73

Amys POV
I rolled over just as the sunlight hit my pillow. I rubbed my eyes and noticed Anthony's body was replaced with a bouquet of flowers. They were a bunch of daisys. I smiled. What a cutie. I took off the tag.

- for my love

How cute. I picked up my phone and decided it would be a good idea to put it on Instagram. Hang on. Why do I have so many notifications? I shook my head and unlocked my phone.

@/anthony_ramos_nyc: From the Ramos family to yours. Merry Christmas #merrychristmas #family #blessed

Tagged: @/mario_ramos @/s__ramos @/amy_smith
@/s__ramos and 106,805 likes  12,367 comments.

@/daveeddiggs: blessed to Amy, am I right brotha?
@/anthony_ramos_nyc: @/daveeddiggs let me tell you, when she's on her knees, she's not praying for you 😉
@/jasminecephasjones: @/anthony_ramos_nyc @/daveeddiggs TOO MUCH INFORMATION THERE ANTHONY

I scrolled further down.

@/Hamiltonfan1801: did Anthony call Amy a Ramos?
@/daveeddiggslover4: my heart is going to explode
@/Hamilfanssssssss: Playbill even created an article about it. Link: www.playbill.com

I sighed. Oh god. What's happened? I pressed the link. Please let this be an April Fools. It can't be. It's the 26th of December. Get yourself together. There was a whole article speculating that we were married. It was probably just easier to write 'Ramos Family' rather than, Ramos Family + Amy. I looked back at the Instagram post. Honestly Anthony. I rolled my eyes and texted Daveed.

Me: Can we meet up?
Daveed 🕴🏾: Sure. Why? When?
Me: I wanna apologise
Daveed 🕴🏾: For what? Amy's there is nothing to apologise about. It's just some banter. Ant and I are bros. It's what bro's do.
Me: Please, just take my apology, please Daveed.
Daveed 🕴🏾: Apology accepted.
Me: Thank you xx

I sighed and picked the flowers off the bed, it left some petals on the doona. I walked out of my room holding them.
"Aww did Anthony get you those? How cute!"
"Y-yeah. Where is he?" I asked Jasmine who was watching TV.
"I think he went to Daveeds." She nonchalantly said. Wait, did I hear her correctly? At Daveeds? "Oh I've been meaning to ask. Are you and Anthony coming to Vegas with us?"
"When you say us, who do you mean?" 
"Benny and I. Why?" Jasmine turned her head. "What's up with you? Is everything alright?"
"Y-yeah. All good." I shook the thoughts out of my head. Just chill. You're over reacting. I went back to my room and got changed into some jeans, a tee and my grey coat. "I'm gonna visit Phillipa. I'll be back in a few hours." I waved leaving the apartment.

I knocked on Pippa's door.
"Hey girl. I haven't seen you in ages. What's up? How was Christmas yesterday? I saw Anthony's post, that was cute. How was St Martins? Better yet, New Zealand. Let me make some tea and we can discuss everything." Pippa cheered excitedly as I entered her toasty warm apartment. I sat at the dining table. I noticed Steven wasn't around.
"So, how's the family?" Pippa asked passing me a mug of hot green tea.
"Oh they're all really good. I swear we watched Moana like eight times in the couple of days we were there."
"Did Anthony enjoy it?"
"I think he did. He might've been weirded out by a couple of aspects of the culture, but I mean, who isn't. Actually, that's why I came over here..." I trailed off.
"You guys didn't break up, did you?" Pippa asked worried sitting down across from me and reaching of my hand.
"Oh god no. I was just wondering, I know it was ages ago but you've probably forgotten, but do you remember the day I meant Anthony."
"Forgotten? Hun. I remember that day like it was yesterday. I was on the phone to him for a good 45 minutes."
"Yeah. About that." I sighed stirring my tea. "Do you remember what he said?" I asked her.
"Heck yeah." Pippa smiled. "This is how it played out."

~*~
Flashback
~*~

Just as Phillipa and Anthony were getting ready to leave Lin-Manuel's New York apartment, Lin opened the door and just like in the movies, stood a very pretty young woman. She began to spark conversation with both Lin and Phillipa. Anthony stood there speechless. Anthony was always one to believe in love at first sight, whether that was true for him or not. Anthony would remember this day for the rest of his life, from the clothes he wore to the amount of steps which divided the light skinned girl and himself.

"Hi I'm Amy." She smiled to him.
"Anthony. It's nice to meet you." He would say shaking her hand. It was a perfect fit. A fit soul mates would have.
"Likewise." She would smile tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear. Anthony would even remember what she was wearing.
"I'll call you later Amy." Pippa would say beginning to walk off, but Anthony had other ideas. He didn't know if he was ever going to see her again. Anthony had seen what love did to his parents, they had three amazing kids, but the marriage itself- a big fat fail. "Anthony, you coming?" Phillipa questioned knowing how hung up he was.
"Y-yeah." Anthony stuttered. "See ya Lin. See ya Amy." He waved leaving to go to the elevator. Amy. That name suited her. It was short and simple. It was French for 'beloved friend'. Anthony hoped that they would become beloved friends, which in deed they did.

Within minutes of both Anthony and Phillipa getting home to their respected apartments, Anthony called Phillipa and got straight to te point.
"Would it be weird to ask you if you could give me Amy's number?"
"Why? That's creepy. You literally just met her like, two minutes ago."
"Please. I can't throw away my shot." Anthony smiled just thinking about the girl he just met. "I feel so helpless around her. You saw how I stood there awkwardly. "We're both light skinned, she sounds intelligent- straight A's. Yo, I've never met anyone liked her."
"You said that when you first met Jasmine."
"Yeah. But Amy, she's uhm, she's different. I wanna make her smile. She's beautiful when she smiles."
"No."
"Phillipa listen." I groaned. "We both have similar backgrounds, we both have single parents. We both have a similar up bringing in New York. We have probably crossed paths, numerous times. Buschwick is only thirty minutes from the city. Just give me a chance, please Phillipa." I paused. "Pleeeaaase." I dragged.
"Fine." Phillipa breathed. "Anthony. I'll give you her number, only if you don't ever hurt her. The second you break her in anyway, I'm going to be at your place with a knife to cut off your balls."
"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!" Anthony cheered jumping up and down in his apartment.
"Chill dude. I'll just text it to you." She hung up. Deep inside, Phillipa thought Amy was a better match for Daveed not Anthony, but she wouldn't dare say that to anybody. Especially not Amy.

~*~
End Flashback
~*~