Yu-gi-oh 5D x Reader: Acceptance

Tired, that's what I always felt when someone died, not from accidents like a falling building or a house on fire, but from old age, I am not a normal person, I am immortal and have made many friends over the years, Yugi Mutou was the first person I ever cared about, then came his friends and because I loved duelling they gave me a card that represented them well even Seto Kaiba, Yugi though, well, he didn't just give me the Dark Magician, he gave me three powerful cards before he passed away.

(Flashback)

"Why though?" I asked desperately as Yugi laid on his death bed.

"Because I know you will protect them with your life" he replied weakly with a small smile "I can't think of anyone else that would protect them, I trust you (Y/n), I trust you to look after them, do you promise?"

Even laying there he could still pull the puppy eyes, I couldn't help but smile as I gripped his hand securely.

"I promise Yugi, I promise I will guard them and look after them with my life, it will take a lot for me to give them up so easily"

He gave me his final smile before he passed away.

Over time I managed accept that my friends were gone, many years later I met Jaden Yuki and his friends, each one of his friends had done the same thing as Yugi and his group, they gave me a card that represented them and I always kept them close, they were surprisingly still in mint condition, I have never used them until now, they were a dark signer, it was a bully from years ago.

(Present)

(He/she) had come out of nowhere and forced me to a motorcycle duel in the stadium, along with Yusei, Jack and the rest who had been forced to watch.

"Alright my move" I drew and smiled when I realised it who it was "I sacrifice the Cyber Commander and Magician of Faith to summon Dark Magician Girl, then I activate the magic card Sage's Stone, when this card is on the field along with Magician Girl I can automatically summon Dark Magician"

"WHAT!?" everyone cried out in shock.

"But where did they get those cards, there is only one person who had them and that was centuries ago" Yusei cried out in shock.

The duel continued and I was starting to lose, I still had my Magicians along with Elemental Hero Neos (sorry if I got it wrong it's been a long time since I last watched the series) on the field.

"You are such a looser (y/n)" the bully called out to me "you think your old friends' cards will help you win? Don't make me laugh"

"I believe in my deck, I believe in the heart of the cards" I placed my hand on my deck "and it has never let me down" I drew and looked in surprise "this duel is over (bully name)"

"HA! And why do you think that?"

I smirked in reply "I sacrifice my three monsters to summon a monster that is as powerful as the Crimson Dragon, I SUMMON SLIFER THE SKY DRAGON!"

(Cue epic Slifer music and entrance)

"WHAT THE HECK!" every single person exclaimed in shock.

"I've heard tales about those cards but I thought they were a myth" Jack said, his eyes eyeing the ferocious dragon hovering in the sky with smoke coming out of its mouth.

"Only Yugi had those but they had disappeared after he passed away" Yusei replied "just who is this person and how did they get their hands on that card?"

"NOW SLIFER ATTACK AND WIPE OUT THE LAST OF THEIR LIFE POINTS!"

Slifer attacked and caused the runner to crash and injure (bully name).