61

Amy's POV
During 'It's Quiet Uptown' I usually check my phone for messages or quickly scroll through twitter or instagram because it's the song with the least lighting and turn table cues.

I received a text from Stephanie.

Steph 😇: Mario and I are only around the corner. 

I replied shortly after.

Me: Some through the side entrance. James has your name on a list. Come meet me side stage in the management office

I saw she had read it. I locked my phone and pulled down the cue sheet for 'The Election of 1800'. Once reading all the cues, the rest of the show took place smoothly. During the finale number of 'Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story', Steph and Mario joined me in the Stage Management office.
"How have you been? I haven't seen you since the Grammys." Steph and Mrs Ramos came to fill the theatre when the cast performed 'Alexander Hamilton' at the Grammys. When Anthony thanks his mom, I swear everyone cried there wasn't a dry eye in sight.
"Pretty good. Oh, you guys should totally come to the Tonys after party." I smiled.
"We don't have tickets."
"I can get you some." I winked and Steph smiled.
"I knew there was a reason I liked you." She smirked and I giggled. I usually watch the last number side stage because there isn't any light cues. The lights stay on before usually the audience are allow to come on stage and meet the cast - when they can. The audience applauded and the cast left the stage. I noticed Anthony walk straight us. I sighed. It was still puzzling him. Steph ran after him.
"What are you doing here?" He asked, half shock half frustrated.
"Amy invited us for dinner. You're coming right?" She smiled hugging her brother, dirlo in his costume.
"S-sure." He stuttered. I leaned against the door frame as he fist bumped his brother hand. Thank god Oak was speaking to Lin and Jonathan after the show, because there is no more room in this small dressing room.
"So, why are you guys here?" Anthony asked, he started to undress himself and change into normal clothes.
"We literally just told you." Mario chuckled. Anthony looked at me dead in the eye.
"Did you tell them?" He asked with a serious tone.
"No. I thought you could tell them yourself." I told him.
"Amy! I told you. Don't get involved. It's none of your business." He groaned loudly like he wanted to yell to make his point clear.
"Anthony. I'm only trying to help." I sighed shutting the door. Anthony rolled his eyes. "I can't believe you-"
"Me?" I asked him confused. "Just tell them."
"No. I don't want anyone else getting involved."
"Anthony. For god sake. They're your siblings."
"Yeah. Anthony's what's up?" Steph asked.
"Great. Now you're making me tell them." He sighed and looked at his siblings. "Dad called me."
"Anthony don't go there." Mario demanded shaking his head.
"Oh but he does. Can you talk him out of it?" I asked him.
"Dude. That fucking bastard ruined our lives. I wouldn't dare talk to him. He doesn't deserve to know you." Mario said. This was a touching subject for Steph. I sat down next to her and hugged her.
"Thanks." She quickly muttered.
"But what if I want to see him?"
"You must be out of your god damn mind." Mario shouted at his brother. I looked up to see the two boys having a go at each other.
"Jesus. Amy. Why did you call them? Now you've just made things worse." Anthony shouted blaming me. I sighed, Anthony is never like this. This time it was Steph to confort me.
"Well thank god she did call us. She's your girlfriend and she wants to help you."
"Well I don't want her help. I don't want anyone's help." He shouted. I couldn't contain it anymore. He doesn't want my help? I thought. Everyone went silent. I could feel that the theatre went silent as well. "Don't you dare tell mom either." He shouted at Mario.
"Anthony. Babe. Please. Stop yelling." I cried standing up.
"I'm going to see him whether any of you like it or not. And none of you can persuade me otherwise." He shouted, making his point clear. He opened the door and rushed out.
"I-I'm so sorry." I apologised to both Steph and Mario.
"No no. We're glad we now know." Steph smiled kindly at me.
"He has never tried to contact anyone of us. I don't even know how he can. How did he get Anthony's number?" Mario asked curiously and I shrugged.
"I just feel bad." I said wiping a tear. Was it my fault? Is it because I haven't spoken to him in a week. The Tonys are this weekend. I can't do this having a negative energy around me. What if something goes wrong. I need Anthony to comfort me. He has always been there for me. I thought I was repaying him. I guess not.