16

Amy's POV
I rolled over in my bed. I was now wearing my tank top and pyjama shorts. I yawned and reached for my phone. I randomly went straight to Instagram and became to look at people's photos. There were heaps from last night. Jasmine had posted the photo of Lin, Anthony, herself and myself. I gave it a quick like and scrolled down some more. I noticed Anthony had put on a photo of all the flowers and presents he had been given during the night. I smiled and liked that photo. I wasn't too sure if he got them or not.
"Amy. Are you up?" Charlie asked me as she entered my room. Rosco, my dog jumped on my bed.
"Yeah I am." I smiled and Charlie walked over. "Daddy had to go to work. Can you please make me some breakfast?" She pleaded. "I'm getting really hungry Amy." She groaned and tapped her stomach. I looked at the time on my phone. It was 7:30am. I got home last night at 2am.
"No worries." I said picking Rosco up and placing him on the ground and walked out to make breakfast for my sister. All we had in the fridge was a carton of eggs, bananas, some spinach, strawberries, tomatoes, lettuce, cheese and some milk. I checked the pantry and we only flour and some wraps.
"Where's all the food gone?" I asked Charlie and she shrugged. "Daddy cleaned everything last night." She told me. "Just before I went to bed. I was watching a Disney movie and he was cleaning." She said and sat at the dining table.
"Well, it looks like I'm making you a breakfast burrito or you do want scrambled eggs?" I questioned her.
"Burrito!!!!" She squealed and I laughed.
"Shhh you'll wake everyone up." I told her as she covered her mouth with her hands. Once I had plated up her breakfast burrito, I made myself a smoothie with the spinach, strawberries and banana.
"Amy. Can we go to the park today?" Charlie asked.
"You mean, Central Park?" I questioned her and took a sip of my smoothie and she nodded.
"That's a little while away. It's on the other side of town." I told her. It was really cloudy outside.
"Pleeeeeease Amy. Please." Charlie begged.
"I suppose so." I said and sighed. I've still got to talk to Anthony before the show tonight, or it's gonna be real awkward.
"Fine. Go get changed and I'll get your coat and umbrella and we can go." I told her and she smiled running to her room. I checked my phone and saw that I had a couple of notifications. I ignored them and got changed into some jeans and a jumper. I slipped on my canvas shoes and found Charlie's Dora the Explorer backpack. I placed an umbrella, a water bottle, some chocolate chip cookies, a colouring book and some crayons (to entertain herself on the train ride over there), my black legging and my black flats. I knew we'd be at Central Park for ages, and knowing Charlie, she'd also want to come to the theatre with me. I also packed her beanie and myself a scarf just in case it got really cold.

~*~

I was sitting on a park bench playing with my phone when Charlie came up to me crying.
"Oh sweetheart, what's wrong?" I asked her as i wiped away her tears with my thumb.
"That little boy pushes me off the slide and I fell." She cried and hugged me tightly.
"Oh sweetheart. It's okay. That boy isn't very nice is he?" I told her and kissed her forehead. An older lady came up to me. She must have been in her forties.
"Hi. I'd just like to apologise to your daughter on behalf of my son." She told me and I rolled my eyes.
"Why can't your son apologise instead?" I asked her covering my sisters ears.
"Because his playing with his friends, and I don't want to embarrass him." She told me. "Nathan probably hit your daughter because he likes her." What is this hitches problem?
"Firstly, I'm her older sister not her mother. How dare you think that. Even if I was her mother you've spoken to me with a disgusting attitude. Also, when a boy hits a girl it isn't because he like her, it's because he doesn't know how to act around girls. He must have been raised in a horrible manner that he thinks it's okay to hit girls." I told her standing up getting ready to leave.
"He is a four year old boy. He knows nothing about loyalty and how to treat people."
"Well, that's your job isn't it?" I said to her. I felt like Renee playing the badass Angelica Schulyer. I picked Charlie up and carrying to bag back to the Subway. We sat down on a seat and I examined her arm. "Oh honey." I said and kissed her head. "He hit you pretty hard, didn't he?" I said and rubbed her arm.
"Thank you Amy. You're the best big sister ever." Charlie said and I passed her the water bottle to calm her down. I smiled at my little sister. She was just the cutest.
"Okay. We'll this is our stop." I told her and she grabbed my hand and we walked off the train. I decided to take her back home. She needed to rest.
"Go have a nap sweetheart. I'll wake you up later." I told my sister as I tucked her into her small bed.
"Amy? Can you please make me some scones? The ones with orange in them?" She asked me.
"You mean the citrus scones?" I giggled and she nodded.
"When you wake up. They'll be fresh baked. I promise." I smiled and kissed her small forehead and shut the door behind me. I went  back into the kitchen and took a quick glance at my phone. I need to leave here at 5:45 to get ti the Theatre by 6:00pm. I still had plenty of time. Maybe whilst Charlie's asleep, I should invite Anthony over so we can talk and stuff. I did exactly that. I sent him a quick text telling him to come over. I needed to tell him how I feel about this whole situation. I pulled around a bowl and began to make the scones. I was gonna cook something anyways, I stress bake.  Benny picked me up on it when I was 18. During finals time, I would make cakes every day. It got so out of hand at one point, I was up to 2 am decorating a cake. I sighed as someone knocked on the door. I knew it had to be Anthony. I walked over and opened the door. He was holding a single rose in his hand.

