1

Just as I unlocked my dogs leash, he ran straight to his water bowl and took a couple of slips. I smiled and walked over to the fridge.
"Amy dear. Don't forget you're taking your sister to preschool today." Dad said grabbing his wallet and briefcase.
"But I have work". I groaned.
"Please Amy." Dad smiled and I nodded.
"Fine." I rolled my eyes and poured myself a juice and made some toast.
"Look, I've gotta go. I'm making dinner tonight. Charlie wants Nachos. I promised her. Oh, don't forget that we have the new neighbours moving in the apartment next door." Dad said kissing my head and waving goodbye to my sister Charlie and leaving the apartment. I went into my room, took of my sweaty clothes and got changed into my work uniform. I work at the local cupcake cafe. Once I had tied my hair up in a high pony tail, I wrapped a white ribbon over my hair to match my uniform.

"You ready for preschool?" I smiled exiting my room and heading towards the kitchen where Charlie was playing with her toys. Charlie nodded and placed her toys down and grabbed her packed back pack and swung it over her shoulders. I put my hand out and she grabbed it. I reached for her small coat, which was hanging by the door, my keys and my phone. "Alright, the next train is in twenty minutes time". I told her. "We can't stop for a hot chocolate today." I said closing the door.
"That's okay Amy". She smiled. I turned around after locking the door and noticed a man and his wife, holding there son.
"Hi!" I smiled to my new neighbours. "Would you like me to open the door for you?" I offered. He was holding numerous boxes and she was struggling to hold her son and her bags.
"That would be awesome." He said and his wife passes me the keys to there apartment. As I unlocked their door, I thought it would be a good idea to introduce myself.

"I'm Amy. And this is my younger sister Charlie." I said passing the key back to the wife and gesturing to my sister as I introduced her.
"I'm Lin. This is my wife Vanessa, and our newly born son." He smiled at his family. "Would you like a pot of tea?" Vanessa offered as she placed her bag on the floor still holding her son.
"Oh, no thank you." I smiled kindly. "I've gotta take this one to pre-school." I said and Charlie waved good bye. "If you need anything, I'm right next door." I said walking down the stairs to exit the apartment building. The train station wasn't too far away from our place. Maybe three or four blocks. Once I had dropped Charlie at her pre-school I needed to get another train back home and get to work just before my shift starts. I've never been late before, and today isn't an exception. As I pushed the door opened, I tied my apron around my waste.
"Amy dear. You're here." My boss gleamed. She was a little old lady by the name of Maria. She was a small lady. Just a bit taller than 5 feet. She was very well known around this area of New York City. I checked the time and it read 9:00. Maria opens the cafe at 6:30am. All the busy business workers usually come in squirmy 6:30 and 8:00am. The parents will come in after 7:30 wanting coffee and cupcakes and other pastries for themselves and their children's lunches. And the rest of the people, usually the elderly, come in after 9am.
"Hi, what can I get you?" I smiled at a customer.
"I'll just get a large latte and a raspberry muffin."
"That'll be $6.83." I smiled and they passed over a $10 bill. A Hamilton. I give back the correct change and tell them to take a seat.

~*~

Hey all!
I hope you enjoyed this chapter.
This is will be a Anthony Ramos FanFiction.
He will be featured in this soon - I promise. I was hoping you could comment some thoughts on this chapter... Also, comment your favourite song from the musical Hamilton.
xo