Chapter 30

Jake puts the car in park and rests his arm onto the back headrest, facing me. His eyes, still yet observant. He tries his hardest not to seem overbearing or obvious but he was utterly concerned about me. "Are you okay?"

I  nod, "I think I am...and can you not tell anyone about this." 

He sighs, "only if you promise me not to do it again." I knew once he said that he meant that and that our little new friendship that he did in fact care about me.

I turn to get out but he grabs me by my chin and motions me to face him. "Promise me." I roll my eyes. "I promise."

"Give me your phone." He says. "Why?"

"So I can check up on you later." I sigh as I hand him my phone. "Okay...here."

"It's not that big of a deal," I smirk. "It is."

"You're caring about me again."

 He nods, "yes because."-

"What you."- I pause. "Sorry," I said climbing out.

 "I'll call you when I get home." I nod, "be safe."

 He laughs, "okay, and thanks to Jake, for saving me from myself." Jake salutes me.

I close the door and take a deep breath before entering the house. "Aria is that you?"

"Yes." She runs towards me and I back up.

 "I'm sorry...are you okay?" I nod, "h-how'd you get home?"

"J-Jake...I'm sorry I scared you." She nods, "okay well go take a shower and go to your room Aria."

 I nod and do as she says. After I got out of the shower I wrapped a towel around my body and tapped my phone, three miss calls.

I swipe to answer the incoming call.

Aria- hello

Puts the phone on speaker

Jake- what took you so long?

Aria- I was just taking a shower I'm fine

Jake- oh good

Aria- (chuckles) yes I'm fine I'm getting dressed and going to bed as we speak

Jake- great well I told Vanessa I found you she'll pick you up in the morning

Aria- you're such a good friend

Jake- ha, ha yeah go to bed Ms. Tyler

Aria- okay Mr. Carson

Jake- whatever floats your boat now go to bed

Aria- fine I will

I hang up and that was technically the last time I've ever talked to him.

I mean he did make sure I was okay from time to time but really I just spent my time with Vanessa. "Hey babe, Tyler."

"Carson." I said, "I'll see you guys later." I get up and walk off happily. This is a fresh start, well a new one ha, for me to repackage myself and evolve over this summer break.

I love summer. "You're not gonna tell her we broke up are you?" Jake sighs, "I will when I feel ready." Jake said. I set my application on the counter. "Well hurry up I can't stand pretending to care about you anymore." Vanessa vigorously spat.