Pregnant

"Excuse me." I say, trying to get through people. I'm done with being polite. "Move people!" I shout, shoving past them.

I get to the front to see that in the time it took me a lot happened. Kieran was on the ground and the man stood above him about to punch him, I slide in between them choosing to take the punch for him but it doesn't come.

"Who the fuck are you?" The twenty something year old man bellows. I open my eyes one at a time to look at him. He grabs me by the shoulders and pulls me up. "Who are you?"

"His girl and I'm not about to let you beat him." I snap.

"Well it's a little late for that don't you think?" He laughs, pointing at the bleeding Kieran on the ground.

I grab the man by the balls which makes him squeal like a little girl. "The fight will not continue." I state before letting go.

I help Kieran out of the place and put him in the back of his car. "Your bike will have to wait here." I say getting in the front and beginning to drive.

"Where are we going?"

"To hospital." I reply.

"No, take me home. It's nothing a few bandages won't fix." He says.

"But-"

"Jess it's not up for discussion."

I reluctantly drive him home and when we do I help him to the couch. "Do you want to explain to me what the hell you were doing?" I ask angrily.

"I was cage fighting, it's not a big deal Jes-"

"Not a big deal! You almost died today! And you didn't even tell me where you were going do you know how upset I would of been if you didn't come back? You would of disappeared... leaving me with our child to deal with!"

"Did you just say our child?" Kieran questions.

"Did I?" I question in a high pitched voice which normally exposes my lies.

"Are you pregnant?!" He exclaims. I nod. "How could you not tell me?"

"That isn't what we are talking about-"

"It is now. Jess do you know how big this is?" He questions.

"Not as big as you nearly getting yourself killed!" I shout throwing the ice pack at him. I sprint up to my room and flop on to the bed.

Why did I have to tell him at that moment?
Why did he have to cage fight?
Will he do it again?