78

Amy's POV
The next morning, well the same morning really, Daveed and I left the hospital and headed back to the hotel.
"I'm so hungry."
"Well seeing you're now eating for two-" I slapped his chest. 
"Don't start with the jokes, please." I begged as we entered the elevator.
"Well what are we gonna say if people see us?" Daveed asked. Shit. I didn't think of that. 
"Oh uhm, hmm." I muttered. "They won't." I said as the elevator stopped at the floor we were staying on. I said a quick goodbye to Daveed and entered my room. Thankfully Anthony was still asleep. I went into the bathroom to wipe my make up off and have a shower. I scrubbed my body to cleanse the alcoholic stench off me. Shit. I drank last night. You're not supposed to drink whilst pregnant. Heck I didn't know. I put my underwear back on and wrapped a towel over my wet hair and put on the complementary dressing gown on. I walked back out and sat on the bed. I plugged my phone in to charge as it was on 3%. I flicked through some messages and photos from last night. I sighed.
"Babe." Anthony muttered trailing his hand over my thigh, trying to pull me over. "Where did you go last night?" He asked me. I lay down next to him.
"I stayed in Daveeds room. He came back with me." I lied. Sounds like a reasonably good lie. I smiled to myself.
"I was worried about you." He muttered kissing the top of my head. Well you should've stopped dancing with Jasmine and took me home. No don't say that.
"Sorry. I should've texted you." I told him and he wrapped his arms around my body. I almost flicked when his hand touched my stomach. I cuddled into his chest, wanting some sleep, because that's what I really wanted right now. I snuggled into Anthony's body and shut my eyes. How was I going to tell him?

~*~

After what felt like a 24 hour flight back home to New York, I just wanted to sleep some more. There is a limited amount of movies and songs on my phone which I can listen to. Try get boring after a while. Jasmine caught the flight before us, which took off thirty minutes before our flight.
"Oh my god. How was your trip? I missed you so much." Jasmine laughed hugging me like we hadn't seen each other in months. I just wanted to go home. Once we had finally made it home I went straight to the bedroom.
"What's up with Amy? Is she okay? She barely spoke at all during the Uber ride back here." Jasmine asked Anthony from the kitchen.
"I think she's just sick of travelling. She just be exhausted." Anthony told her. Yep that's exactly it Anthony, except that's not it at all. I hope you hear that sarcasm. I tossed and turned for about twenty minutes until I gave up. I quickly got up, but my body wasn't expecting me to get up that fast. I felt a wave of sickness. Shit. I bolted to the bathroom, with my hand covering my mouth. As soon as I made it to the toilet I emptied my stomach.
"You alright?" Anthony chuckled leaning on the door frame. I sat on the cold tiles. I shook my head.
"I-I think it's just the travelling." I lied as Anthony opened up the cupboard to find some ibuprofen. He filled up a glass and handed me two little white tablets and the glass of water. Am I allowed to take these whilst pregnant?
"C-can I uhm, just read that packet?" I asked reaching for the packet which the ibuprofen came in.
"Sure." Anthony said suspiciously as gave me the packet. I read the directions and safety hazards. Yep all good. I downed the tablets and water and stood up.
"Can you order Taco Bell for dinner?" I asked Anthony.
"Of course baby girl." He said and kissed my forehead. "You're not very hot. Are you sure everything is okay?" Anthony asked.
"Yep." I said popping the 'p' hoping that was convincing enough.

~*~

At about 7:30pm our food finally came. I was starving. 
"Settle down Amy. It's like you hadn't eaten in days." Jasmine laughed as I stocked up my plate with tacos. 
"But their veggie tacos are delicious." I told her sitting on the single chair and crossing my legs. My phone buzzed. It was Daveed.

My Black Friend 🤵🏿: Have you told Anthony yet? 

I giggled at his name. Oak was named under 'My Other Black Friend'. They changed it during  the Hamilton shows. I replied.

-No.

My Black Friend 🤵🏿: Well, you should.

-Nah. Actually I've changed my mind. I've decided not to tell him altogether until I give birth to it in eight months time.

My Black Friend 🤵🏿: Fine.

I rolled my eyes and locked my phone and started to eat my tacos again. I was mid way through them when Anthony spoke up.
"I uhh, I got that job."
"That's awesome!" Jasmine squeaked hugging her best friend. "It's gonna be an awesome cast. Bradley Cooper is in it." Jasmine said excitedly.
"I know! I auditioned in front of him. He said I had talent." Anthony said and then turned to me. Oh shit. "Babe. You alright? Didn't you hear what I just said? I said I-" I jumped up just as I felt sick once more. I ran to the bathroom and threw up again.

~*~

The next couple of weeks, I had gotten better. Thankfully Anthony didn't question it. Okay, I haven't told him yet. Tonight there's a huge reunion thing happening. Cast members from Chicago, San Fran and New York are all gathering from their respected shows to New York for a catch up. There's gonna be a bunch of singing and dancing. Everyone was in charge of being different things. Morgan- her karaoke kit, Pippa, Renee and Samantha were in charge of desserts- Samantha assured us that her desserts weren't going to be home made because she was coming from Chicago. Anthony, Daveed and Oak were all in charge of the drinks, Chris was in charge of supplying meat, Miguel and Karen insisted they bring some salad or something. I was currently walking out of the Dear Evan Hansen show with Carleigh. We were both in tears.

"That was beautiful." I said dabbing a tissue to my eyes.
"I know. I wanna see it again. Like, right now."
"I need some frozen yogurt to help my emotions." I told her as she giggled we found a small frozen yogurt shop. I ordered my usual of salted caramel froyo, strawberries, kiwi, chocolate nibs, caramel popcorn and Reece's pieces. We sat down in the corner of the store where it was quiet.
"Hey. I heard you haven't been feeling the best. Are you alright? Is it the change of cold weather that's making you sick?" She asked me.
"No no. Everything is alright now." I smiled scooping up some froyo and eating it.
"Thayne said you vomited the other night during one of the shows." My main/only source of income coming in is still working on Hamilton. Still doing backstage roles, running around like mad.
"Carleigh, I have some news." I sighed.
"What is it? Are you moving? Are you leaving Hamilton? Are you and Anthony getting married? If you are, why aren't you wearing a ring? Shit, did you guys break up? I'm so sorry."
"Carleigh. I'm pregnant." I told her. Her jaw dropped.
"Oh my god! That's great news." She said leaning over the small table to hug me.
"Thank you." I smiled as we sat back down.
"How's Anthony? He must be excited."
"Well, I uhm, I uhh, haven't told him." I told her and she gasped.
"How far along are you?" She asked.
"Two months." I said showing her a peace sign.
"And you still haven't told him?" She asked me. I shook my head.
"I'm planning on telling him just before he goes to Los Angeles to film."
"Oh yeah. Someone mentioned that last week when I went into the theatre."
"But you can't say anything tonight. If someone offers me a drink, I need you to distract me from it." I told her and she nodded.
"Does anyone else know?"
"Only Daveed. He was there when I found out." I muttered.
"Huh?"
"Weird story." I laughed and we continued to eat, gossip and speak about the amazing show we just saw.