Cops

I open the door but instantly am pulled back and shoved up against the counter. I raise the knife again but Carter pins my hand to the island, with his other he pulls out a pistol and holds it to my head. "One minute before bye bye time." He smirks. "Now I must say it's been a pleasure meeting you, you put up a good fight. And if things had gone differently I'm pretty sure we would-"

"Go to hell Carter." I snap. "If your going to kill me then do it already, I'd rather be dead than listen to you drain on any longer."

"But that's not how the game works Jess." Kieran says from the door.

"Ah little bro, you made it and just in time." Carter says. "Do you have my money?"

"I have some of it. It's in the cookie jar." Kieran replies.

"How cliche." Carter scoffs. "Come on, your coming with me." He says, turning me around and still holding the gun to my temple as he drags me along side him.

"There's at least $800 there." Kieran says.

"But you owe me $2,460!" Carter shouts at him.

Suddenly, Kieran pulls out a pistol too and shoots Carter in the leg, right by me and a bullet rings out of Carters gun. For a minute I go dumb with fear but then I realise it didn't hit me, he'd already fallen.

A squat team of cops come piling in from all doors and rush over to Carter, locking him in cuffs.

I run over to Kieran and burry my head in his chest, he hugs me tightly. "Kieran, I can't breathe." I laugh.

"Sorry I'm just so glad you were okay." He smiles.

"I'm fine, are you okay?" I ask him, pulling away from the hug and looking him up and down.

"Yeah I'm fine." He says.

"Good." I reply before slapping him across the face.

"What the hell was that for!"

"That bullet almost hit me! And even if it didn't Carter could of shot me!" I exclaim.

"It didn't. I knew it wasn't going to otherwise I wouldn't of risked it." Kieran tells me.

"You cheated brother, you'll have quite the price to pay when I next get out." Carter grumbles as he and four cops walk past.

"Don't worry he's not going to be getting out." Some officer says.

* * * * * *

"Oh I just remembered, tonight is Wednesday and me and Maya were going to go out, you'll be alright if I go right?" I question Kieran.

"Yeah no problem." He replies with a wicked smirk.

"I mean it Kieran, no parties, no drugs-"

"I got it." He sighs. "No fun."

"That's what you call fun?"

"Well your fun is like reading books and revising and shit." Kieran mocks.

"What ever didn't mean to get your back up about it." I say before heading into my room.

A/N:

So that's the end of Carter, what a knight in shining armour Kieran was 😂

Just wait until you see what I have install for you in the next couple of chapters...