21

Amy's POV
I walked back into the hospital with Jasmine the next day. We came last night but Anthony was asleep, and we didn't want to wake him up. He had is surgery in the morning, so we decided to come in just before lunch. Jasmine had a bag of food in her hand. We had brought some lunch for ourselves and Anthony. I had a bouquet of flowers in my hands.
"Now, remember. He has only just woken up from surgery. He may be a bit confused and delirious. If there is an emergency, there's a red button on the remote on the left hand side of his bed. Just press that, and I'll come in." The nurse smiled as she opened the door for me.

"Amy! You're here!" Anthony shouted.
"Yeah I am." I giggled and placed the flowers down on a table and walked over to kissed his forehead. "How are you feeling?"
"As high as a kite." Anthony smiled and saw Jasmine.
"This is just too good!" Jasmine exclaimed pulling out her phone and taking a photo of Anthony with his hands in the air.
"Jasmine. Why are you here? Amy. Why did you bring Jasmine. I wanted you to suck my dick." Anthony shouted. I instantly went red.
"Babe. You're yelling." I laughed and sat down on the chair next to him, moved closer and placed his hand in my hands, just so he would relax and hopefully calm down.
"If you guys want space-" Jasmine said and I cut her off my glaring at her.
"Don't encourage him." I groaned as she sat down near the end of the bed.
"How was the surgery?" I asked and Anthony shrugged.
"I was asleep the whole time." He smiled and looked at me. I nodded to encourage him to keep speaking. "Do you think kites get lonely when they're in the sky?" He asked me. Jasmine couldn't control herself. She burst into laugher. I needed to stay present and not laugh at Anthony. Clearly the drugs hadn't worn off. "You know Amy, you have some nice eyes."
"Thanks Anthony." I said and rubbed my thumb against his hand.
"I'm being serious."
"I know you are." I said and smiled at Anthony so he was reassured.
"Amy." Anthony finally whispered.
"Yeah?" I asked him.
"I'm really hard."
"Anthony." I groaned. "Would you stop." I complained. "When we leave, you can fix that out yourself." It's probably just the drugs messing around his hormones. Although this was pretty funny, you had to feel sorry for him. He wasn't going to remember any of this.

"What something to eat Anthony?" Jasmine asked as she pulled out an orange juice and shook it. Anthony just shook his head and he let of of my hand and moved over and tapped the spot next to him.
"Come sit here." He asked me and tilted his head a bit.
"There's not enough-"
"Pleeeeeeease. I'm really lonely." Anthony pleaded. How could I not resist. I sat down next to him and kissed his cheek.
"Your hair is a mess." I giggled and ran my fingers through his hair. "Let me at least tie it up." I smiled and pulled the hair tie off my wrist and tied it up. "Better?" I asked and Anthony nodded.
"Thanks. But now I feel like a girl." Anthony said and I reached for the muesli bar Jasmine passed to me. "Can I have some?" Anthony asked me. His so freaking cute when his sick. Can he stay like this forever. Actually no. Because that would drive me insane.
"Of course freckles." I said and pulled a bit off and placed it in his hand and he ate it. "Good boy." I said and tapped his head.
"I'm not a dog." Anthony frowned.
"I'm going to go to the bathroom. I'll be back." Jasmine said and left.
"I'm so glad you're feeling better." I smiled at Anthony and kissed him. It felt so good to know that he was better. I could tell the drugs were wearing off.
"When can I leave?" Anthony asked after he pulled away.
"I think either tonight or tomorrow. I'm not working tonight, so I can stay here if you want some company." I offered and Anthony nodded.
"Please, it's so boring here. I've read the pamphlets four time already. Oh, before five o'clock can you remind me I've gotta fill the breakfast order. I have a feeling I've gotta stay another night." Anthony said and kissed my head.
"Of course." I smiled and snuggled into his chest.
"You know, I was really looking forward to today. I was going to take you to the zoo. I didn't really think, our first date would be in a hospital." I let out a sighed.
"Neither."
"But as long as I'm with you, I'm happy." Anthony said. I could feel his heart beat against my ear. I smiled at the consistent rhythm beat.
"When's your next check up?" I asked and yawned.
"In another hour or something." Anthony shrugged and I yawned again. "If you want some sleep, go ahead. I'm not moving anytime soon."
"No no. I'm fine. You're just really comfy in this robe." I smiled and cuddled his chest. He was so warm. I felt right at home in his arms. I decided to shut my eyes for a while.
"Anthony. You're mums here. Is it all good if she comes in?" Jasmine asked opening the door. I jumped off the bed, one in fright of Jasmines voice and two, she didn't know about Anthony and I. She's seems like a nice lady though. I meet her last week. I sat down on the chair and smiled at Anthony. "I wanted to make sure that nothing was going on here before she walked in." Jasmine told us.
"You're a lifesaver." I said as Anthony's mother walked in.

