Chapter 16

"Aria what are you doing here?" Sara asks crossing her arms.

"What do you mean? I'm here for practice I'm on this team remember?"

"Yes, but since you're being a bitch to Vanessa you're suspended."

I laugh, "oh no I'm not... Because what's going on."-

"Just go."- Vanessa speaks up.

"Oh come on," I said.

"No, I took you in and...and you got angry at me for something Nick did and I didn't deserve that. And if it wasn't for me you wouldn't have been on this team."

I laugh, trying to comprehend what's going on. "Okay I see...when I'm upset it's wrong but...know what fine." I storm off.

"See...she'll be back to being your friend in no time." Sara pats Vanessa's shoulder.

"I don't know she seemed pretty upset." Sara sighs, "They always are."

I enter my house and set my book bag onto the floor. "I thought you said you had practice." I look at Ester. "I'm suspended because I was mad at Vanessa for lying to me." I plop down on the couch. "And I'm not even mad anymore... I'm cool." I said, "Then why aren't you talking to them?" I roll my eyes, "don't do that or your eyes will get stuck."
She laughs, "leave it to you to make it a joke...you know this was so much better when I had my mom."

I yell, "Hey! I'm trying! I may not be her...but I'm trying." I laugh, "how your husband died before you could have kids." I spat, before sullenly looking into her eyes. "I'm sorry...I'll go to my room." She nods, "indeed you should...and when I come back my little niece better be back."

She gets up and leaves to meet up with Mrs. Lockwood. Ester sits down across from Mrs.Lockwood. "Well, you look upset." Mrs. Lockwood says. "Huh, it's Aria...she's going through her little faze." She laughs, "I'm so glad I got past that stage. Teens can be so confusing." Ester looks up at her, "yes, Nick has an older sister...of course the two don't get along...I blame the age gap and me having her at a young age." Ester looks away. "Right."

Mrs. Lockwood takes a sip of her coffee. "I wish that Nick and Aria would've gotten together we would've been family." Ester laughs, "I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have lasted long. Aria tends to push people away." She sincerely replies, "well I have a wonderful idea for the two. Since Thanksgiving is coming up."-

"How about you three or four come over to our house for thanksgiving." Ester interrupts her. Mrs. Lockwood nods, "very well. That's a plan."

I can't believe I haven't opened this box yet...I should just get rid of it....but I don't want to. Be strong Aria, be strong.

I only call you when it's half past...

I huff as I have to reach on the other side of my bed to answer the call.

Aria- hello

Derek- hey

Aria- well well, what do you want?

Derek- whoa did I do something?

Aria- you can stop pretending now, I know

Derek- damn who spilled

Aria- Sara

Derek- oh that bitch

Aria- ha, yea why are you calling?

Derek- Nick never gave me my last payment

Aria- oh well why didn't you call him?

Derek- because he's not talking to me...and I figured...

Aria- what? That I could talk to him? Well I can't...we're not cool anymore

Derek- why not?

Aria- because he lied to me and he played with my emotions

Derek- didn't seem like that when he tried to beat my ass at the game because of you

Aria- that's why you two were fighting?

Derek- yea...he even forced me to come to your stupid birthday party no offense

Aria- none taken...so he really does care

Derek- yup

Aria- well it's too late I'm back to being a one girl revolution

Derek- and how's that working for ya?

Aria- great how's your life?

Derek- I just got out of jail

Aria- why were you in jail?

Derek- I was framed for murder

Aria- oh that's not good

Derek- yea...love makes you do crazy things

Aria- yup...who was the girl?

Derek- you may know her...Nicole Tyler

Aria- that's my cousin

Derek- yea I know she told me

Aria- well you be good to her and stay out of trouble

Derek- I'll try

Aria- good luck

I hang up and return to my thoughts, which didn't last long because Ester soon called.

Ester- I've got great news

Aria- what?

Ester- the Lockwood's are coming over for thanksgiving

Aria- why the hell would they want to come here?

Ester- I don't know I just got tired of feeling like a charity case to them

Aria- oh well I'll be nice

Ester- good thanks

Aria- yup

I hang up and lay back on my bed.

Mrs. Lockwood enters the living room of her house and sits down next to Nick. "Yes, mom?" He asks as if he's done something wrong. "Guess where we're going for thanksgiving." She giddily jumps. "To California like we always do."

She shakes her head. "No."

"Hawaii?" He questions and she shakes her head. "No."

"Okay, we're going to grandpa's private island?" She frowns, "what? God no, we're going over to your friend's house!" She jumps. Nick frowns. "Why she hates me." She nods, "but this will be your chance to get her back."

"Who back? Since when does my little brother have feelings?" Nick grimaces at the sound of his sister's voice. "Ivy!" Mrs. Lockwood quickly stands and rushes for the first hug.
"Hey, sis." Ivy sighs, "so who's the girl?" She asks, "his crush...her name is."-

"Mom it's not a crush! And we're not cool anymore end of story!" He yells.
"Do not yell at me with that tone Mr!" Nick gets up grabs his keys and leaves.