Chapter 15

After the altercation, I had wandered around the hotel looking for a bar until I finally found one. I sat down and pulled out my old fake ID. "A shot please."

He nods, "ruff night?" I nod, "of course." He pours me a drink.
"Thank you...cheers to being heartbroken." I chug the shot down and squeeze my eyes as the taste of the shot alarmed me. "Whoo, again," I said putting down some money on the table. After about five drinks I could barely think. I mean at this moment I was dancing in my chair, spinning around without the slightest care in the world.

"I think I'm gonna take a nap." I lay my head down and fall asleep.

"There you are...oh you're sleeping," Nick says.

"She's drunk...who are you?" The bartender asks.

"I'm her friend."
The bartender raises his eyebrow, "you're Romeo?"
He nods, "yes, and why did you give my buttercup shots she's 17." He shrugged. "She had a fake ID?"

Nick sighs and begins to pick me up in his arms. I groan, "put me down." I said.

"No, I'm taking you home," Nick says.
"No...hic...I hate you."

He chuckles, "really?"
I nuzzle my head onto his chest. "No...but you're an asshole."

He laughs, "how much did you drink?"

I laugh, "shhh...five shots."

"You're not a heavy drinker are you?"
I shake my head. "I'm sorry."

I nod, "it's whatever, I'll probably be fine in the morning...I mean I...hic...saw it coming."
He opens his passenger car door and gently sets me down and puts on my seat belt. "Thank..hic...you."
He nods, "be good." He says.

"Okay." I smiled as I batted my eyes at him. I leaned back to watch him jog over to the driver's side. It must be the alcohol cause this boy is fine as hell in his suit.

As he was Driving I roll down the window and stick my head out.

"Woohoo!" I scream with my arms raised. "Aria sit down."
He snaps, "no!" Nick grabs my dress and pulls me down. I pout, "mean! I was having fun... Don't you...hic....want me to have fun?"
He nods, "and I also don't want you dead." I lay my head back onto the headrest. "Awh....okay, I'll go to sleep now." I close my eyes.

When he pulled up to my house he got out and walked over to my side and got me out and carried me to the front door.

"Aria."-

My eyes slowly open, "huh? Where are your keys?"

I accidentally smack his face. He tries his hardest not to get upset. "Aria."

I sigh, "my purse." He reaches into my purse and finds my keys.

"Aria I'm gonna put you down." As he gently puts me down I fall to the ground.

"Whee!" I giggle, he opens the door and struggles to pick me up.
"Blah...bleach." Nick immediately steps back as I begin to throw up.
"Oops." I wipe my mouth and wobble into the house.

He clasps his arm around my waist to help me keep my balance. "Okay let's go in the bathroom."

I laugh, "you can't go in there I'm only allowed."
He picks me up, "where's the bathroom?" He asks.

"Why should I tell you?" I ask annoyed by him.

"So when your aunt comes back she won't know you were drunk."

I sigh, "upstairs." Subtle, he takes me upstairs and finds the bathroom. Nick sets me down on the toilet and grabs a towel and wets it. "You're too good for me." I pout noticing that's he's still here. I begin to cry.
"I don't deserve you."

"Awe...Aria don't." He kneels as he begins to wipe my face.
"It's true...I don't."
He sighs, "the truth is I don't deserve you. And because of me, you're going through this." I nod, "you're an ass." He chuckles, "yes, I am... But I do care about you. I know I was wrong for that but I thought if I could get you with someone else...I'd get more time to get over you." He cups his chin.
"Okay...Awe your so sweet, that's why you're my prince...hic...now take me to my bed." I pout, completely unaware of what he just said. With one arm around his shoulder, he assists me down the hallway, "right..hic...here." I point and he takes me to my room.

Nick stops in the middle of the doorway and looks around. "So this is the famous room." In awe his jaw drops which makes me smile at his reaction. I'm not that drunk by the way...well a little.

"Yup..it's bigger than from across the street." I sarcastically say.
"Ooh, that hurt." He laughs.
"Okay well, I'll see you later." He says turning around. "Bye." I lay down on the bed and fall asleep.

It's been three weeks since I've last spoken to the group was during homecoming and now it's November. Vanessa tried to talk to me but I'm still not over the fact that she lied to me. I have a new look and image to obtain now. I toss my new dark red hair to the side as I walk down the hall in my red leather jacket and black jeans.
"Look it's been three weeks, she obviously not a good friend." Jake soothes Vanessa's back. "I know but...I miss having someone to talk to." Jake crosses his arms.

"Oh sorry....like girl stuff." He sighs, "you have Sara." Vanessa makes a disgusting face.

"Hell no...I just want to know how Nick is handling it."

I walk past Nick who's leaned up against a locker exchanging sex-craved looks to a random girl, who seems to be buying his game. I couldn't help but laugh at his attempts to win this girl over. He stops talking once I've gotten his attention. I roll my eyes and walk away.

At lunch I sat at my own table, the cool girl table reading and minding my own business. "Aria we need to talk," Jake says approaching me.
"Well please enlighten me", I say throwing my hand out, inviting him to sit.

He sits, "well for starters I want to know why you didn't sell me out?"

I laugh, "you see in this twisted world we live in I choose not to give in unlike you. That and I'd rather have you tell her what you did than I." I talk with meaningful hand gestures.

I smile, "that and I don't want to see your beautifully perfect relationship end."

"See I'm good but you didn't give me that chance to show you and not everyone is perfect not even you," I said.

"Hey, it's not my fault you have so many skeletons."
I shrug, "Sure it isn't but you just added yourself to what I call a very long list of people who have wronged me."

I lean forward. "And it's funny how I don't even need to get my revenge because the guilt is the one doing my job. Oh and Jake I really, I do, wish you and Vanessa the best."  I get up and walk away.