"Oh my baby. Look at you." She scurried in. "Are you feeling okay? How's your stomach? Have you eaten? What's your temperature? Are they treating you well?" She began to touch her son on the forehead to make sure he was alright. She then turned to me. "Who are you?"
"Mum. I'm fine. My stomachs fine. They look my appendix out before. I ate before the surgery and I had like, half a muesli bar beforehand. They'll check my temperature at my next check up. They're treating me fine." The way Anthony said fine, was like he was sick of the questions and just wanted to get out of the hospital. He didn't speak to me like that so I was a little shocked. Unless he was annoyed that his mom didn't remember me. "Mom. This is Amy. You meet her last week at the opening of Hamilton."
"Oh dear. I'm so sorry I didn't recognise you." She smiled and I shrugged and looked down at my outfit. I was wearing my skinny jeans and a plain white top.
"Oh it's all good." I mumbled. I was a little afraid of this woman, not gonna lie.
"Maybe we should let Ramos spend some time with his mother." Jasmine said to me and I walked out of the room with her. I sighed. I just wanted to stay with Anthony. Why was I feeling so attached to him already? My heart beat fastened. I was falling head over heels for him.
"No." I said to Jasmine.
"No what?" She questioned me, stunned at my attitude.
"I wanna stay with Anthony." I told her and she shook her head.
"Amy. You can't." Jasmine said as we began to walk down the hall way of the hospital.
"Why not? Does he not want me there? Did he give you a look or something?"
"He didn't." She took a paused. "But his mom did."
"D-does she not approve of me?" I gulped, standing still and not moving. Jasmine gave a slight nod. "I-is there something she doesn't like about me? She doesn't even know I'm dating her son? Or does she?" I asked Jasmine.
"Well uhm." Jasmine said. "It's kinda you, and kinda me." Jasmine said and I found a bench to sit on.
"Please explain." I said intrigued.
"Well." She started and sat next to me. "She doesn't particularly like me, because, I wasn't dating her son. Because we had a fling, she thought I was  dating him. According to her, I was a perfect match. Although Anthony didn't see anything in me, we just had meaningful sex. It's because of my background. I'm a mixed. I mean, that isn't a problem what so ever, but because I look like I'm Puerto Rican descendant. In her perfect world, she wants Anthony to marry someone who shares the same history as her-"
"I can learn Spanish or something." Jasmine shook her head.
"I can speak three words in Spanish. That's not gonna help." Jasmine sighed. "I need to confess something." Jasmine took another lengthy pause. What is up with this girl and taking lengthily pauses. It's gonna kill me. "She doesn't know that we broke up." Jasmine said.
"Hang on, Anthony's mom still thinks you two are seeing each other?" I gasped. Is this girl for real?
"Amy. I'm so sorry. I tried to tell her during the opening, and I've tried to tell her numerous times before that, it's just..." she trailed off.
"D-do you still like..." I follow suit and trailed off. She nodded.

~*~

Just a bit of a cliffhanger...

I'll try and update again tomorrow but I'm seeing Moana tomorrow and I'm so excited.

Also, it's 12:15am in Australia 🇦🇺
Comment where you guys are from...