22

Amy's POV
I couldn't believe this. I thought Jasmine and I were friends. If we were, she wouldn't have told me. Right now, I feel like Eliza and Jasmine would be Angelica. I've seen that play one to many times. Instead, she could've kept her mouth shut, but didn't. I decided not to day any thing. Why was I acting childish. I'm not usually like this. I'm usually strong and independent. Why did I suddenly become weak? No. Jasmine placed a hand on my shoulder. I moved away from her. I actually felt sick in my stomach. I needed to go.
"Uhh, tell Anthony that I'll call him later." I said and walked off. I needed to let off some steam. I was so frustrated with her. I swear, steam probably came out of my ears. I somehow made by way to Bennys. Well, I knew the way from the hospital to his house pretty well. When mom was in hospital I would always walk to his when I was upset. He would comfort and tell me it was alright, even though it might have not been.

"How dare." I shouted and punched Benny's boxing bag. "She think." I punched again this time with more force. "That." I punched even harder. "I can't believe."
"You're going to hurt yourself Amy." Benny tried to pull me away from the boxing bag.
"I can't believe she still had feelings for him!" I groaned and then let all my emotions run out. Benny pulled me closer to him and engulfed me into a hug.
"Hey. Let it all out." He said and kissed my forehead. I couldn't imagine what was going on at the hospital right now. Jasmine probably had her hands all over Anthony at this moment. Anthony's mother was probably smiling at the 'happy couple'. I couldn't bare to think about it. "Here. Let me look at your hands." Benny said and I showed him my knuckles. "See, this happens every time you come here. You don't wear nosing gloves, when though I tell you to every time." Benny laughed and sat me down on a chair in his garage and tapped my knuckles.
"Hey Benny. Jasmine invited me to a party she was throwing at her house. D-do you mind coming?" I asked shyly and Benny nodded.
"Of course I'll come." Benny smiled. "But you can't get to out of hand. We have finals next week." Benny said and rubbed my shoulder.
"I know."

I returned home shortly after that. Lin was outside his apartment trying to calm Sebastian down. He was crying.
"Amy. Thank god. Can you try and calm him down?" Lin asked and passed Sebastian over to me. I rocked him side to side and he slowly started to become quieter every second.
"That's a good boy." I smiled and poked his nose.
"Thank you so much." Lin sighed. He looked exhausted. I smiled at him.
"You know, all your hard work is paying off."
"It's beginning to." He said as I continue to rock Sebastian.
"Aren't you just the cutest?" I mumbled as Sebastian shut his eyes to go to sleep. I gave him back to Lin, said a quick good bye and entered my apartment.
"Amy!" Charlie squealed and hugged my legs.
"Guess whose here?" She asked excitedly. She didn't even let me guess. "Grandma and Grandpa. From New Zealand." My moms parents always come over to visit for a couple of weeks this time of year. They prefer Spring rather than Summer in New York.
"Mootua." My grandmother said in her native language to me.
"Kuia." I smiled and she hugged me. I wasn't the greatest at speaking Maori. I sucked at it. Mom used to teach me when I was younger, when Grandma and Grandpa used to come all the time.
"We brought gifts. Come. Take a seat." My grandmother said. She's bilingual. I sat down on the couch and she passed me a box. "Now, I know your father insists that you celebrate Christmas because his Christian and I believe in someone else-"
"Mootua." I said and raised an eyebrow to stop her. She was never quite found of my mother marrying a white man. My mum was just like me. She was a bit darker. People often compre my skin colour to Zendaya's which is kinda cool. I opened up the box and saw a pair of bongo drums. Obviously my grandmother called them something different. "These were your mothers. She would play on them every time we had a festival on the island." My grandmother smiled and held my hand. "She wanted you to have them." I nodded and hugged her. My grandfather passed me a small box. Inside was a gorgeous pearl necklace.
"Thank you Ruau." I smiled and hugged him. The grandparents were the best. I sighed. All I wanted right now was some sleep. I look at Dad and he noticed something was up.
"Why don't we go to Central Park or something. Amy has a bit of uni work to catch up on." Dad said and looked at my grandmother.
"We can take Charlie out for a while." My grandmother said.
"I've never been to the Central Park Zoo. Let's go there." Grandpa said to my sister and her face lit up.
"Grandpa. That's my favourite place. Come on. Let's go then!" Charlie squealed excitingly. Once my grandparents and sister had left I went straight to the kitchen.
"No. I'm not going to let you bake or make or cook anything. You dear. Look exhausted." Dad laughed and came over and hugged me. "Go have a rest. I'll wake you up when they come back." Dad smiled and I nodded. "Oh Amy. Also, that boy you had over the other day." He paused. "What is his deal? Like are you two together or what?" Dad asked and raised an eyebrow at me.
"Uhm, it's a little complicated. But yeah, we are." I blushed.
"My little girls growing up." Dad said and pinched my cheek. I rolled my eyes. "Remember, if he ever hurts you, tell him I have a black belt in karate." That's true.
"Okay Dad." I giggled and walked off.

~*~

"Whoop. Whoop. Amy's in the house." Oak said and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. "Bro, you gonna do a shot or what?" Oak said and passed me a red cup. There was a strange smell to the concoction he had made.
"Maybe later Oak." I said and noticed Benny had already left my side. Oh man. Is that kid serious? I looked around Jasmine and Anthony's apartment. I saw Jasmine in the kitchen talking to someone. I needed to know how Anthony was feeling. When she wasn't looking I made my way to Anthony's room. I opened the door and noticed he wasn't in there. Huh? That's weird. Isn't he meant to be resting. He sent me a text saying he was out of hospital and that I could come over whenever I wanted to. I frowned and walked out. There was no room in this small apartment to throw a party. I can't drink. I need to make sure I don't drink. I have a really important week at University and I can't stuff it up. I unlocked my phone and called Anthony's number.
"Hey babe." Anthony chuckled.
"Hey Anthony. Where are you? I'm at yours." I said confused.
"Funny story. So I ran into your sister at Central Park and your grandparents invited me over for dinner at yours. I'm on my way over now." Anthony said. I sighed.
"Why didn't you say no?" I questioned him.
"Hey, its free food. I'm not going to deny that." He chuckled. I could hear Charlie in the background. He must already be there.
"Is Amy on the phone?" Charlie gasped and there was silence and then Charlie's high pitched voice blasted my ear. "Amy! Your boyfriend Anthony and I are playing with my Barbies. Where are you! Aren't you coming for dinner?"
"Charlie. I just went for a walk." I lied.
"Oh well. Hurry back. I miss you."
"I miss you too Charlie." I smiled.
"I also miss you." Anthony sweetly said into the phone.
"Aww miss you too." I smiled. "I'll be there in twenty minutes." I hung up and groaned. Seriously? Dads now going to bombard him with a 1000 questions over dinner, and my grandparents will probably do the same. I needed to get back. I tried my hardest to find Benny, but I didn't have time. I quickly booked an Uber and made my way back to my apartment.