15

Amy's POV
Well, that was an awkward yet nice first meeting. I couldn't help myself. I become weak at the knees when I'm around Anthony. I can't stop blushing. Does he feel like there might be something between us, or is he just looking for another fling?
"Amy. Come on. Take a break. Dance with me." Benny smiled taking the tray off my hands and placing it at the bar.
"I shouldn't- "
"Just one song." Benny laughed and took my hand and kissed it.
"Fine." I giggled and rolled my eyes. The band began playing 'Girlfriend' by *NSYNC.
"I haven't heard this song in ages." Benny laughed and I danced around with him. I saw Anthony point to him as he was talking to his brother. I blushed.
"Wasn't this song playing at Prom?" I laughed and he nodded.
"Oh yeah. And right after this song we went back to mine and made out and we lost our virginities to each other." Benny said and I nodded. I turned around and saw Anthony standing there shocked.
"Hey Ant. Can I call you that?" Benny asked.
"You certainly can not." He said frustrated.
"Whoa. Sorry mate." Benny said putting his hands up in surrender. "I was only joking dude." He laughed and I smiled.
"What was that about losing your virginity to him?" Anthony asked. His face went red.
"Can we not have this conversation here? Anyways. It's not like it's a big deal." I whispered. "You're not the only person I've had sex with Anthony."
"How long ago was this?" He asked.
"Oh, like two years ago." Benny pointed out.
"Look Anthony. It's not like we're together anyways." I told him.
"Stop getting so jealous." Benny laughed and Anthony's eyes darted to him.
"If people weren't around I would punch you right now." He said and Benny laughed.
"You know, if you really liked Amy. You wouldn't dare lay a finger on me. She's my best friend, and I swear to god if you hurt her in any ways, I'll chop your balls off." Benny said.
"Would you boys stop fighting." I shouted.
"I've had it up to here. Today's been a really stressful day for me, and I don't need you two to make it worst. Either carrying on right outside or leave me alone." I cried. I turned around to try and find Phillipa.
"Amy! Wait!" Anthony said trailing behind me.
"Get your filthy hands off her you prick!" Benny said and I ran backstage. I couldn't bare to hear them fighting anymore. I found Leslie's dressing room and shut the door. I sat on his couch and buried my head in my hands. Why was Anthony so mad at me? I find my phone in my back pocket and text Phillipa.

- Can you come get me? I don't feel so good 🤢

I was sitting waiting for her reply when Leslie walked into the room.
"Oh shit. Amy. You scared me. Whoa, are you okay?" He said and sat next to me and placed an arm over my shoulders.
"It's just been an emotional day." I told him truthfully.
"Did something happen between you and Ant?" He asked and I looked at him shocked. I nodded.
"I think so. It was nothing though." I shook my head. "H-how did you know-"
"I saw you guys." He paused and sighed. "Now seriously, are you guys dating?" He asked and I shook my head.
"Anthony doesn't want anything serious just yet. We've spoken about it." I told him.
"Are you happy with that though?" He asked me and I shook my head.
"He makes me feel things Leslie. He makes me feel like I'm the only girl here. He makes me feel special. He makes me feel included in everything. It's just upsetting that, to know he doesn't feel the same way." I sighed. He smiled.
"I doubt that. That boy has completely changed his attitude. I'm being serious. When I met him, he was shy and a little bit obnoxious. I'm being serious. Ever since he met you, he can't stop smiling and he tries to include you in everything. That's why he threw that party. He only did that to see you."
"He must be so pissed at me that I threw up." I sighed and Leslie chucked.
"Anyways. He looks at you like no one else. There's a sparkle in his eyes. You know, him and Jas used to have a thing, and I was the only one who knew about it - and I still do."
"I think everyone knows about that." I giggled.
"He doesn't look at you like he looks at everyone else. He clearly wants something with you, a relationship if that may be. Just give him time. I promise you." Leslie said and kissed my head. "You know what, don't worry about him. Go out there, serve some more food like a boss. I've gotta introduce you to Oskar Eustis. His so cool." Leslie said and pulled me up from the couch. "Oh and if Anthony pisses you off any more, ignore him, come find me and I'll give him one of those speeches I just gave you." Leslie said and I giggled.
"You're the best Leslie." I said and hugged him.
"Oh there you are. I've been looking all over for you." Phillipa said. "Are you okay?" She asked me and hugged me.
"Yeah I am know. Leslie gave me some panadol. So I'm feeling a lot better now. Thanks." I smiled and winked at Leslie and he nodded. Thank god he went along with the lie.

~*~

"Anyways as I was saying-" Oskar was saying has Leslie butting in.
"Oskar this is Amy. She's organised tonights event." Leslie said introducing me to him.
"It's nice to meet you sir." I smiled and shook his hand.
"So you're the genius behind this night." He said and I nodded.
"Well, I wouldn't say genius." I giggled.
"Well I definitely would. I was also advised by the catering company about the infestation. I was afraid we wouldn't have any food for the guests. You're a very smart girl to have a plan B. I now know who to call if we have any other events in the Public Theatre." Oskar told me. "Oh, and here's my business card. If you're ever looking for work, contact me and I'll help you get around." He said and passed me a small card from his pocket.
"Thank you so much sir." I said and shook his hand again and he turned back to talk to the people he was talking to.
"How about that Amy?" Leslie said and hugged me just as Nicolette walked over looking stunning as always.
"Hey Nic." I smiled and hugged her.
"Look at you Amy." She smiled and kissed my cheek. I blushed.
"Oh, I think Anthony's looking for you." She said and Leslie looked at his wife.
"I'll find him later." I smiled. "You guys go dance, enjoy the night. I'll see you tomorrow Leslie." I waved and walked off to the bar again.

~*~

"Oh my. Thank god that's over." One of the bar men said to me and he wiped the bar clean. I laughed.
"You could say that again." I nodded and wiped another dish clean.
"Can I go home now Boss?" Andy said coming over. I nodded.
"Of course." I said and took my gloves off.
"Oh, I almost forgot." I said opening up my purse and pulling out some cash. I passed him $300. "It's the least I could do." I smiled at him and he hugged me.
"You pay be better than Maria does." He laughed. I can definitely agree with that. Working in hospitality on the minimum wage sounds appealing right? Wrong. After everyone left I said a quick by to Lin, Chris and Oskar and shut the door.
"Need a lift?" Anthony asked peering out of no where.
"Christ." I clutched my chest. "Don't scare me like that again Ramos." I said and began walking down the street.
"You know, you shouldn't be walking alone-"
"I can do whatever I want. You don't own me." I groaned and stopped in my path.
"D-did I say something wrong back there?" Anthony asked me gesturing to the end of the street where the Theatre was and I nodded.
"Can we talk tomorrow? I just want some sleep. I've been up since six, and the last thing I want to do is argue with you. So if you don't mind leaving me alone, that would be great." I told him with a slight sass and demand in my tone of voice. I looked up at the street sign and pressed the button to cross the road. I realised that I was now one block away from my apartment. Anthony followed me all the way down to make sure I got home safely. "I'll text you f I can be bothered." I told him and walked the rest of the way home.