Creeping

I climb in the passenger seat next to Kieran. "I thought you weren't doing this?" Kieran asks.

"I was upset someone got shot, I never agreed to step down from the race." I reply, strapping myself in.

"You think I go fast on the streets, wait until you see this."

When the flag waves Kieran speeds off agains Kai. For the whole race the two swap places between first and last, it's tight but we won.

* * * *

"Bye bye princess." Jayden waves.

"Don't worry I'll be back." I smirk.

"Like hell you are." Kieran says.

"I'm coming back here."

* * * * * *

Kieran get in the car and begin driving back to the house. "What's the other thing you have to do tomorrow?" I so him.

"Just something." He replies.

"Kieran, what is it?"

"It's nothing Jess, let it go." He snaps. I role my eyes at his response.

"If you don't tell me I'll just follow you." I state.

"On what? The bike is broken."

* * * * *
Kieran and I watch a movie before bed. Half way through I go to the bathroom and take the pregnancy test I bought from the store. It comes through positive. But I need to wait until the right time to tell Kieran.

During the night I get one of the spare tires out the shed and watch at tutorial on YouTube on how to change a tire. It takes hours but once I'm done I go to bed, setting an alarm for five am because I figured that Kieran would leave early to avoid me.

I shut off my almost silent alarm when morning comes and pretend to be asleep as Kieran checks on me. He stares at me for a short while before closing the door as soon as he does I pull the covers off me, revealing my clothed body. Cautiously, I creep down the stairs after him and watch from the window as Kieran drives off in his car not noticing the bike that I repaired.

I hop on the bike and follow Kieran, making sure to stay at least five cars behind him.

After a twenty minute drive he makes a sudden left hand turn down an empty road; he stops the car and gets out before suspiciously walking down an alley. Again I follow and watch as he edgily walks down some stairs. Following him all the way, he walks through a door at the bottom and I slip on beside him unnoticed.

The place is full of rough looking people, all smoking, with piercings and tattoos. The people that are crowding the room leave a circle in the middle where there is one tall, muscular and scary man and Kieran walks into the ring shape they have created.

There's no way Kieran can win this fight and he must know that. "Right boy, fight to the death remember." A guy states before stepping back which makes the crowd cheer like wild animals.

The boys begin to fight and I do everything in my power to get to the front to stop this.