Chapter 17

I fix my hair up in a bun and then take it down as I grew angrier at my indecisiveness. I take a deep breath. Just go up to him...you'll be fine...don't panic...panic...shit...you're already here just tap him! I slowly tap him. Nick turns to me.

"What?" He asks, eyes still in his locker.

"I know you're as annoyed as I am that our families decided to force us to be together this Thanksgiving and."-

"And what you still hate me?" He interrupted me.

"No, I was gonna say we can either set our differences aside or pretend to like each other."
He laughs, "how? I can never pretend."

I look down, "right...like the time you pretended to care about me when you were really lying to me."

He slams his locker. "I took you home when you were drunk!" He yells as he turns to me.

"Because you didn't want to look like the bad guy!...thanks by the way," I yell right back at him. He wipes his face.
"You know what you're right I love my image...okay I'm going to go to class now." I grab him but he pushes me back.

"Don't touch me." Scared, I start to panic, remembering Jake's altercation I take deep breathes.

"Aria?"
I push him away and run off. Not even looking back at him. "Is she okay?" Vanessa asks approaching him. "I-I don't know."

After school, I walked around in the mall searching for something useless to buy.
"Hey, you look familiar." This girl says pointing at me.

"Excuse me who are you?" She laughs before holding out her hand.

"I'm Ivy Lockwood, Nick's older sister."

I didn't know he had a sister. "I-I didn't know he had a sister."
She nods, "I get that a lot... We don't get along...and he hates me."

I nod, "wait...how do you know about me?" I ask, "I'm a Lockwood I know everything. I know Nick can be an ass...but he seems to care about you despite...your status." I turn my head.
"Excuse me?" I ask.
"Oh see I don't like you...you hurt my brother." I laugh, "he paid a guy to date me." I snap, "and I can see why. I mean look at you." I chuckle, "I can see why he never mentions you, you're a bitch!

And I hate bitches like you." I walk off.

As I was about to call Nick I spotted him talking to a girl, a brunette, our age with freckles. I walk over towards them and push her aside. "Hey! Don't cock block me!"

I turn to the girl, "I'm sorry I need to talk to him."
She frowns, "bitch." I mug her causing her to flinch.
"That's what I thought."
Nick tries to get the girl to come back. "What?" He asks annoyed.

"I just met your sister. And can I just say she's a bitch...she said I wasn't worthy of you...I mean I am. I can get you... have you anytime I want." I ramble on not even letting him get a word in.

"That's my sister...but Aria please calm down you're making a scene."

I look around, "sorry...you guys can carry on." I put my hands on my hips.
"Yeah and Aria are you gonna tell me about what happened earlier? Was it one of your flashbacks?"

I laugh, "what no?"

"You're lying, your voice gets high pitched when you're lying."
I shrug, "so...I don't know, why I am talking to you?" I snapped.

"Because you miss me." He smirks.

"I hate you."
He leans in, "really then why are you here talking to me?"
My fingers run through my hair in frustration. "Because...I...dammit I...bye." I storm off.

Ivy walks over towards Mrs. Lockwood and Ester.
"Well?" Ester asks.
"She went to him...I really didn't feel comfortable doing that...they have to get together on their own."

Mrs. Lockwood sighs, "they're both stubborn so I'm pretty sure the two aren't gonna get together on their own... It was just a little push. Just don't say anything to Nick about this."

She nods, "of course."

Meanwhile, I stood on that same bridge I panicked on. Staring down at the water. "Aria?" Jake asks pulling up to me. I wipe my tears.
"What?" I ask.

"You okay?" He steps out of the car.
"I'm fine," I said.

"You don't look like it." He says approaching me. I raise my hand, "no...stay back...please...I'm already traumatized by the accident and you only made it worse." I bluntly speak the truth.

"I'm sorry...I didn't know I could actually make someone afraid of me."

I nod, "well yeah...you hurt me." I rub my neck gently.

"You need a friend?"

I roll my eyes. "Don't feel sorry for me now... I'm a lost cause." I joke, "but yea...I miss Vanessa. But don't let her know."
He chuckles, "what about Nick?"

I grin, "maybe I do miss my Romeo."

He nods, "you really do like him?" I shrug, "yes."

"Well I know what I have to do...see you later Aria." I nod and watch as he leaves.

Nick and Jake spend their time in Nick's room playing video games.
"So your sister really did that?"

He nods, "look Nick I have to come clean...you may or may not like me after I tell you this."- Jake pauses.

"Dude, what can be worse? You cheating on Vanessa?" Nick jokes but sees Jake not laughing. "Jake."

Jake frowns, "no I love her too much to cheat....it's about Aria." Jake explains everything.

"Dude why the hell would you do that? And why didn't she tell me?!" Jake stands as Nick does.

"If you want you can punch me." Jake says, "okay." Nick punches Jake, "you touch her again I'll."-

"What kills me? Sounds like you care."
Nick laughs, "Nah...okay fine...just don't tell her. She's better off without me."

Nick says, "Nah...she misses you...she told me...she even called you Romeo again."
Nick smirks, "that's my buttercup."

"Yeah, she needs a new nickname."