha, it's fine but I have to finish this jog, I'll see you later okay?

Vanessa- stay safe

Aria- you to

I head home. Ester's in the kitchen making dinner. I fight to break my promise. I like to be the one to who someone apologizes first. Someone who wants to be chased. But I end up chasing after them. It's a crazy way how the world works. I take a deep breath a long one at that. I start to jog up to the porch as the music still plays a remedy in my head. I check my phone, 'Nick.'

Aria- hello

Nick- why are you avoiding me?

Aria- I'm not

Nick- it's like we're back to where we started

Aria- I'm sorry but I'm going through something

Nick- I am to

Aria- it's not as bad as mines

Nick- what, your situation with Derek?

Aria- what I do with Derek is my business and right now I'm not talking to him

Nick- oh...cool

Aria- yea...I really don't want to argue with you

Nick- why not? You're gonna have to face it sooner or later

Aria- I don't want to

Nick- why not?

Aria- because I just don't

Nick- Aria it's not that bad trust me

Aria- you don't know that, you haven't met the old me

Nick- old self?

Aria- the bitch

Nick- oh she couldn't have been that bad

Aria- humiliating a girl who bumped into you and destroying her reputation

Nick- is that why you don't stand up to Sara?

Aria- no, I don't stand up to her because it's not worth it...and you have to

Nick- why should I? I care about her

Aria- never mind, I'll see you around

Nick- no you don't get to push me away like you do everyone else I'm not everyone else

Aria- okay well I'll stop if you answer this, am I everyone else?

Nick- where is this coming from?

Aria- just answer me

Nick- fine yes, you are

Aria- that's all I needed to hear

Nick- wait...

Aria- bye

"Aria, Vanessa is here!" Ester yells and I dash downstairs.
Vanessa holds up a white bag, "I've got ice cream."
I laugh, "thanks I need it after the phone call I just had."
Ester pats my shoulder. "I'll be sleep if you need me."

After eating and having ice cream Vanessa I made our way to my room and instantly fell asleep watching 13 Reasons Why. I hated how I was the only one who heard knocking on my window. I croak out of bed annoyed and a bit drowsy. I lift up the window and heavily sigh, "why won't he leave me alone?" I mumbled to myself.
He smiles, "Aria! I hope I didn't wake you."
I laugh, "Oh Romeo, where there art thou Romeo?" I joke trying to lighten up my mood. "What was earlier about?" He asks rubbing the back of his neck.
"Why do you care?"
He shrugs unsure of what to say.

"I mean your my friend...best friend and it bothers me that I haven't talked to you which is weird to me."
I sigh, "I might as well tell you since you're going to find out later or you already know anyway."- I sarcastically look back at Vanessa who groans, "shut up and go to bed."

"What?" He asks.
"Okay....here goes nothing...Nicolas Lockwood. I have feelings for you." I take a deep breath and exhale. "God, that felt good...okay goodnight."

I get ready to close the window when his hand gently grazes mines in astonished shock.
"Wait what?" He asks.
"Goodnight?"

He shakes his head, "y-you like me. B-But you said you would never...oh dammit Aria...I can't....I'm sorry I don't feel the same way I."-

I nod, "I know...I just was convenient by standard that caught your eye...and is a fool...to believe this could ever happen." I slowly distance my hand from his as I close my window.

"Yea, your no fool...because I also have feelings for you."