"Th-this is for you." He stuttered and I grabbed his hand and held it and grabbed the rose with my other hand.
"Come in." I said and pulled him inside before Lin could see him. Anthony sat on the couch and I placed the rose on the bench and sat next to him.
"Look, before you say anything-" I said as I sat down.
"No. I wanna start." He told me and hit his knees with his hands. "I shouldn't have lead you on like this. I didn't know how you actually felt about me, at the start. I spoke to Phillipa this morning, she told me that you see yourself with me. I see myself with you too." My face lit up. "But, I'm just scared. I don't want to hurt you in any way or anything. I don't know how my family are going to react, I don't know how I would react. I need you to know, that I'm scared of being in a relationship, hence why I've whenever we talking about dating I always gave an excuse to Lin's rule. That is a rule, but I shouldn't have used it on you. I'm going to completely honest with you. I've never been in a committed relationship before." Anthony said and looked down at the ground. Did he just confess that to me? So clearly him and Jasmine were just friends with benefits. I held his hand. "That's why I was jealous around Benny, because I didn't know about you two. You guys seem to get along, and I didn't want to take advantage of that. I don't want to take advantage of you either. I want to be you boyfriend-" I cut him off by kissing him. It was a heartfelt kiss. He must've been freaking out all day about this moment.
"If you want to wait. That's okay." I smiled at his kind eyes and he shook his head.
"I can't do that to you." He smiled and kissed my forehead. "Right now, all I want is you." Anthony said and I wiped a tear from my eye and giggled.
"Well, you can have me then." I smiled and wrapped my arms around his next and kissed him again.
I leaned on top of him and pushed him back into the couch. We were in a heated bliss when I heard my name.
"Amy! Are the scones ready?" Charlie asked as she walked into the lounge room.
"Oh crap." I said and got off Anthony and ran into the kitchen.
"Anthony's here!" Charlie squealed as she ran over to him. She hugged him and then gasped.
"What were you doing with my sister? Were you kissing her? Are you her boyfriend? Can I tell Daveed!" She squealed. I placed the tray of scones in the oven. I walked back over and sat next to Anthony.
"W-we were just talking." Anthony said as he wrapped his arm around me.
"Charlie, you can not tell Daveed about this okay. I know you tell him everything, well, you've told him everything. But this is a secret okay?" I smiled to her as she jumped off the couch and jumped up and down.
"Can we watch Frozen again?" She asked me and I nodded as she pressed play on the DVD player.
"Hey Charlie, you know, my friends in this movie." Anthony said.
"Who?!" Charlie shouted in excitement.
"He plays Kristoff." Anthony said.
"That's my favourite character." She shouted at him. Rosco started to bark at her due to all the noise she was making.
"Charlie. Calm down." I smiled at her and she sat down in front of us and watched the movie from the 1000th time.

~*~

What's your favourite song from Hamilton?